Full moon night games "Black Ops"

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Full moon night games "Black Ops"

Postby IconarmsDealer on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:28 am

SPOILER ALERT;
THIS EVENT HAS NOT BEEN GIVEN A DATE. IT IS STILL IN THE LOGISTICS AND GAME FLOW /MECHANICS PHASE. BECUASE OF THE SAFETY CONCERNS OF LOW LIGHT OPERATIONS WE WANT TO COVER THESE AND BOUNDRY ISSUE
Heres some of what to expect
AO- SASCO- JUST THE RUINS, PYLONS AND HILL
Game elements to include field craft, stalking, low light movements,
Simulated night airborne insertion of one faction.
Colder weather condition...I hope!
Start 0200 play to sun up.

Use of tracers encuraged
NVG/NVD welcome

THIS WILL NOT BE A TAC EVENT,AND WILL BE BY INVITATION ONLY,
Last edited by IconarmsDealer on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Exarach on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:29 pm

Not to be a dick, but SASCO is the absolute LAST place I would want to be caught at night. Especially with a full moon.

Night ops are a good idea, lasers and tracers and lights never get used during day play!

The buildings would be sweet at night, but sasco has a few terrain features, such as those large open pits, that would make a reduced-visibility game a little crazy.

Not to mention all the possible border activity through there.
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby Striker on Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:09 pm

I would agree with Exarach on this. Especially for your first event. I would say that it would be wiser to start a little smaller. Like silverbell for the first couple times. Until people get their shit together for night time operating, then go elsewhere.

Personally I still lose my footing out at SASCO during the day.
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby War savage on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:58 pm

IconarsDealer wrote:THIS WILL NOT BE A TAC EVENT,AND WILL BE BY INVITATION ONLY,

I'M HOPING I'M INVITED TO ONE OF THESE GAMES :twisted: But in all seriousness, there is a reason that these games need to be "invite only". Especially these first few that are held. All the challenges that are faced during these low light games (safety, injuries especially) needs to be realized in order to make these games safe for the general population.

Exarach wrote:Not to mention all the possible border activity through there.

YES, that is something to think about.

As for Strikers comment on loosing footing. LOL!! I agree with ya! Although ultimately we are working towards training yourself to move in the dark and have the confidence to trust yourself in your skill and natural training. SOCOM operations are generally done at night during darkest time possible. Full moons are avoided due to the fact that the moon can light up and expose soldiers movements.
War savage
Recruit

Postby Striker on Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:13 am

I have done quite a bit of low light activity, so I am not really concerned for myself. I was making reference more fotr the general masses. The last thing we need to happen is somebody get injured because they weren't being anything buy 110% careful.
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby IconarmsDealer on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:22 am

Well I for one do not live in fear. If I did life would sure be no fun. If you read my post I said that there were thing in the works/planning phase. The ao would be limited in size. Pits marked with Glow sticks. Game boundries also marked by glow stick. Also keep in mind that its getting daylight as we play.. not getting dark.

This is intended as a by invitation only so the numbers will be small (30 max)and players with lots of trigger time. Small units in a scaled down AO Basicly the ruins and surround desert. Lots of sneaking and creeping! Im pretty sure that you guys can sneak around with out sneaking into a hole in ground...right?
As for Border crossers...Really? Have you noticed that someone out there is having parties, and big fires My bet is any Border crossers stay clear of this area for that reason...Im pretty sure with reasonable care we will be fine.

I re-read that last one and I had to add this- No one is wanting to get hurt, I dont want to see someone spinning an ankle or falling in to mine shaft, But c'mon lets give people some credit. you are for the most part grown men. This kind of stuff can be dangerous even in day light, turn the lights down and the risk of injury goes up a little bit,,So what! If someone is so worried about getting hurt then dont come IF you are even invited. The Indy Driver who was killed this weekend...Do you think he was worried about getting hurt? No. He was doing what he loved, and accepted the risk.
I am 48 Years old, and My 2 cents,You can watch life pass you by, or you can pass through life. Not everyone will get invited. Not be cuase we dont like you, or think you have no skills, Just the opposit.TAC has the highest caliber of players in the Arizona community,so deciding who gets invited is a hard choice.
Watch for PMs for this event once we have it all worked out..until then....AIR HARD!

"
Last edited by IconarmsDealer on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby THKInternational on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:56 am

well if a a little ankle sprain is what is keeping people from playing a night op I took a sprots medicine class i can easly wrap an ankle but I would prefer to play in a new moon its pitch black and alot of unexpected turnouts but thats just my opinion.
I do notice at Silverbell tho night games are plenty fun I have played 1- 2 times with team jew the first 5 minutes you cant see anything but the eyes quickly adjust to the low light
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Slim on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:56 am

"invitation only" meaning guys who are used to or are known as "able to partake in MIL-SIM events and situations"

experienced players, military, senior members, ex military, ect. i believe,
Slim
Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:49 am

Lima Delta wrote:"invitation only" meaning guys who are used to or are known as "able to partake in MIL-SIM events and situations"

experienced players, military, senior members, ex military, ect. i believe,

That slim is Right on the money!
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby THKInternational on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:58 am

:oops: darn
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion