Where to play etc?... somewhat noob

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

Where to play etc?... somewhat noob

Postby hairygreek on Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:48 pm

Hello all. I'm somewhat familiar with airsofting. In high school, years ago, me and my friends would infrequently shoot around our neighborhood. I ended up getting a couple sweet AEG's with the hopes we would play more often, but to my chagrin we never did. Poor guns never saw battle, and I sold them. (BTW, I never want to mess around with AEG's or gas guns again. No matter how cool, I'll stay spring.)

Now I'm in college and have an itch to fulfill what I didn't so long ago. However, I don't want to make another pricey investment in a gun I'll never use. If I want more guns to never shoot, I can get real ones, I have a wishlist.

So... a few questions.
(1. where do you all know places that have games frequently, for nominal fees, with a good amount of people? I don't mind if its at an established commercial field or joining your group of friends. I just want consistent battle.
(2. how fast are the bb's allowed to shoot? I would want to get a Ares/Zeta-Lab Mosin-Nagant (I have 2 real ones, and always wanted a WWII airsoft rifle), put in a more powerful spring, and run .43's or similar heavy. I dunno how fast the bb's would go with more power but heavier rounds, nor how fast anybody likes to play with.

I have all the tactical gear beyond gun and bb's. I just need enough playing to make my $400 for a post-war refurb Mosin (hahaha) worthwhile. Thanks for your input.
hairygreek
Recruit

Re: Where to play etc?... somewhat noob

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:48 am

welcome back, I recognize the username, you may or may not be the same hairygreek from 4 or 5 years back...

Anyhow... You can find all the fps (feet per second) info on the various field and gun types, as well as general participation rules here:

http://tucsonairsoftcoalition.com/news/ ... &Itemid=31

Those are what they are for the TAC organization but they are pretty close to what most local groups, fields, and national events use so if you get them down you only have to be aware of small adjutsments.

As far as places to play. You can check the events section of this forum for TAC games (either hosted by the TAC organization, a participant or member of the organization, or an affiliated team). There are two commercial field options in the Tucson area that are open various days and nights of the week. They are Disruptive Paintball and Toxic Airsoft.

TAC events will be more of a Milsim experience, slower games that have a focus on coordinated force on force movements with more elements of field craft. TA and DP events are faster and offer a more adrenaline play style.

TAC events are free 99% of the time. I think both TA and DP run field fees in the area of $15.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Crono0001 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:02 am

We also generally frown on playing in the streets or in public areas.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby hairygreek on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Thanks a lot for the condensed info.

Another question... if I ran a sniper-style weapon, would it be adviseable to have a sidearm? And do you know any good ones that won't make me broke? Is a spring pistol good enough?...
hairygreek
Recruit

Postby THKInternational on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Well depends on the spring pistol and yes a sidearm is advised. I do believe McLovin has a sniper rifle you could buy off him for a good 20 bucks ask him. Also I would prefer a GAS pistol the walmart on cortaro is selling one I had for a short time, its a Gas USP .45 its decent accuarcy and it shoots hard. A good 40 dollar buy but you could be ready for a game by spending maybe a little under 80 dollars make sure you use .2 gram bb's tho. Another thought to the feild fees there are 3 and One of which is decent (In TACs Opinion) There is Diruptive paintball in marana 20 dollars to play 3 hours visit their site, there is vangaurd airsoft way up near flagstaff but very strict, and there is the better of the two is Toxic good place to play 15 dollars to play like 6 hours. But I would you prefer you play with TAC there are games just about every weekend there is one this sunday at what looks like NW see if you could get a ride or some directions from the freeway no fee at all great fun alot of Milsim and airsoft players having a good time killing each other. :lol:
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby KileyHAZ on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:43 am

If your spring gun is tuned above the field limits then any pistol will be an upgrade and the only way you can defend yourself against someone inside the minimum engagement distance (75 feet). If your sniper is under the sniper fps limits then its just as useful as a spring pistol and you can hold off on getting one. In either case you will want to consider a gas or AEP pistol for the future as they allow semi automatic fire which, when you lose the stealth and distance advantages, is nothing to sneeze at. GBB and AEP pistols run from $40 up to the high $100s depending on brand and power.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby hairygreek on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:34 pm

So if I didn't make the spring rifle a technical "sniper rifle," then what power class would it fall under? The "SAW machine gun" or "regular aeg" power class? They are close but might as well go faster if possible.
hairygreek
Recruit

Postby quadro on Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:08 pm

hairygreek wrote:So if I didn't make the spring rifle a technical "sniper rifle," then what power class would it fall under? The "SAW machine gun" or "regular aeg" power class? They are close but might as well go faster if possible.

If or does not classify as a sniper rifle and does not meet the requirements for an authentic support weapon then or is classified as an Argo and must follow all aeg guidelines. The TAC code of conduct clearly states what weapon is classified as what. I know it is long, but did you read the entire rules and code of conduct or just skim it?
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Postby hairygreek on Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:12 pm

I did read it... just the gun is not an aeg, so I was confused. I get the idea now.
hairygreek
Recruit

Postby Crono0001 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:19 pm

It just means you have a crap sniper rifle. If you fall under AEG FPS, you can shoot under 70 feet.

To be honest, if all you're using is spring weapons out on the field, you're going to have one hell of a time being effective.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Next

Return to General Discussion