Airsoft News Piece Tonight on Kgun9

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Airsoft News Piece Tonight on Kgun9

Postby IconarmsDealer on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:10 am

ultimentra wrote:Same ^

Heres my question, who are the "problem airsofters"? And what kind of terror and mischief could they possibly be causing people? Or is it just the liberal media trying to make us look like terrorists and minutemen, and make sure every nosy granny and 911 happy soccer mom are making sure that kids stay inside and sit on their asses, smoke weed and play video games?

"Problem airsofters" my ass, unless someone is going around shooting random people with an airsoft gun the problem I can imagine airsofters are causing is that their getting out and getting some exercise, having fun, and people don't like it for some reason.

Sorry, had to let off some steam!

Hey Ulti.....They are there and I have had problems. a few years ago some Little Jerks shooting my son with a springer.It went down hill from there.
Aitsoft players have kept this hobby on the down low...out of the main stream.The only face of air-soft they[John and Jane Q Public] see are the Kids, in the streets playing where they should not play. Shooting at things they should not shoot at!
If we sneak around it is US who make it look like we are secretly training a malitia. I am all for getting these News crews to come to an event. A charity event at that!
We can either use the media to promote this hobby, or let it use us.
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby ultimentra on Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Just watched the video, bravo to kiley. You did/said exactly what any TAC member would want the media to show of us.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby KileyHAZ on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:29 pm

quadro wrote:Their information on the orange tips is somewhat misguided.
The orange tips are federally required for shipping, not for the end user to keep. The only time an orange tip is required is if there is state or local law stating so.

He actually links the law in the written version.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/te ... 7.1.0.33.3

@Icon, exactly! When Kevin contacted me he was actually coming at it from that angle, he had no clue that we were so organized and was really impressed. I really think that's what helped the piece be more a promotion then hindrance for us. My first words to him were that we stand with the TPD and actually police our own, if someone uses in an irresponsible manner we would be the first ones on the phone to the police.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Raptor on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:21 pm

Very nice Kiley, I'm glad that it was a good an informative article. I expected to finish it with a vibe that we, as a responsible group of enthusiasts, would be on the backburner, but it left me with a good feeling that we've promoted in a beneficial way to the public.
Desert Hawk Hopeful
Raptor
Private

Postby The Honey Badger on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:56 pm

OMG, and a link to our forum on the article page. I see this as positive feedback. Thanks to Kiley and KGUN
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Exarach on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:49 am

WIN!
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Previous

Return to General Discussion