project help

This section is for off topic related want posts

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Ad Rules:

1. Place all ads in the appropriate classifieds forum. For example: 'WTB M4 AEG' should not be placed in the forum for "Airsoft Items For Sale" it should not be placed in "Airsoft Items Wanted" use your best judgment.

2. All items posted on the site are REQUIRED to have pricing information or be listed as OBO.

3. All items posted on the site are REQUIRED to have a photo of the item OR a link to a similar product photo or product listing from another site so that potential buyers have a good visual idea of the item.

4. No posting of anything that is illegal or unlawful to possesses or traffic.

5. The classifieds forums are NOT discussion forums! Do NOT use them for discussion. If the seller wants x2 the retail value for a used item, that is their business, don't point it out for them. Additionally, do not post in someones classified ad unless the post directly relates to the item in question and is being used as a probing question by a potentially interested party. Off topic questions will be deleted by moderating staff and the offender warned.

6. If you are selling something and do not live in Arizona, you are REQUIRED to disclose in your post your location and some form of contact information aside from your forum username. This should usually be your phone number or primary email address.

project help

Postby Mclovin on Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:17 pm

Hey i need some items for a project but i need to know where to find a 4in pipe with threads on the outside
also a cap to thread onto one end
Do any of you know where to find these items?
Mclovin
Sergeant

Re: project help

Postby Smoothcat on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:19 am

What kind of pipe? I'm a plumber and can probably steer you in the right direction. Shoot me a PM if you need some help.
-Nate-
Smoothcat
Private 1st Class

Postby Mclovin on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:36 am

I need metal for this but can't be too thick pvc will not work for this I think
Mclovin
Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:54 pm

Ah.....................this sounds scary already!
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Smoothcat on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:30 pm

How long of a piece? You could use black iron, galv, or stainless steel. In order of cheapest to more expensive. Let me know.
Smoothcat
Private 1st Class

Postby Mclovin on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:18 pm

it need to be around 3ft long and the cheapest metal i can get. Its not doing anything insane it just needs to stand the freezing temperatures that CO2 has.
I just need threads on it so i can put a cap on the bottom of it
Mclovin
Sergeant

Postby Smoothcat on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:10 am

So 3' long. One end is open, and the other end threaded so you can put a cap on the end of it? galvanized would be the best & cheapest route. You can call Ferguson(plumbing supplier here in town) to get a price on the galv threaded cap & pipe. More than likely the will only have a 11-21' length to sell you. Or you might call Graybar(electrical supplier here in town) They might be able to cut what you need & thread the one end. I'll see what we have in our shop.

Glad you're doing metal. PVC & air don't mix. KABOOM!
Smoothcat
Private 1st Class

Postby Mclovin on Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:20 am

Smoothcat wrote:So 3' long. One end is open, and the other end threaded so you can put a cap on the end of it? galvanized would be the best & cheapest route. You can call Ferguson(plumbing supplier here in town) to get a price on the galv threaded cap & pipe. More than likely the will only have a 11-21' length to sell you. Or you might call Graybar(electrical supplier here in town) They might be able to cut what you need & thread the one end. I'll see what we have in our shop.

Glad you're doing metal. PVC & air don't mix. KABOOM!

Thanks and I want this thing to last for a while and pvc deteriorates on its own
And shoot me a pm of the pricing so I know what ill be dealing with
Mclovin
Sergeant

Postby Smoothcat on Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:38 pm

I'll have your piece tomorrow. PM inbound. 8-)
Smoothcat
Private 1st Class

Return to Other Items Wanted