Airsoft store in marana?

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

Airsoft store in marana?

Postby THKInternational on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:03 am

My dad is now retired military and is looking at maybe opening up a store. Right now he is debating on skateboarding or airsoft leaning more towards airsoft. So far hes just trying to figure out what the other stores dont have that his should. Anyone have some pointers for him?
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Airsoft store in marana?

Postby ultimentra on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:21 pm

Gun variety
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby MusicMan on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Not really an item but I would love a chrono and a range set up. Otherwise a nice selection of guns and accessorys, parts that would be used- hopups, pistons, motors.
Echo1 AKM 47 // Cyma RPK 74 // Cyma Glock 18c // KWA Glock 19
MusicMan
Sergeant

Postby The Honey Badger on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:05 pm

its all about parts...

Gun wise, CYMA, DBoys, Jing Gong level guns and G&P, G&G, KWA level guns. Quality in the $100 to $400 range.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Arcane on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:21 pm

It may be worth his while to develop contacts so that he can get (though not necessarily keep in stock) pretty much anything. Reasoning: when I set out to upgrade/build, I have a list of parts in mind, but try as I might, I can never find a shop that carries everything I want. But if I had a local dealer I could bring my shopping list to and get everything all at once, I'd wait the extra week, and pay the extra dollar.
Arcane
Private

Postby Mclovin on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:43 am

i would also suggest at least some people that can install the parts or repair the guns.
Because sometimes getting someone to look at your gun is a pain and having a tech at a store is sometimes the fastest way to have your repairs and upgrades done by some one, that wont break it (Me).
Mclovin
Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:02 pm

I would welcome a store dedicated to our Hobby. I personally do not know if we have a customer base to support an Air soft only retail store.
Consider your customer base. You made mention of Skateboarders Vs Airsoft. If it is a matter of making money I would say Skateboarders would supply you with the largest customer base. Simply because There's a lot more 'skaters' than airsoft players.
Of the few places that sell Airsoft guns, both have a secondary product. DP has paintball, Hobby Town (on speedway) has RC, hobby kits and supplies. They also have a test range! :o

There is a lot to consider when your opening up a Brick and mortar business.Expect a decent investment of $10-20K.
Rent, insurance,advertisments, inventory utilities
Things I would like to see:

Good selection of New guns
Upgrade and repair parts
reasonable prices points
knowledgeable Staff
Qualified and reliable Techs
A test range would be great, as would an indoor Range for competitions.
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Exarach on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:30 pm

Go click. Then move to click and mortar.
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:28 am

even an Online store/special order only is hard to do...and make $$$ it is about volume. Theres the Single item price, and case price...Buy more , and you save thus expanding the margin of profit.

so now decide what to have in stock. The money is in the TECH/Parts/Upgrades and repairs. In my opinion.
Having been in the Real Steel business for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.The money is in the repairs/upgrade side of the house. For every NEW gun I sold. I repaired or refinished 5.
I am sure there are folks who have no clue how to go about getting the gear box out let alone crack one open! They just go buy a new gun.....
So theres the opening for taking trades, repairing them at your cost, and re selling as a pre-owned AEG
And that Equals a nice profit
Last edited by IconarmsDealer on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby THKInternational on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:57 pm

IconarmsDealer wrote:even an Online store/special order only is hard to do...and make $$$ it is about volume. Theres the Single item price, and case price...Buy more , and you save thus expanding the margin of profit.

so now decide what to have in stock. The money is in the TECH/Parts/Upgrades and repairs. In my opinion.
Having been in the Real Steel business for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.The money isin the repairs/upgrade side of the house For every NEW gun I sold. I repaired or upgraded 5.
m sure there are fpolks who have no clue how to go about getting the gear box out let alone crack one open! They just go buy a new gun.....
So theres the opening for taking trade, repairing them at your cost, and re selling as a pre-owned AEG
And that Equals a nice profit

that sounds like a goooooood Idea. thanks for the help everyone Ill see if I convice my dad to give TAC mambers a discount. :D
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Next

Return to General Discussion