Operation Western Front feedback

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Operation Western Front feedback

Postby IconarmsDealer on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:53 pm

TJC10 wrote:None of us need to tell them what the mistakes were, they know, and will correct accordingly.

My only worry is weather they took a bath or not. Regardless of my opinions and those like me, I hope TA didn't get raped by OT because it cost TA more to put it on then they collected. Even though I have no desire to play on TA's field (or DP's for that matter) I do not wish them ill in anyway, and I hope they prosper and learn from mistakes.

All my suggestions were done Via A PM. I sure hope that old Tucson Did well enough to consider another event. Those folks who were there and have posted an AAR simply echo what went down. and even with all of that we (34Th) had a good time.I will admit 80.00 was steep,but it was worth it for the Venue.. Our very Own MOUT town! add some old cars, and a few Civilians milling about and......
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Russell_MaDonald on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:45 am

We, at Toxic, would like to first thank those TAC Players who participated in Operation Western Front. All of us at Toxic feel this event was a success, was it perfect, no. Were we understaffed, no, not for the crowd we had attend(how much direction does an experienced airsofter need?). As for players following the "rules of engagement", there were no problems. Did we learn alot for the next "OP" in May, of course and many changes will be made. As for Player count at this "OP", we had in attendance around 75 players. I thought this was a great turn-out for only having 30 days to promote. This was a first, to have Old Tucson as a venue, there were alot of unknowns but you have got to get thru the first to have a great second. I would like to address some issue's;
Cost: Yes, this was a little pricey and it will be changed for May. Spawn Points: definitely these will be changed. Mission's: more precise missions with many sub-missions will be added. I know there are other concerns from players and we will address those accordingly.
As a new venue, I felt everybody had alot of fun. We at Toxic are only trying to bring new and exciting venue's for Airsofter's to play and I would like to thank everybody who commented for doing so professionally. I know mistakes were made and we will own up to them and we will also take all comments under consideration to make the proper changes for the May OP. Toxic's hosting of this event was never about making money, it was always about bringing to you a venue that had never been played before. Once again, THANKS to all of those who participated and I can promise you your comments are taking seriously.
My only plug for Toxic. We are in the process of building our third field, a 3 acre city block complete with single story and two story buildings, sniper balconies, streets with cars and street lights, buildings with multiple rooms to clear. We will be the only field with anything of this magnitude. So, hopefully you will stop by when this is completed. It will be the ultimate CQB City.
Russell_MaDonald
Recruit

Postby IconarmsDealer on Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:19 am

Russell- Im sure that everyone is looking forward to the next OTOP.We will all watch and see how your new Feild comes along.Thanks again for Hosting at such a great venue-GL
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby THKInternational on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:33 pm

okay this is it I guess
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Previous

Return to General Discussion