What will it take for you to attend games at Toxic?

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

Re: What will it take for you to attend games at Toxic?

Postby IconarmsDealer on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:52 am

Most here Me included do NOT play Fieldsoft, Paintsoft.
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Julian on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:10 pm

1.) Enforcement of rules. There are definitely many kids (which I have nothing wrong with) but they don't like to take hits, dry fire, etc. I have also seen some people (kids lol) using their nifty radios to tell teammates enemy positions even after they are out. Pretty lame.
2.) Price. I know you are saying they're a business but I don't see how that doesn't exempt them from this suggestion. Even if it was just $10 vs. $15 it would be a huge improvement and would put them ahead of DP.

I dunno though. I really, really dont like paying for airsoft games. haha. Went once and it was fun enough but any more than that just seems like kinda a waste because the novelty has worn off..
Julian
Private 1st Class

Postby SinfulPain on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:27 am

Enforcement of rules (few people follow the rules). ESPECIALLY the blindfire, and friendly fire!

Chrono requirements for EVERYONE PLAYING, including the guys that run the field (I know there's several people that were shooting 500+, or at least were claiming that).

Truly random team picking (half the time, the teams are stacked). Coin toss would be simplest.

I currently run my WE PDW maxed out (around 500 equiv with .20's), but I engage only the further targets (half field or further. Closer get dealt with by teammates, or my M9), and shoot semi-only (especially since auto is broken), since I don't have many low weight BB's left (probably about 1k).

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby The Honey Badger on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:08 pm

SinfulPain wrote:I currently run my WE PDW maxed out (around 500 equiv with .20's), but I engage only the further targets (half field or further. Closer get dealt with by teammates, or my M9), and shoot semi-only (especially since auto is broken), since I don't have many low weight BB's left (probably about 1k).

~Brian

OK. Mechanically disabled (broken) full auto, check. Over 420 but less than 550 with .20's, check. Only engaging targets over 25 yards away, check. Using sidearm at close range targets, check. Sounds legal to me... But, that SMG barrel must get on your nerves.

In the closing days of WWII, the soldiers in the 101st took a brand new gun, the M2 carbine, (which is simply an M1 carbine with full auto capability) scoped it and created the first real DMR. It had limited range but pin point accuracy. Food for thought.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Striker on Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:26 pm

Rules enforcement. Everybody chrono. Dedicated, impartial game admins. And possibly a private event held there for us.
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby SinfulPain on Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:10 pm

TJC10 wrote:
SinfulPain wrote:I currently run my WE PDW maxed out (around 500 equiv with .20's), but I engage only the further targets (half field or further. Closer get dealt with by teammates, or my M9), and shoot semi-only (especially since auto is broken), since I don't have many low weight BB's left (probably about 1k).

~Brian

OK. Mechanically disabled (broken) full auto, check. Over 420 but less than 550 with .20's, check. Only engaging targets over 25 yards away, check. Using sidearm at close range targets, check. Sounds legal to me... But, that SMG barrel must get on your nerves.

In the closing days of WWII, the soldiers in the 101st took a brand new gun, the M2 carbine, (which is simply an M1 carbine with full auto capability) scoped it and created the first real DMR. It had limited range but pin point accuracy. Food for thought.

Acutally, I get 200' torso shots with the PDW at max power (that's a 9" barrel getting 200' range), so the range is great. Still get 125-150' shots at field limits with .23's (but the stock PDW hop is designed for heavier rounds), so the accuracy is actually better than one would think. The short barrel is also nice because I'm able to keep a wide field of view, and change my aim quicker than with a dedicated sniper rifle.

Full auto technically isn't disabled, it's just really screwed up (pull the trigger once, it will fire on its own until the mag is out of gas, or I switch to semi/safe). Not an issue for me, since I never use auto (rarely even use it on AEG's). Been looking at figuring out how to actually permanently disable it, too, though (actually wish I could get a semi-only trigger box or lower receiver).

And since I live so close to the field (~2 miles), I wouldn't mind being a game admin there (I don't really care if I get to play every game or not, either.), especially if it helps people truly enjoy the sport.
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby THKInternational on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:21 pm

I took scotts SVD there alotta kids crying after the second game :twisted:
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Slim on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:19 am

second stalkers suggestion, and also bringing up an OLD... post discussion we had after a weapon was stolen long ago, when is our TAC raid on toxic gonna be, or should we not do it?
Slim
Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:41 am

Lima Delta wrote:second stalkers suggestion, and also bringing up an OLD... post discussion we had after a weapon was stolen long ago, when is our TAC raid on toxic gonna be, or should we not do it?

My opinon only-If Toxic is really interested in getting TAC and its affiliated players to attend then they need to make it worth while for us to drive to the other side of town, to what by most accopunts is just another DP type Fieldsoft venue full of young players, who have questionable character as far as Calling hits and stealing equipment.TAC Players have come to depend on a very High standard of player, and fluid mil-sim scenarios. I Personaly would take advantage of an invitation with a large discount for fees.TAC brings a lot to the table.
Or we just show up in mass and Kick A-- and take names :twisted:

They did a good Job at Op WF, Had they approached TAC before setting that up..WOW!
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby ultimentra on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:07 pm

I personally am not gonna go back until they finish their new field. They don't have any nets on their property what so ever anymore. Which means people in the safety area, and their cars, can be shot very easily by people playing on the nearby field. No where is safe in this place, so I had to keep my goggles on the entire time even in the "safe" area.

They need to realize the kind of image they are putting forth by half-assing everything.
ultimentra
TAC XO

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion