Wanted: Drywall Repair

This section is for off topic related want posts

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Ad Rules:

1. Place all ads in the appropriate classifieds forum. For example: 'WTB M4 AEG' should not be placed in the forum for "Airsoft Items For Sale" it should not be placed in "Airsoft Items Wanted" use your best judgment.

2. All items posted on the site are REQUIRED to have pricing information or be listed as OBO.

3. All items posted on the site are REQUIRED to have a photo of the item OR a link to a similar product photo or product listing from another site so that potential buyers have a good visual idea of the item.

4. No posting of anything that is illegal or unlawful to possesses or traffic.

5. The classifieds forums are NOT discussion forums! Do NOT use them for discussion. If the seller wants x2 the retail value for a used item, that is their business, don't point it out for them. Additionally, do not post in someones classified ad unless the post directly relates to the item in question and is being used as a probing question by a potentially interested party. Off topic questions will be deleted by moderating staff and the offender warned.

6. If you are selling something and do not live in Arizona, you are REQUIRED to disclose in your post your location and some form of contact information aside from your forum username. This should usually be your phone number or primary email address.

Wanted: Drywall Repair

Postby KileyHAZ on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:34 am

Hey all, I am looking to get some drywall repaired. There are a dozen or so cracks throughout the house. Some are hair line and some are bigger jobs. I know how to do the repairs myself but time is at a premium these days and I'm never quite satisfied with my own texture jobs.

I thought maybe some of our members (or their trusted family members) would be interested\skilled in the area so am throwing it out there to see.

I don't have any of the tools to do the job anymore aside from a spackle knife and a box cutter so you would need to have your own tools.

If interested please drop me your availability and a ball park figure. If I don't get any hits I'll check with my a friend of mine in Phoenix or hire the sub contractor Pulte uses. Thanks all.

Most of the cracks are candidates for a quick acrylic dab but here are the worst offenders which will require some compound and tape work:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Re: Wanted: Drywall Repair

Postby Alan on Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:06 am

holy .....Dude that's a new house out there---what the heck??
ground settled- house moved??
That's rough Kiley- find a fix ?? Wow!
Alan
Recruit

Re: Wanted: Drywall Repair

Postby KileyHAZ on Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:44 pm

Alan wrote:holy .....Dude that's a new house out there---what the heck??
ground settled- house moved??
That's rough Kiley- find a fix ?? Wow!

Santa Cruz River Delta, its basically all dry swamp out here. They did tension slabs but the houses are shifting a bit. For the ones they followed due diligence on its about what you expect in the first 7 years, mines not too bad. The ones were they took shortcuts are in big trouble, there is actually a class action suit against them right now.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Return to Other Items Wanted