A Day With The DP Guys

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

A Day With The DP Guys

Postby THKInternational on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:37 am

Hey guys I was spending some time with some of the DP employees this past saturday and well as we started talking a shipment of Tokarevs m9s ect, Anyway the manager also bought CLP and lubricant of a brand called FrogLube. They told me that this lube could also be used for airsoft guns and could signifiantly jump your FPS and sure enough yuuup the lube is good no mineral oil or petrolium. So we decided to test this I bought a bottle and well here are the statistics.
Echo 1 ak-47 fps 356,357,354,349,359 average fps 355
Lube fps 367,367,367,370,372 average fps 368.6= +13.6
KWA tokarev fps 332,330,327,327,326 average fps 328.4
Lube fps 344,341,341,340,339 average fps 341= +12.6
between these two guns this lubrication increased the guns avergae fps by 13.1 Fps not too bad not bad atol and all you need is two tiny drops and the size of the bottle you wont run out for a while.
OMG THK KNOWS MATH :lol:
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Re: A Day With The DP Guys

Postby Exarach on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:49 am

THKInternational wrote:Hey guys I was spending some time with some of the DP employees this past saturday and well as we started talking a shipment of Tokarevs m9s ect, Anyway the manager also bought CLP and lubricant of a brand called FrogLube. They told me that this lube could also be used for airsoft guns and could signifiantly jump your FPS and sure enough yuuup the lube is good no mineral oil or petrolium. So we decided to test this I bought a bottle and well here are the statistics.
Echo 1 ak-47 fps 356,357,354,349,359 average fps 355
Lube fps 367,367,367,370,372 average fps 368.6= +13.6
KWA tokarev fps 332,330,327,327,326 average fps 328.4
Lube fps 344,341,341,340,339 average fps 341= +12.6
between these two guns this lubrication increased the guns avergae fps by 13.1 Fps not too bad not bad atol and all you need is two tiny drops and the size of the bottle you wont run out for a while.
OMG THK KNOWS MATH :lol:

So let me get this straight..... if you keep a gun lubricated, it works better? WOW INNOVATION :roll:

Try some tranny fluid with o ring restore, you will see the compression go perfect :)
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:22 pm

How is the hop and accuracy? I've used silicone spray and gotten a noticeable gain but accuracy suffered.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Exarach on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:41 pm

KileyHAZ wrote:How is the hop and accuracy? I've used silicone spray and gotten a noticeable gain but accuracy suffered.

Its because it lubricates your O-Rings, and they swell, as well as less friction. The hop up contact surface is made slick however, which takes the accuracy to shit, due to a lack of friction on the contact surface. It is self correcting after 200-500 rounds.

God only knows what's in the THK"S magic oring rub lotion
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby BIO on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:27 am

With 200-500 rounds put through it,would that remove some of the lubricant from the o ring and put your FPS back to where it was before?
So you would have high FPS,but couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a over greased ring.Or you could just build the weapon properly and have good FPS and some accuracy.

I think alot of us need to up grade our self's on the field more so then the weapon.
Ben and thatoneguy come out of no were with mildly stock guns and drop people like flys.Put Bens sniper back in his hands and its all over.Upgrading your self will have more impact then a gun shooting 500 FPS full auto all day.
BIO
TAC Treasurer

Postby ultimentra on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:46 pm

I want to "like" BIO's post. Totally agree with what was said there. Having a gun that can shoot accurately out to 220-250 feet definitely helps (Trent's RPK anyone? :) ) but at the end of the day you can't shoot what you can't see. Sometimes with airsoft you still can't shoot someone whos hiding behind thick enough brush.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby Shinn on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:31 pm

I agree totally as well. Most of my old team used stock TM's for years and we were one of the most...effective groups in Texas. And I don't mean it as a slight to anyone...but once people start to upgrade their guns insanely...Their field craftsmanship suffers a bit...for most.
Shinn
Private

Postby THKInternational on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:03 am

Exarach wrote:
KileyHAZ wrote:How is the hop and accuracy? I've used silicone spray and gotten a noticeable gain but accuracy suffered.

Its because it lubricates your O-Rings, and they swell, as well as less friction. The hop up contact surface is made slick however, which takes the accuracy to shit, due to a lack of friction on the contact surface. It is self correcting after 200-500 rounds.

God only knows what's in the THK"S magic oring rub lotion

as far as I can tell its green stuff eer and pure silicone ITS GREEN
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Return to General Discussion