"Operation Western Front" Discussion

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

Re: "Operation Western Front"

Postby krash on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:40 pm

....maybe there is something we don't know?
krash
Executive Advisor

Postby IconarmsDealer on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:49 pm

Exarach wrote:Not to keep being a downer, but I think the reason TAC has never rented out old Tucson, is Because no one wanted to play there. To be fair, I don't think Old Tucson has the slightest idea of what they are getting into.

OT was one of my favorite experiances as a kid, loved going there, loved hanging out and riding the rides. But I seem to remember the magic of the place being the costumed people, and the period buildings and the like.

I just can't see myself running around Old Tucson in full gear, shooting up the place....and having a good time...

I also seem to remember a lot of glass-fronted stuff, large windows and panels ect. That and AS don't mix nicely.

Ah well, I suppose shooting through a replica saloon would be sweet, but, I just cant see all the other stuff.

And I REALLY hope the guys at toxic didn't just tell them AS is a bunch of "reenactors" in order to get the place.

Who knows, they will probably limit the play area to a small unbreakable part, and everyone will have a blast.
As for me....I don't have that kind of money, and I am sure most 14 year olds don't either....

Well No one has a gun in your mouth and demanding you show up. Look This is a great oportunity to get us(TAC/.MILSIM) out of the dark. When you (anyone) comes up with a venue we can always say "hey Old Tucson did it!"(Hpw about a game at the Pima air and space museum???? I can think of a hand full od kick ass AOs that are just waiting foR a ligit Op... Whats $95.00? for me its a tank of fuel and a few Fast foods meals. I think its worth the risk..
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby IconarmsDealer on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:55 pm

We have ZIP to lose. We are not hosting it, if is turns to $&%T who cares we were there and gave it a shot. If we dont show and it turns out to be a Super event then what?......TAC Players can set the standard. Lets go as one big A$$ Team and play who ever shows...If its turns in to 3 monkeys Humping a football then we (TAC) can learn from this and make a better event) People/ companies are hurting for $$$$ they are more willing to rent us AOs to make up their loss.
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby IconarmsDealer on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:09 pm

KileyHAZ wrote:Assuming I can come up with cash I'm down to give it a shot. I'm not going in with expectations that this will be anything on the level of Combat Challenge or Lion Claws. Even if it is just a few sponsors playing and a subset of the crowd from toxic I'd like to show up and lead by example. It's worth the cash to me to play on a unique venue.

I 100%$ agree, and in addition the feed back they get from this Game may bring the future event quality up to a hard core Event such as CC, and others.
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Striker on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:32 pm

There was too much garbage to wade through on the FB page, so can one of you people tell me what the camo restrictions are?
Striker
Executive Advisor

"Operation Western Front" Discussion 2

Postby The Honey Badger on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:35 am

IconarmsDealer wrote:I 100%$ agree, and in addition the feed back they get from this Game may bring the future event quality up to a hard core Event such as CC, and others.

Assuming they listen Scott. Preliminary reports of their listening skills suggest a distinct desire to do the exact opposite of what the intended message was.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Striker on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:19 am

So brit split is not allowed?
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby The Honey Badger on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:54 am

Really bro, this is Toxic. Do you think they know what split is?
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Striker on Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:51 pm

I don't know. I am going in with absolutely no assumptions of anything.
Striker
Executive Advisor

"Operation Western Front" Discussion 3

Postby The Honey Badger on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:43 pm

$95 for 6 hours of prop driven pick up games?
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion