Where to play etc?... somewhat noob

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Where to play etc?... somewhat noob

Postby THKInternational on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:01 pm

I'm gonna have to agree with crono on this. Using nothing but spring weapons will be difficult I would suggest buying a beginners aeg before buying a spring weapon at least that way you'll have a chance.
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby hairygreek on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Thanks for the input... I wouldn't mind a full-auto AEG but I'm kinda turned off to the idea. 1. It seems to me like many are imported with only 300~ fps, and to go faster would require tearing the whole gearbox apart (which I can't do, tried before). 2. The aeg seems like a money pit if the gearbox breaks or to go more powerful, because someone else has to do it for me. 3. The hi-cap mags may not work.

I had an AGM MP-40 back in the day. It was almost all metal internals. But the only 2 parts that were plastic in the gun failed. So maybe I'm a bit paranoid now. I also had a King Arms FAL, it worked but seemed to shoot weakly and I didn't want to tear it apart to upgrade it. The hi-cap mag didn't work...

Since you all think it's better to get an AEG I'll consider it. But I have unconventional tastes (like MP-40, not AR or AK or G36) and I don't want to get a gun that breaks.
hairygreek
Recruit

Postby THKInternational on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:49 pm

well guns break and yes it can be expensive to upgrade and fix but you need to care for your gun and lubricating it well ensure a long life for your gun. If you are concerned about repairs i would reccomend a gun that uses a version 2 gearbox
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ultimentra on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:02 pm

I would say alot of time it doesn't matter what brand gun you get, but its luck. I have been running a stock AGM 416 for 2 years + now, and I see other peoples upgraded/high end guns break all the time. I would say, if your willing to invest time into your weapons, take care of them, and have inside work done by a professional, you should be okay majority of the time.

You say you have a unique taste, No M16, no AK, and no G36. There are plenty of other options-

AUG (most recommended model would be the A3 by JG)
SIG (ICS, G&G, theres a TM one up for sale for cheap cheap from quadro)
MP5 (ICS, G&G, TM, CA, and more)
Galil (ICS, KA, CYMA)
FN2000 (G&G)
Type 89 (TM)

the list goes on.

On places to play, and play style, if your looking to be a sniper with a bolt action rifle, come to TAC games. But you will need to learn patience (which is something I don't have, which is why I don't snipe), concealment techniques, and where the best spots are at each opsite, where a stray bush/branch will not knock your bb off target. PM Ben about this, hes an experienced sniper (whom I have been shot by many a time) and he will show you the ropes.

If you take a ZL mosin-nagant to Toxic or DP, you will be laughed at, and then sprayed. Taking a sniper rifle to one of these places is plastic suicide. I feel that once you have played at either place once, you will understand what I mean by this. At TAC however, our play style suits and allows for snipers to have an important role in gameplay both in and out of combat.

In modern day, especially in airsoft, a snipers primary weapon is their scope (or binocs) and their radio. They are essentially stealthy, lone recon units when taken into consideration of the grand scheme of a large event game. The sniper rifle is secondary, only to be used when absolutely necessary, again this is airsoft, a single unit cannot be held at 700m, AEGs close the gap against 1000$ + sniper rifles very quickly, even in mil-sim.

Your question about side arms-
Yes you will want one. I run assault rifles mainly and I even have one that I carry during event games, its an AEP. A sniper will want a more hard-hitting and faster firing weapon. KWA and other top brand gas pistols will do the job well, as with an AEP the bb flies slow enough for someone to dodge matrix style at max range! :)
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby hairygreek on Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:07 pm

Thanks for the info. Seems a sniper is not for me then.

I'm thinking of a Hexagon PPSh-41, that's my idea of unique...
hairygreek
Recruit

Postby yellow_fever on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Just missed one...
When in doubt, call it out.
Savage wrote:Good to know snow camo isn't desert issue anymore.
yellow_fever
Sergeant

Postby hairygreek on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:16 pm

yellow_fever wrote:Just missed one...

Oh man I sure missed out!

How did the PPSh treat you?
hairygreek
Recruit

Postby yellow_fever on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:38 pm

Reasonably well. Best externals of anything I've ever had my hands on, but pretty much just a CYMA v7 gearbox so nothing amazing internally. With a lack of aftermarket mags or support from HP though, you might look at ARES/S&T just because of better playability.
yellow_fever
Sergeant

Postby hairygreek on Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:19 pm

yellow_fever wrote:Reasonably well. Best externals of anything I've ever had my hands on, but pretty much just a CYMA v7 gearbox so nothing amazing internally. With a lack of aftermarket mags or support from HP though, you might look at ARES/S&T just because of better playability.

I looked and I think the Ares and S&T only have hi-cap mags. That's nice but if there is a mid-cap restriction or something then I won't be able to play. And I don't think the mags between the Hexagon and Ares/S&T are interchangeable.
hairygreek
Recruit

Postby yellow_fever on Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:27 pm

No, they aren't compatible, but ARES is still in the process of adding mags to the product line. They've got the stick mags, next step is mids. HP just has rumors of a midcap, and that silly drum midcap. Literally an M4 mid inside a PPSh drum, but for some reason no more normal drums.

Just saying. Either way. Commenting on the gun itself, I had no real issues with it, except the buttplate needing to be removed to get a battery in was a pain in the ass.
yellow_fever
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion