Forum Rules Update Draft posted

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

Forum Rules Update Draft posted

Postby KileyHAZ on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:58 am

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3393

Although we are starting to enforce these effective immediately we appreciate feedback. All feedback can be posted to this thread for consideration.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Re: Forum Rules Update Draft posted

Postby Exarach on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:50 am

Just a quick one.
Required post counts in order to sell.

AA tried this, ASF tried this.

All it does is create a flood of spam posts. MASSIVE quantities of spam. AA had a 10 post pre-count before you could sell. It became routine for users to see 10 resurrected posts from years ago with little more added to it than, "Wats teh FPS" or "Try Craigslist" <--Honest to god real one there :)

We really don't have a scamming problem, or an ad spam issue, I would strongly advise against making a minimum post to sell regulation.

Perhaps a positive/negative/neutral feedback count under a users account? People could go look to see if the user had good/bad transac experiance before buying.
Or we could all just remain the friendly forum we are, and trust each other.

My Image
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby KileyHAZ on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:40 pm

great suggestion/feedback. To be honest I dont think anyone was really 'for' that stipulation, it was a simple copy and paste artifact we wanted input on before we pruned it. I, like you, think we have a pretty solid classifieds section here and dont really need the extra overhead.
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby ultimentra on Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:21 pm

Same, our classifieds don't get enough traffic to require this in my opinion.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby THKInternational on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:10 pm

in regard to the How to remove orange paint.... I have spoken to some officers on the issue of the replicas is a neighbor of mine he said " It is okay to remove it but if it is being trasported for trade or out of state it must have an orange tip on it.Another said it is completly illegal to remve it even if to switch to a diffent one. I personaly believe that if it was illigal to remove an orange tip then the guns flashhiders would be glued on instead of threaded and VFC would include a black flashhider when you buy the gun and evike or any other retailer would sell flashhiders and mock silencers when they are black. If the state considers tis an issue then why not make the whole barrel orange. Not to rant I just think its common sence if its an issue, then someone will do something to fix it.
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Exarach on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:03 pm

THKInternational wrote:in regard to the How to remove orange paint.... I have spoken to some officers on the issue of the replicas is a neighbor of mine he said " It is okay to remove it but if it is being trasported for trade or out of state it must have an orange tip on it.Another said it is completly illegal to remve it even if to switch to a diffent one. I personaly believe that if it was illigal to remove an orange tip then the guns flashhiders would be glued on instead of threaded and VFC would include a black flashhider when you buy the gun and evike or any other retailer would sell flashhiders and mock silencers when they are black. If the state considers tis an issue then why not make the whole barrel orange. Not to rant I just think its common sence if its an issue, then someone will do something to fix it.

Judging by THK's post, I think he is actually in protest of proposed rule #5
"Use good English to post and 'Spell-Check' if necessary"

If you are smart enough to remove a bit of plastic, its already gone.
If you need to post about it on an airsoft forum.......

Either way, this is a wacky one, because I can see the point, but I think it is just a needless bit of legislation, because I don't ever recall seeing a thread like this pop up.

Put it in, and if it will have no effect on you or almost anyone else, don't worry about it.
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby The Honey Badger on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:44 pm

Illegal / Banned Subjects
You cannot discuss anything that will help someone break the law. This includes the following...
How to remove the Orange Paint from the muzzle of US replicas (This is optional to me)
How to evade paying tax on imported goods
How to get restricted items past customs
How to get restricted items if you are underage
This is not an exhaustive list, so be sensible and make sure that we all stay on the right side of the law.

More can be added if you want. These are just examples.

Regardless of how we, you, or I feel about legal/illegal issues, WE, YOU, and I, should not talk about them in this public forum, full of public record, filled with litigation possibilities. The reason is to not make our organization culpable along with the poster, which could end the life of this organization. I don't care if I was told this by this guy or that guy said that. There is a reason for not talking about it. 8-)
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Exarach on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:12 pm

Rule 1 of airsoft club.... Don't talk about airsoft club.
"Friendly fire isn't"

Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby The Honey Badger on Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:35 am

:lol:
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby KileyHAZ on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:11 am

Oy vey! Its a copy and paste error from Arnies guys. Its illegal to remove it at all in the UK. We will fix that specific example.
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Next

Return to General Discussion