Leaving airsoft for a while (like I've been around, anyways)

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

Leaving airsoft for a while (like I've been around, anyways)

Postby SinfulPain on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Hey guys, this is my formal admittance that I'm not going to be playing airsoft anymore for an unknown period of time. Aparrently airsoft has contributed to the worsening of my spondylolisthesis, and add to me developing sciatica.

I hope that through physical therapy, and back strengthening, I will be able to play airsoft again one day. Until then, I will most likely be selling off most of my airsoft stuff, and giving away the smaller things (I should have a thread in the WTS section in the next week or two).

I enjoyed playing with you guys, and look forward to the day I can play again.
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Re: Leaving airsoft for a while (like I've been around, anyways)

Postby IconarmsDealer on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:58 am

having a Bad back is a MoFo! I 100% know where you are coming from. DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO CUT ON YOU! I have yet to see anyone get any better after that, and most times they got worse.
Best regards
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby SinfulPain on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:55 am

That's the reason I'm trying physical therapy. The only other option, if physical therapy doesn't work, unfortunately, is surgery, considering the spondylolisthesis had gotten worse between the second and third X-rays. Epidurals will only postpone surgery, as less than 50% of patients who receive them get long term relief from it, while spinal fusion has a larger success rate.

I want what will benefit me most in the long run, and if all the workarounds don't work, I sure as hell ain't gonna want to deal with the pain the rest of my life.
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:34 am

I have had a bad back for 30+ years Haveing first injured it ina Motorcycle crash,Then Again while in the Army.Unless someone has a bad back they can not fully understand what it is all about. I can run jump and roll around on the ground playing airsoft, and be fine, and then I will do something as mundaine as picking up a pillow from the floor and end up in pain for three weeks. Hell I sneezed one time and ended up in the Hospital. A bad back hampers every aspect of life. I have avoided the knife for a long time.I dont know how old you are, but age is a factor, as is Weight, and diet.Laserspine institute is worth a look if you can not avoid the Knife.They do the surgery indoscopicly, They are able to get you up and out in as little as a day,without fusions, and or a Giant scar!
I hope you are able to recover.
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby SinfulPain on Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:59 pm

That's gotta suck, dealing with it for 30 years. I've only been dealing with the pain for 7 years now, but I have days I can't walk/stand for long, which is pretty bad for a fairly fit 21 year old (6'1, 155 #'s).

Never knew about LSI. Definitely going to look into them, and see how reputable they really are, and also talk with my doc and see if he can give me more insight about the laser surgery thing (hasn't lied to me yet). Last thing he wants to do is cut me open, hence the reason he's been having me try all these different things (tried like 3 different braces, painkillers, anti-inflammatories, etc, none of which have helped). Also hard not to trust someone who's been the Chief of neurosurgery in Tucson for 3 hospitals since '89, and has performed brain surgery on me (my body is a mess for someone my age).

~Brian
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Return to General Discussion