Grenades and airsoft A few thoughts to consider!

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Grenades and airsoft A few thoughts to consider!

Postby ultimentra on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:20 pm

I am gonna be really honest here Exarach, what your post sounded like to me was "it should be my way or the highway" and that really pisses me off. What do you mean nobody can use the cost excuse anymore? Thats a perfectly reasonable excuse, if someone doesn't want to flush 2 bucks down the toilet for a loud bang, and hopefully get someone out if they call it, thats perfectly reasonable to me. Those dollars for each grenade, will add up much faster than the 1 time cost of a foam nade, or even the cost of bbs. TAC should INCLUSIVE, not EXCLUSIVE.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby THKInternational on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:50 pm

Exarach wrote: My current setup, twin thunder b's, have indeed required a little bit of tinkering and upkeep, but they have provided hours and hours of untold fun, and honestly, just having them on me, gives me such a great feel over a foam replica. It feels real, it looks real, it SOUNDS real, just carrying that around greatly increases my mil-sim experiances. So far they have cost me less than my old foam rocket setup.

yes McLovin about almost $@# his pants when you amost assassintaed him by planting a thunder B on him. :| It is not fun to have something explode on you. I can personaly testify to this :twisted:
The point is some people don't need to use the as practical jokes.
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Exarach on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:01 pm

ultimentra wrote:I am gonna be really honest here Exarach, what your post sounded like to me was "it should be my way or the highway" and that really pisses me off. What do you mean nobody can use the cost excuse anymore? Thats a perfectly reasonable excuse, if someone doesn't want to flush 2 bucks down the toilet for a loud bang, and hopefully get someone out if they call it, thats perfectly reasonable to me. Those dollars for each grenade, will add up much faster than the 1 time cost of a foam nade, or even the cost of bbs. TAC should INCLUSIVE, not EXCLUSIVE.

Yes uti, these are called "Opinions"

MOD EDIT: Opinions are fine to express. No more 4chan crap though. Refer to:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3393
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby The Honey Badger on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:24 pm

good job fellas... opinions could be given without snipes
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:31 pm

Opinions are fine. Exarch has a valid one, these are the same reasons CC and LC use the live action rules and is worth considering. Its healthy to consider all angles of the discussion just do it in a more objective manner and we can come out with a better understanding then what we have now.

Just because its what he advocates does not means its what we use or enforce.

Until the board gets involved it remains what is printed in the rules on the front page.

Keep it civil, keep it objective, or keep it to PM. If I get another call at home to moderate a disagreement on this thread I'll start handing out suspensions to all parties.

EDIT: Also keep in mind I'm the nice MOD of the group!
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby IconarmsDealer on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:42 pm

Well there went this topic to H3ll In a hand cart!
If a Player trains with a device "Foam or active",as if it were a Live Fragmentation Grenade, Then he will deploy in the same manner.We use Foam,and treat each one like the real thing- It is CALLED MILITARY SIMULATION!

The same player will also react to a like device "Foam or Active, when it is employed against him in a game- -A MILITARY SIMULATION Played By an Honest and skilled Player.

If you are an Honest player and call it then what its made of, or what is does shouldnt matter.

If you want to spend $35.00<$100 Bucks ona a grenade Great I will give you your moneys worth and call my Hit when you deploy it against me-
Just do the same for my $4.00 Foam greande...Thats all Im asking!

Sorry Fellow TAC members didnt intend for a Wizzing contest !
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby The Honey Badger on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:45 pm

:lol:

I have used both but own no live action/sound grenades.

When I was just a kid, younger than many of the TAC regulars I parachuted into Panama. Among the 200+ pounds of equipment carried by me and the other soldiers were my M16A1, beautifully crafted by the General Motors company, two years prior to my birth, 210 rounds in 30 round mags, 400 rounds of 5.56mm in stripper clips, 400 rounds of 7.62mm in belts, a 1911A1 .45 ACP with 21 rounds, 1x 20 pound satchel charge, and 8 x M67 fragmentation grenades. Of the grenades, I carried 4 on my LBE, and hand 4 more, still in their cardboard containers, 2 each in the outside pockets of my large rucksack.

Its was said that it is not realistic to pick up a foam grenade and toss it again later.

So if you throw a foam grenade and pick it up and reuse it 2 minutes later, I don't care. If you reload a spent sound grenade and reuse it as soon as its ready, good for you.

A trained and prepared US soldier or marine can expend his ordinance upon a target in just a few seconds, take a minute digging in his gear and the toss several more spuds at it.

It is not realistic to pick it up and toss it immediately after however.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby IconarmsDealer on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:09 pm

TJC10 wrote::lol:

I have used both but own no live action/sound grenades.

When I was just a kid, younger than many of the TAC regulars I parachuted into Panama. Among the 200+ pounds of equipment carried by me and the other soldiers were my M16A1, beautifully crafted by the General Motors company, two years prior to my birth, 210 rounds in 30 round mags, 400 rounds of 5.56mm in stripper clips, 400 rounds of 7.62mm in belts, a 1911A1 .45 ACP with 21 rounds, 1x 20 pound satchel charge, and 8 x M67 fragmentation grenades. Of the grenades, I carried 4 on my LBE, and hand 4 more, still in their cardboard containers, 2 each in the outside pockets of my large rucksack.

Its was said that it is not realistic to pick up a foam grenade and toss it again later.

So if you throw a foam grenade and pick it up and reuse it 2 minutes later, I don't care. If you reload a spent sound grenade and reuse it as soon as its ready, good for you.

A trained and prepared US soldier or marine can expend his ordinance upon a target in just a few seconds, take a minute digging in his gear and the toss several more spuds at it.

It is not realistic to pick it up and toss it immediately after however.

100% AGREE.We often never get them back until games end, or after a long respawn. never reuse we play'em like they are real, same as we all should handle the old AEG Toy Gun
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Exarach on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:38 pm

On a related note, Thunder B's are now only 19.99 from airsplat (I know is not the greatest retailer)
Combined with black friday coupons, you are looking at a 17.00-20.00 shipped to your door set.
Its the 3pc starter core.
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby The Honey Badger on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:03 pm

dats a good deal
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion