Grenades and airsoft A few thoughts to consider!

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Grenades and airsoft A few thoughts to consider!

Postby THKInternational on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:45 pm

IconarmsDealer wrote:The Kill range of a real Grenade is about 15 meters or 48 feet. and in air soft is reduced to 3 meters 9.75 feet.
I beleive that if a Game is being hosted under the MILITARY SIMULATION heading that Grenade kills should be more strictly enforced.And the kill range increased for more realistic play.
Expand the Kill range of hand thrown Grenades to 18 feet in the open. M203 12 feet,and In CQB any greande tossed/or fired into a room kills everyone regardless of room size. M203 hit to any Vehicle is a kill (crew considered alive)
Only a Solid obstical is protection-If you can see through it thats concealment, Not cover!

Game staff should be on the lookout for these situations---Icon

To re-Rail the threads I just want to post an Opinion to make it a note Why have the range of a grenade be 18 feet instead of 20 because some people could just double the old range. and M203s im okay with that. in CQB the only area that I can see CQB is at SASCO and that is the bunker but that consists of several rooms we should take a can of paint and label it like R1 R2 R3 ect for each room there could be. Vehicles I donno of any field that we allow vehicles in game play. Now I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything I serious about the questions its just I like specifics. Now If anyone wants to go to sasco take some masonry srewss and some plywook to make doors be my guest hell ill even help you. Or if you wanna go to Silverbell or NW make a rickety old house I dont care or even if we make troop trasport rules or LAV rules so what I think these rule should be incorporated who knows maybe a generous TAC player might win the lottery.
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby The Honey Badger on Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:29 am

THKInternational wrote:Now If anyone wants to go to sasco take some masonry srewss and some plywook
:lol:

plywook :lol:

AO's have been improved and left in the past only to return to the improvements destroyed or removed. I imagine that any plywood left at SASCO would be shot up or pilfered before the next time we went out there.

The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby KileyHAZ on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:16 am

TJC10 wrote:
THKInternational wrote:Now If anyone wants to go to sasco take some masonry srewss and some plywook

AO's have been improved and left in the past only to return to the improvements destroyed or removed. I imagine that any plywood left at SASCO would be shot up or pilfered before the next time we went out there.

Lets not deface the certified historic site ummmk? Its bad enough 1/2 the players leave their trash and that people go out there and shoot the buildings up and tag them with spray paint. Let's not add to it.

On topic. Seems to me the questions so far are:

Live action or not?
Is sound only considered live action?
grenade kill radius of 10, 15, 20, 20+ feet?
rocket kill radius of 10. 15, 20, 20+ feet?
Any specific caveat to how many a player can carry?
Any specific caveat to how long a player needs to wait before reusing a grenade that has previously been used?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Exarach on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:12 am

KileyHAZ wrote:On topic. Seems to me the questions so far are:

Live action or not?
Is sound only considered live action?
Any specific caveat to how many a player can carry?
Any specific caveat to how long a player needs to wait before reusing a grenade that has previously been used?

Yes
Yep, anything denoting a successful throw and detonation
10 for grenade,
15 for a rocket **(Want 20, but its just obnoxious for an opponent to measure, and most wont bother)
2 grenades max
1 Respawn, unless you have given over the space and weight to carry extra reloads for it.

Why:
*(Anyone trying to reload a Thunder B/Snicker/Tornado in the field will be an occupied soldier for about 2 min+, no good in a firefight. Going back to the spawn is like getting back to your field base/Lz, where you can restock on ammo and grenades. Carrying spare B shells and C02, extra snicker cores, tornado and pdi sound caps, is similar to carrying an extra grenade, and taking the time to pull it out of your pack, still down in a fight for X minutes, but at least you had the foresight to bring extra grenades.)
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:24 am

KileyHAZ wrote:
TJC10 wrote:

Lets not deface the certified historic site ummmk? Its bad enough 1/2 the players leave their trash and that people go out there and shoot the buildings up and tag them with spray paint. Let's not add to it.

On topic. Seems to me the questions so far are:

Live action or not?Both
Is sound only considered live action?- Sound and /or BB disscharge by Means of Compressed gas
Any specific caveat to how many a player can carry?- No limit
Any specific caveat to how long a player needs to wait before reusing a grenade that has previously been used?Players may recover the device after they are hit, device must be returned to respawn point by player.Player can only recover/respawn their own device. Gas powerd device must be recharged during players respawn

A 15 Foot Kill would mean a 30 foot diameter circle from point of rest. anyone standing inside this 30Ft Dia would be KIA
ALLOWED HAND GRENADE DEFINITIONS:
Any foam. plastic or Rubber replica of Real Grenade weighing Under 6 Oz
Any Compressed gas powered exploding Replica of a , Grenade or flash bang distraction device Filled weight of 6 Oz
Any electronic sound emitting device declared by Player as a "simulator
M203/RPG Rounds:
Any Commercialy avaialble projectile, weighing less than 3 Oz, To include, but not limited to Nerf Rockets Foam Replicas, or 40MM Rubber Balls
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby ultimentra on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:00 am

Agreed 100% with Icon.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby THKInternational on Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:16 pm

TJC10 wrote:

as Rick Perry would say... OOPS :lol:

and i woulfd believe the the grenades should have some sort of alert divce suck as gills 100 decibil rape alarm or whatever it is.... that could easly glue one underneath and in the hole at the bottom of the grenade.... its not for other things... McLovin ;)
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:25 pm

THKInternational wrote:
TJC10 wrote:

as Rick Perry would say... OOPS :lol:

and i woulfd believe the the grenades should have some sort of alert divce suck as gills 100 decibil rape alarm or whatever it is.... that could easly glue one underneath and in the hole at the bottom of the grenade.... its not for other things... McLovin ;)

HEY THK.......Hello!
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby THKInternational on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:39 pm

what did I do something worng? :?
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:17 am

THK...No you did not. But What McLovin does with the holes on the bottom was going to lead into another topic. Just keeping you focused on the issues... :)
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion