I will soon airsoft... finally... in WWI/WWII kit

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

I will soon airsoft... finally... in WWI/WWII kit

Postby hairygreek on Tue May 08, 2012 10:17 pm

I posted sometime about 6 months ago that I wanted to start airsofting. But I can't recall why I didn't, probably didn't think I had enough funds.

Well now I got sick of it and bought a bunch of goodies.

I know you all recommended I get an AEG... but I still wanted a Mosin Nagant. I saw they now make a cheaper gas version for $230, so I couldn't resist. But at least I got a gas pistol too, C96. I figure if I need more than one shot I can bust out the C96 which is "supposed" to shoot around 400 fps. And since the MN has similar power I can be a real rifleman, not a sniper. I plan on putting the MN in the real stock I have (which I "ruined" the shellac off of, hey it was only a postwar refurb stock).

So basically when you see the guy who looks like he's from WWI/WWII... that's me. I ordered some Russian green BDUs that look like WWII, and a real WWI German backpack. I already have a Bulgarian garrison cap or M36 helmet, East German jackboots, ammo pouches, etc. I want to make a custom leather holster for the C96 since they seem to cost a lot. I'll try to look as WWI as possible without going broke (the repro stuff costs like $150 for a pair of pants, but then again I could be baller horizon-blue French).

So anyway... soon to see you all out there. Maybe some of you will join the dark side of WWI/WWII collecting/fighting...
hairygreek
Recruit

Re: I will soon airsoft... finally... in WWI/WWII kit

Postby MusicMan on Tue May 08, 2012 10:29 pm

any pictures, i'm interested in how it looks.
Echo1 AKM 47 // Cyma RPK 74 // Cyma Glock 18c // KWA Glock 19
MusicMan
Sergeant

Postby hairygreek on Tue May 08, 2012 10:34 pm

MusicMan wrote:any pictures, i'm interested in how it looks.
I don't have it all yet... probably by next week I will and can post pictures.
hairygreek
Recruit

Postby KileyHAZ on Wed May 09, 2012 3:24 am

Sounds interesting. See you soon.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby IconarmsDealer on Wed May 09, 2012 10:44 am

I have seen large teams of German and Allied Mil-sim players looks like fun. The 49Th has thought of WW2 American Para, but its costly to do an accurate impression.
A few issues ago TAKE AIM magazine did a reveiew of the NEW SRc Mp40, on the cover, and in the centerfold all the German Kit Seen as Props belong to Yours truely.
Left over from My Historical reanactments days.

Looking forward to seeing your Kit..By the way they used the M91/30 Even in the 1980's in AFG.
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby ultimentra on Wed May 09, 2012 1:25 pm

So are you going for a Soviet or a German loadout? Kind of sounds like you have elements of both in there. I hope the new gas mosin works out, be sure to do a review!
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby hairygreek on Wed May 09, 2012 4:42 pm

ultimentra wrote:So are you going for a Soviet or a German loadout? Kind of sounds like you have elements of both in there. I hope the new gas mosin works out, be sure to do a review!

I will be some kind of bastardization... though I would prefer WWI German probably. So I'll try to add anything that looks WWI, though not "exact" matches of equipment. If you want an idea look here: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?165390-John-P-Sheehan-WWI-Collection-Full-Mannequin-Uniform-Displays and here: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?46339-WW1-German-and-french-kits

Another problem with looking entirely WWI is the cost but also that they all wore wool coats. So I had to get Soviet WWII-type BDUs that looked period-like but weren't wool or expensive.

Most the other stuff I already had, like Bulgarian M1936 helmet. It looks decently close to WWII stalhelms but was like $70-80 cheaper, it was $40 from Bulgaria. WWI stahlhelms go even higher.

I got lucky finding the WWI backpack for $50 on ebay and got inspired. It's kinda crappy condition but it's a real item. If you wonder what one WWI soldier would put in a pack, I posted this thread on gunboards: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?267308-What-did-soldiers-have-in-their-packs

And I'll do a review on the Mosin for you!
hairygreek
Recruit

Postby IconarmsDealer on Thu May 10, 2012 9:54 am

Odd...

Theres are decent and cost effective replicas of German gear, and plenty of Russian gere to make one or the other.Its your call, But I would pick one or the other.
Full Russian WW2 uniform 300.00 I have seen it listed
Full Germ WW2 Load out head to toe No rifle 1200.00
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Return to General Discussion