A question on uniforms/BDU's, etc.

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

A question on uniforms/BDU's, etc.

Postby hairygreek on Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:35 pm

For a general TAC event, are there requirements for specific BDUs and gear? I know there must be a red "kill" rag.

I saw on one of the non-TAC events that team-members had to have a certain type of BDU, like woodland, Marpat, Multicam, etc. (all of which I did not have). I imagine the most common BDUs are woodland and ACU.

I have regular ACUs with a mix of East-Bloc gear. Would this work in general? And if my franken-uniform works, then how are different teams differentiated?

Finally... usually how many people are there at TAC events?

Thanks for your input.
hairygreek
Recruit

Re: A question on uniforms/BDU's, etc.

Postby ben on Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:51 pm

If you want to come out in blue jeans and a white t-shirt go for it no restrictions on uniforms, unless there are uniform requirements, TAC pick-up games usually have ten to twenty players and larger TAC events have 50 to 100+
ben
TAC Vice President

Postby IconarmsDealer on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:03 pm

For the most part it is personal preference, or availability. TAC has no uniform code out side of minimum safety gear.
TAC events are most likely devided in two ways,
(1) Uniform colors: TAN- marpat, and other ACU, other tan uniforms, and Green- Wood land, Russian Camo, Germ Fleck, and so on.

(2)Colored ARM BAND- Blue, Green and so on. These are worn on the players arm.

If you look at the TEAMS Section each team has a specified Primary Loadout. Most are NATO/STANAG, ACU, MARPAT Brit DPM,Muli-cam as a Base uniform, And Minimum Kit items such as LBV/LBE,patches and so on. Some Teams have more than one Loadout,
The secondary Loadout is Often Refered to as an Impression, And is an Impression of a REAL military unit or Army.These Are usualy of Warsaw pact or estern block armies. Teams who Do these impression spend a lot of time , money in finding original items for these authentic load outs. localy the Most common being Russian Spetsnaz, or VDV/MVD troops, British, and Modern German load outs. Around the country some do WW2 German and American impressions that are spot on, asa well as Vietnam era loadouts.

Use what you have, Head down to millers surplus and poke around, most of all come to some games, talk to established players and TAC recognized Team Leaders/members and see where you fit. You can play ina T-shirt and jeans every few months or you can pick a loadout , play every weekend and go all out...The best part is its Fun, and you get to hangout with some cool people- AIR HARD!-Icon
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby The Honey Badger on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:37 am

^ both good... TAC does not have requirements with regards to clothing. I think a death rag and eye protection is the only real required equipment.

If you want to join a a TAC team then you have to collect the team's impressions. Team requirements vary wildly and I posted the DHawk's to give an example.

Desert Hawks Uniform and Gear Requirements

This section details the standard Desert Hawks gear load out. Much of this gear is required for team members in order to maintain a uniform fighting unit and take our presence to the next level.

Primary Uniform and Gear Requirements (Required)
ANSI rated eyewear
Red Death Rag
Hydration system (Camelbak type preferred)
Wrist Watch

Desert DPM Uniform Top (Standard shirt or Combat Shirt type)
Desert DPM Uniform Bottom
Boots (Tan preferred)
Load Bearing Equipment (vest, harness, or plate carrier)

FRS/GMRS Capable Radio with head set or ear peice

Primary Weapon (AEG or GBB Rifle or Carbine)
Magazines (4+ non winding variety)
Grenade (1 or more foam replicas or live action)

Suggested Items (Optional)
Kamysh or other modern Russian pattern Top
Kamysh or other modern Russian pattern Bottom
US Woodland pattern Top (Standard shirt or Combat shirt type}
US Woodland pattern Bottom
Boots (Black)
Saftey Whistle
Compass
Personal First Aid Kit
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Return to General Discussion