Izhmash making airsoft AK's?

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

Izhmash making airsoft AK's?

Postby T3hl33tn00b on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:43 pm

So, I have heard a few rumors, and now I'm starting to find a few articles and posts about this.
I gather that Izhmash has now designed and is manufacturing Airsoft AK's, and that they might even end up in the US.
My hope is that they use real steel AK furniture and parts. The closer they can get to real steel while being allowed to import them, the more I'm willing to spend. Either way, if they import them to the US, I'm 90% on buying one, sight unseen.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012 ... oft-rifle/
T3hl33tn00b
Master Sergeant

Re: Izhmash making airsoft AK's?

Postby Savage on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:22 pm

Actually, izmash does manufacture airsoft guns, and has been doing so for quite some time.
The original they made, the yunker-2, used a real-steel AK-74 lower, stock, dust cover, gas tube, handguard, and flash hider. I believe even the barrel was a bored-out real-steel barrel, with a 6.04mm copper inner inserted, as well.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby airsoftguy on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:56 pm

Savage wrote:Actually, izmash does manufacture airsoft guns, and has been doing so for quite some time.
The original they made, the yunker-2, used a real-steel AK-74 lower, stock, dust cover, gas tube, handguard, and flash hider. I believe even the barrel was a bored-out real-steel barrel, with a 6.04mm copper inner inserted, as well.

Well there can be some issues there since it uses real steel parts it can be converted back over to a unregistered firearm because you can buy demilled components such as barrels rivets etc.
Free body piercing, anywhere any size, if you stand in front of my iron sights.
airsoftguy
Sergeant

Postby Savage on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:57 am

I highly doubt it's capability to be a real firearm is any different than a gun like a real sword.
I'm sure every precaution is made to prevent that. They know what they're doing. Nobody has turned a Real-Sword into a real firearm yet, even though it's the exact same shape/size as a real AK. There's more to consider than just screwing a barrel in, assembling it and shooting it.

And even with all that, I was quoting from memory a poorly translated item description from around three years ago. Do take it with a grain of salt!
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Return to General Discussion