NW op site concern

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

NW op site concern

Postby THKInternational on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:17 am

soo i just got back from a hike this morning (*rz~) and well on the way to my car i noticed this

does anyone else know about this or have any Information on this???
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Re: NW op site concern

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:13 am

First I have heard of it. Curious it isn't signed by any organization...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby ultimentra on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:09 pm

If its not the police or the feds, or any kind of corporate entity, we can ignore it legally. If the police did put it up there, then it would say "Marana PD" on it somewhere.

NWop did in fact used to have a homeless person living at the island tree, until he discovered that the area was flood control land and that the washes flooded to more than 8 ft high in some areas. I remember one saturday the guy basically came up to a group of us and told me his life story. He decided he was gonna move on because some of his stuff went missing, and every time the area flooded he had to climb up into the big tree. We have however had games out there while he was there. He just minded his own business, and we steered clear of him.

Honestly, if you were hiking around NWop and didn't see any homeless people, then were probably in the clear. If this coming saturday we go down to the opsite and find that there are in fact multiple homeless people living there as the notice states, we can decide what to do from there.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:05 pm

ultimentra wrote:If its not the police or the feds, or any kind of corporate entity, we can ignore it legally. If the police did put it up there, then it would say "Marana PD" on it somewhere.

NWop did in fact used to have a homeless person living at the island tree, until he discovered that the area was flood control land and that the washes flooded to more than 8 ft high in some areas. I remember one saturday the guy basically came up to a group of us and told me his life story. He decided he was gonna move on because some of his stuff went missing, and every time the area flooded he had to climb up into the big tree. We have however had games out there while he was there. He just minded his own business, and we steered clear of him.

Honestly, if you were hiking around NWop and didn't see any homeless people, then were probably in the clear. If this coming saturday we go down to the opsite and find that there are in fact multiple homeless people living there as the notice states, we can decide what to do from there.

^This. Worst case scenario we pack up and move to SB after the meeting.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby THKInternational on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:59 pm

soooo do we ignore it or do we obey it this could be from a good samaritan just giving us a heads up ( do paintballers play at NW?)
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Exarach on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:07 pm

When I saw this post this morning, I thought the same thing, it doesn't seem legit. I think its probably from one of those overactive hikers or soccer mom joggers we see every once and a while who dislike's seeing us out there.

I remember the homeless guy, he was ok, but he wasn't there the last time I was.

I would say take it as a caution and continue to do what we do. If someone with authority shows up, discontinue whatever we are doing and move on.
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby THKInternational on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:32 pm

well better safe than sorry if we do play at NW it would hurt to have someone with protection if the game is at NW ill be carring my Knife. I would tho suggest playing at Silverbell after the meeting. Its better to have no confrontation even if its peaceful eith homeless because now there is a posibility that the homeless aren't friendly.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ultimentra on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Theres also the possibility that this is bull and there are no homeless there anymore.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby THKInternational on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:48 pm

that is very true but this is a difficult situation. should we call Marana PD to confirm the statement???
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby The Honey Badger on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:41 pm

THKInternational wrote:that is very true but this is a difficult situation. should we call Marana PD to confirm the statement???

No, and if you do call Marana PD (NW is in Pima county not Marana) I will personally take a belt to your hide. There have been no homeless in NW since the guy from the Sunday group stole that homeless guy's mo ped over a year ago. The sign is clearly a ploy of the before mentioned hiker/joggers to try to scare us off because they don't feel safe with us around. While I do not have a problem playing at SB or finding another place, Pima County will come when called and ask us to leave if we infringe on the rights of others.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Next

Return to General Discussion