What will it take for you to attend games at Toxic?

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

What will it take for you to attend games at Toxic?

Postby Tonk on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:16 pm

Now lets not start a bash thread here, lets keep it positive and constructive. Keep the negative BS to yourself.

What would you like to see from Toxic to earn your hard earned dollars?
Don't say lower the prices, it is a business after all.

I will start ....

- Enforce basic safety rules, maybe put a admin in the staging area and parking lot.

- Run true MilSim games that take multiple hours not minutes with in-depth objectives.

- Add a walk in store for parts and whatnot .....
"Si Placet Necamus"
http://www.52Zulu.com
Tonk
Executive Advisor

Re: What will it take for you to attend games at Toxic?

Postby mahabra695 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:46 pm

-Rules more strictly enforced
-Milsim style games
mahabra695
Sergeant

Postby clayton on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:53 pm

-use the ENTIRE AREA not just "vietnam" or "modern warfare"
-objective based games that envolve time, structure, ability to go AROUND
clayton
1st Lieutenant

Postby KileyHAZ on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:07 pm

I echo yours Tonk. I might also like to see designated days that have an older crowd (not every day though). Maybe 16+ or 14+? Heck even an 18+.

My biggest hang up is the saftey and honor issues.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby quadro on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:16 pm

-Safety: admins that have experience and are constantly roving and talking over radios to a main organizer
-Fields: Need fields where real tactics must be used to coordinate as a team(very big ao with many types over cover varying from brush to ditches to buildings.
-Shop: somewhere I can get parts for downed guns or something new.
-Milsim: Have a reputable group from TAC run a milsim game our way on their venue and teach them how we play and organize our large games. Then they can incorporate that knowledge into there games on the weekends.

KileyHAZ wrote:I echo yours Tonk. I might also like to see designated days that have an older crowd (not every day though). Maybe 16+ or 14+? Heck even an 18+.

My biggest hang up is the saftey and honor issues.

+1 on a a day or time period like early morning to lunch for the older players.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Postby ben on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:57 pm

18+
midcaps only, 10 round burst max on full auto
refs to enforce rules and cheating
make people actually crono
an actual urban course not just wooden structures with tarps and junk the course they have now is not an will never be a true milsim course so even if we use the rules above and playing with tac players only it will still never be true milsim on this course so i would like to see buildings, multi-story preferably, but with multi-rooms, doors, stairways, ladders, i know this is a bit much and a lot of money, but i will not pay to play at a course that does not have these things on a regular basis.
ben
TAC Vice President

Postby Crono0001 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:01 pm

18+
better admins
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby Mclovin on Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:44 am

ben wrote:18+
midcaps only, 10 round burst max on full auto
refs to enforce rules and cheating
make people actually crono
an actual urban course not just wooden structures with tarps and junk the course they have now is not an will never be a true milsim course so even if we use the rules above and playing with tac players only it will still never be true milsim on this course so i would like to see buildings, multi-story preferably, but with multi-rooms, doors, stairways, ladders, i know this is a bit much and a lot of money, but i will not pay to play at a course that does not have these things on a regular basis.

well i would think that they would first need better service before they toss in that on the field.
But i would like to see some admins out to enforce the rules and maybe have some TAC guys, every once in a while, watch it to help them with certain things that they might need to fix to make the place better.
Mclovin
Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:30 am

everything above is +1 for me.
I believe that AGE should go on a case to case basis, I have seen some 20 year olds who act 12! But in this case,
For TAC Sponsored events held at ANY Commercial Pay-t-Play AO:

Amature level-For non teamed/or Vetted players 18-This covers an individual coming to take part in a TAC level event,or on a NON TAC recognized Team

Pro/Open Level-For players who are on a TAC affiliated Team, 16-This any player who is a member of one of the TAC recognized teams.They have proven that they have met or exceeded TACs standards of play.

BASIC TRAINING Level- age 12<17 host a game using the same rules for those UNDER 18, and get them conditioned to play this sport propperly and safely. Each 7-10 team in this class would have One TAC level Team leader as an (ADVISOR).This advisor is bullet proof, but is able to engage targets as part of the learning/instruction phase ;)
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby The Honey Badger on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:47 am

I don't play Fieldsoft...

If TA would simply adhere to "National Milsim Airsoft" rules, strictly, I may consider it, still doubtfully. FPS limits, mid caps and such.

That is a pipe dream simply because it is not good business sense. TA needs to make money. If I ran it I would be the same way, no doubt. There are plenty of youngsters out there to pack on to the field. People like me will never play on their field, or anyone's. We just have the tolerance level needed to deal with the rules or lack there of.

However, retail sales would defiantly peek my interests.

As far as the OT event, Old Tucson is raping TA. The Milsoft community is not too keen on shelling out near a c note on a 6 hour game. Member teams of this organization have on many occasions put on large scale (100-150 person) events in the past. At real cost. Combat Challenge is not too expensive $50-75 and OLCMSS is not far and $150 for three days.

Things for the Milsofter to consider is that there is an OLCMSS event in Barstow in October and one in Flagstaff in a couple months, both around $150 for 3 days. Combat Challenge event in Florence in November, $50ish for 1 day MOUT. 52Zulu Battlefield event also in November, and talks of STALKER 2 and The Hills Have Eyes events coming up, which are Member Team put on free events of up to around 100 of us.

In all honesty I do not know why we continue to talk about TA or DP. If you want to play there, go, play, have fun. I and those like me wish you all the luck and happy hunting. The fields are not for many of us. Its not what we do and it does not matter. I am sorry that they cannot capture this community. If I were a business owner I would certainly want a slice of this pie though.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Next

Return to General Discussion