SB798 is dead! For now...

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Air soft under attack!

Postby The Honey Badger on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:20 pm

I read more on the way the CA legislature works... they are in session in August but usually for budget reasons. In a week the will break until January.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby IconarmsDealer on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:02 pm

if guns can not come into CA unless they are purple then expect ASGI,EVIKE. SPARTAN to pull up stakes and move to aState that has no such B*&& S#!* restriction..The price may actualy go down simply becuase the over head Taxes and other fees that are in California.Perhaps Texas, or another state that has an international trade zone/port of entry.
Also expect to see the unpainted external parts, and upgrades get more plentiful. More Bling ,bling
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby THKInternational on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:19 pm

I would think the price would go up because that means boats from China Japan Taiwan ect would have to travel further to get to ports in Texas and also with weather isuues in to the east that means products could be lost or companies destroyed? just a thought
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Mclovin on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:23 pm

why not just move up north to like Oregon and Washington? different rules and should be cheaper without having outside companies spend more money
Mclovin
Sergeant

Postby THKInternational on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:56 pm

same issues
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Striker on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:34 pm

Mclovin wrote:why not just move up north to like Oregon and Washington? different rules and should be cheaper without having outside companies spend more money

Oregon is full of hippies. As much as people think moving a company out of sate would be the answer to this, you have to consider the facts. A company is in business to make money. Every day that they are open, they are making money. For a company to close up shop and move out of state, get a new location, then start up service again would take too long for them and they would lose way too much money for that to be a profitable idea. Remember, these are not multi-million dollar companies. They are relatively small businesses, and moving out of stake could possibly bankrupt them. A potential solution could be setting up a receiving/distribution center out of state, but again that is completely cost relative.
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby The Honey Badger on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:31 pm

Mclovin wrote:why not just move up north to like Oregon and Washington? different rules and should be cheaper without having outside companies spend more money

Oregon and Washington are more liberal than CA sadly
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Crono0001 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Striker wrote:

Oregon is full of hippies. As much as people think moving a company out of sate would be the answer to this, you have to consider the facts. A company is in business to make money. Every day that they are open, they are making money. For a company to close up shop and move out of state, get a new location, then start up service again would take too long for them and they would lose way too much money for that to be a profitable idea. Remember, these are not multi-million dollar companies. They are relatively small businesses, and moving out of stake could possibly bankrupt them. A potential solution could be setting up a receiving/distribution center out of state, but again that is completely cost relative.

Striker is alive?!
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby Striker on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:30 pm

Yes I am. I've been having some medical issues of late, so I have had to step back from playing for a bit.
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby SinfulPain on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:03 am

TJC10 wrote:
What I read of 798 is that it is not illegal for the private citizen own, possess, or transport a "realistic" looking gun (airsoft or real). 798 wants to make It illegal to retail or ship a "realistic" looking gun. I don't know why they care so much because it is not illegal to retail and ship after market parts for your gun. In essence, selling and shipping you a blued, metal bodied, M4 with a basic, cheap ass plastic, chartreuse stock and hand guard, and sell you MagPul furniture, or even include it in a package deal. However, I think the industry is not saying anything on that topic so that the DeLeon does not discover the loop holes in the bill.

If a bear finds you asleep in a sleeping bag, does he think "MMM burrito"

Which means Evike/ASGI could just remove the upper reciever, and stock, then ship them in their own boxes inside of a larger box, since then they won't be shipping you a completed gun, they'll just be shipping you gun parts. May raise the shipping prices a little bit, but would bypass 798.
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion