RSVP Calendar Posts

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

RSVP Calendar Posts

Postby KileyHAZ on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:25 am

This forum is for posting of event details, updates, and accepted or rejected RSVPs. Acceptable posts include those posting new events or details as well as players requesting a clarification on an event item or stating they are available or unavailable for the event. Please keep off topic discussion or extraneous discussion to a minimum or in a separate post. Additionally, players are discouraged for posting a laundry list of reasons they can/cannot attend or might attend and event.

Has been added to the rules section for the RSVP calendar. Please keep it in mind when replying to a thread in those forums. I can assure you that little johnny posting: "He can go, but he is not sure because his mom is mad and he needs a part from john doe that might or might not fit, so yeah um maybe he can go" is of very little value to the rest of us. A better response is simply yes/no/tenative.

I can also assure you that arguing the merits of pay to play versus free games inside an event thread is of very little value. However since more people may care about this rather then the little johnny example above, it is acceptable to create a topic about this on the general forums and link it to the event that sparked your thoughts on it.

In short, if your posting on the events calendar you should ask yourself if it meets one of the criteria below:

Does my post confirm or deny my ability to attend so that the game host can plan for the numbers?
Does my post ask for clarification on a detail of the actual event I am posting in?
Does my post have to do with an update on either of the above two questions?

If your post does not meet the above criteria you may want to consider saving it or creating a new thread. Moderators will be on the look out for the fluff posts from here on out so please be aware. Thank you!
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Re: RSVP Calendar Posts

Postby Tonk on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:26 pm

Awesome! :D
"Si Placet Necamus"
http://www.52Zulu.com
Tonk
Executive Advisor

Postby SinfulPain on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:30 am

I honestly would say to only post your attendance if you're able to go, or sure you can go. Doesn't matter if you aren't going, unless you already stated you were going originally, or if someone asks if you're going. No point in saying "I can't go" when you haven't said you can/might go, to begin with. Useless posting right there.
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:35 am

SinfulPain wrote:I honestly would say to only post your attendance if you're able to go, or sure you can go. Doesn't matter if you aren't going, unless you already stated you were going originally, or if someone asks if you're going. No point in saying "I can't go" when you haven't said you can/might go, to begin with. Useless posting right there.

+1..when they dont arrive by "guns up", then its a safe bet they are not coming.
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Tonk on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:18 pm

Lets stay on topic . Thanks
"Si Placet Necamus"
http://www.52Zulu.com
Tonk
Executive Advisor

Postby quadro on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:36 pm

EVERYONE please rethink your posts in the events section. I have already deleted two posts in the past couple hours because they did not add any value to tie event and was meaningless banter. Chit chat belongs in the other forum sections such as general discussion or off topic.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Return to General Discussion