"Operation Western Front" Discussion

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

Re: "Operation Western Front"

Postby Russell_MaDonald on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:54 am

OK was holding off posting because the site still hasent been updated but, yes we have worked out a deal with old tucson to get the addmision down to $80 with no changes to the venue or prizes. I hope that helps a few of you fence sitters join in your going to miss a great OP. For thoughs of you who have already paid refunds will be given at the door.

Russell
Russell_MaDonald
Recruit

Postby ultimentra on Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:19 pm

Now thats what I am talking about. 80 bucks is a bit more reasonable.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby THKInternational on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:13 pm

yes but they say that spots are filling up fast so I will putting my payment in this next paycheck im getting
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Striker on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:33 pm

Or maybe that was said to get people to fill spots. Afraid that they won't be able to get in. Common sales practice, I assure you. Although I am sure there are a few spots taken already. I just wish that the scenarios actually interested me. I don't want to pay just to play scenario 3.
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby mahabra695 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:35 am

ultimentra wrote:Now thats what I am talking about. 80 bucks is a bit more reasonable.

Not really, it's only -$15 off the original price. $80 is still a lot to ask for a 6 hour game. Compared to CC, which I believe was only $50, for a 2 day game.
mahabra695
Sergeant

Postby ultimentra on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:14 am

Better than nothing for me. I might not be able to go now though because of additional schoolwork loads I just now took on.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby THKInternational on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:20 am

mahabra695 wrote:
ultimentra wrote:Now thats what I am talking about. 80 bucks is a bit more reasonable.

Not really, it's only -$15 off the original price. $80 is still a lot to ask for a 6 hour game. Compared to CC, which I believe was only $50, for a 2 day game.

well you also have to account for that both Toxic and Old Tucson Are trying to make money and CC had sponsors helping it Toxic however does not and 80 dollars is not that much. besides toxic could start off as a annual event if successful if old tucson realises how much this could increase profit they will come and so will sponsors. I would like to say I was there for the first one.
here is a general breakdown Toxic accounts for 30 dollars of this new price (makes them money because its an event)
$50 goes to Old tucson and if 300 people attend that makes Old tucson 15000 dollars alot right so lets say only 80 people (supposed amount that have signed up) people go that makes them 4000 dollars thats is alot of money for them and more than they make a day if this is successful the price will no doubt be lower if another occurs next year.
we could be the forerunners not only that but Old tucson might see TAC as well as a bussiness opportunity and create and sponsor more events.
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:34 am

THK..you said it! It could get the ball rolling, and open other doors for all airsofters.Its only money and we have all wasted it on less worth while things. Im In! If it sucks? So what! Been there done that and Got this little patch for $80.00,But the kicker will be doing it with your Buddies/Team mates. We will have a story no matter how it goes..Pricleess!
ULti..School work load?..... C mon you really going to dedicate this very 6 Hours to school...on a saturday? Thats what late nightst and red bull arefor.You better get in the College mind set now :lol:

NOt me Im going to be fighting for the motherland in some Twilight Zone plot Mil-sim where we are all ttransported to the old west in the 1880.. wwith MACHINE GUNS! :twisted: Everyone else can stay here in MUNDAINIA ;)
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

"Operation Western Front"

Postby THKInternational on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:40 pm

IconarmsDealer wrote: Everyone else can stay here in MUNDAINIA ;)

what is that?
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Tonk on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:56 pm

THKInternational wrote:
IconarmsDealer wrote: Everyone else can stay here in MUNDAINIA ;)

what is that?

mun·dane
[muhn-deyn, muhn-deyn]
adjective
1. of or pertaining to this world or earth as contrasted with heaven; worldly; earthly: mundane affairs.
2. common; ordinary; banal; unimaginative.
3. of or pertaining to the world, universe, or earth.
"Si Placet Necamus"
http://www.52Zulu.com
Tonk
Executive Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion