SB798 is dead! For now...

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Air soft under attack!

Postby IconarmsDealer on Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:54 am

Crono0001 wrote:
IconarmsDealer wrote:
THKInternational wrote:Seriously though doesnt CA have things they should be more worried about than airsoft. It's not the sport thats wrong with it its the people who play it, we cant stress that enough. Unfortunatly some parents see the guns at big 5 harmless when they buy it for their kid. Soon as that kid plays with it in the street points it at a cop I HOPE the cop will shoot that kid just like he would a criminal. An officer shound never second guess any weapon painted orange or not.

Well spoken by a person who does not have kids! I 100% disagree with this statement as well as Cronos. Lets not get to far off the paths of reality.

I personaly do not want to see, hear about or think anyone deserves to be shot.. Imagin being the person to kill someone and find out it was a toy.....or worse A 12 year old with a toy.

Becuase folks want to keep airsoft to themselves, and on the low down is reason bills like this get any traction at all. Paint ball is mainstream, and is looked at as a "GAME"/ SPORT!.
we are looked at like closet militants, playing war. As soon as anyone askes we tend to clam up.

Brian: that's the difference. You're not a judge. Judges go through a very selective process, and must think in a very unbiased way (even if it always doesn't go that way, it's what they are expected to do).

As for Icon:

If you do not want to take responsibility for killing someone, only to find out it was a toy, than you better make sure you know what you're doing before you pull the trigger. It's similar to that marine getting shot in his house by raising his AR-15. Rules of engagement, like you said. If I'm a cop, and someone points a gun at me, I better make sure I let them know I will respond with deadly force as soon as they even think about raising it. this is situational.man in quick mart pointing a(Percieved)weapon at me...or 11 year old in a sand lot withan orange ak.

I stand by my statement. If you're dumb enough to raise your gun at someone dressed like an LEO, you deserve to get shot.

You will take responcibility regardless. the question is justified. Did you think you were in danger? Yes? then justified.Given the situation did you have reason to believe that the gun was real? Yes? Justified.
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby IconarmsDealer on Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:04 am

THKInternational wrote:I hope nobody deserves to be shot its just some people are stupid enough to make the wrong choices.I am thankful even if we hav a F'd up society remember there are countries where the police will always no matter what crime is commited will come guns drawn shoot first ask questions later. I'm gonna go back a couple of years when I was playing out in a wash we where walking back when I saw a police car, he instantly pulled over a safe distance from us I told my friends that it was for us (I set up a plan for before we started playing for this type of encounterwe drop our guns and step 15 feet twards the officer with your hands clearly visable.) As the cop came out his hand was on his gun when he saw how we responded to his presance he seemed to relax a bit. I knew that scence i was the oldest i had to take responsibilty for everyone. yada yad yada cop felt calmer nobody gets shot that day. my point is that a police officer shouldn't ever have to second guess a weapon they put their life on the line for us so why should they second guess a kid with a gun who knows what could go down... Im ure all have seen that pink .22 rifle ast walmart right... THIS WHAT THE BILL IS SAYING....
if its shaped like a gun, looks like a gun, functions like a gun, and is painted a bright color then it isnt dangerous to you so you should second guess if is a real *BANG* your dead suprise its a pink.22 pointed right at you SURPRISE.

The police do not live in a shell.When new weapons start hitting the public hands.Pink Rugers, and what not they are briefed.
Again this is situational. Keeping a cool head, taking in your enviroment/ location you can better handle it. If a peson knowingly point a purple springer at someone who he knows has a REAL gun he is a fool. He's got nothing.From 7 yards could you tell real or memorex?

Back on topic. Vote this kind of feel good BS out. Tell your reps, and congress.

They place this FEEL GOOD type stuff on the table so folks cant see how F'ed up the other stuff is.....
"What do you meen we havent done nuthen? we made them toy guns red didnt we?"...Dont you feel safer when you go cash your Unemployment check?"
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby The Honey Badger on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:12 pm

IconarmsDealer wrote:The police do not live in a shell.When new weapons start hitting the public hands.Pink Rugers, and what not they are briefed.

^ we are briefed... I have seen cell phone guns, pencil tasers, all manner of exotic weapons.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby THKInternational on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:10 am

allow me to retort when colred airsoft guns hit the shelf if this bill passes in whatever month and orange colored airsoft guns hit the market what happens to the pink rugers?
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby The Honey Badger on Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:45 am

I for some reason you have not seen this, watch it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4gB4i4hAco&feature=player_embedded#at=11
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby THKInternational on Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:48 am

I want hello kitty on my gun :( .....
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby The Honey Badger on Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:25 pm

sadly, you would
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby ultimentra on Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:55 pm

I actually saw a pink hello kitty M16 AEG being used by a female player at The Hills Have Eyes event awhile back, I think it was a regular players girlfriend who came out to the event. I do know that scott got shot by it! :lol:
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby THKInternational on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:43 pm

Its like painting the peace sign on a bomb lol
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby The Honey Badger on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:43 am

Painting a peace sign on a bomb is symbolic. When the bomb hits the enemy, they die and peace is achieved when no enemy are left to fight.

Hello Kitties on a rifle just isn't the same unless the rifle is use to kill asian women, little girls, or homosexuals which are the targeted audience for the hello kitty.

I don't see any reason in killing any of those types, not even the gays.

Back on topic, Chuck D. once said "fight the power"
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion