Camo?

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Camo?

Postby ultimentra on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:10 pm

Don't resist shinn! All must be assimilated into glorious revolution of the motherland, join the glorious cause of anti-imperialism comrade! :)
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby Shinn on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:51 pm

And to think I just sold my AK74su not too long ago. I guess I should just turn this into a question thread. ;)

On the subject of different uniforms/gear how easy is it to come by without using the net?
Shinn
Private

Postby yellow_fever on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:15 pm

Miller's Surplus has all the typical US uniforms, for about average price. A lot of their tactical gear is pretty overpriced though, but being pretty much the only surplus store (that I know of), they're okay in a pinch. I use them as a fitting room; go in and play around a bit with gear configurations, then buy it for half what they charge elsewhere.

Besides that, there are several people here on the forum who can get their hands on particular clothing/items (DPM, certain flavors of Russian, etc). And someone is always selling something.
When in doubt, call it out.
Savage wrote:Good to know snow camo isn't desert issue anymore.
yellow_fever
Sergeant

Postby Shinn on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:31 pm

Sadly here the US gear is the most common. I've rarely seen someone going for a different impression. If I didn't just buy a Masada as a project gun..i'd pick up a new AK :p
Shinn
Private

Postby The Honey Badger on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:32 pm

Shinn wrote:Must resist reason to build Russian loadout. >.>

There is no reason not too. There are several teams here (atleast 2) that use it as a secondary load out.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Shinn on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:46 pm

The biggest factor to that would be how often there are 'big' events out there?
Shinn
Private

Postby THKInternational on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:33 pm

how about you try camos on before you buy them ya know or even buy some second hand cammies here on da forum
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Shinn on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Trying camo on has nothing to do with it. ;) Lords know I have plenty of Camo sets...just all based around US stuff. Never had a reason to build a dedicated Russian Kit. Though seeing how most teams have that as a secondary type of thing...tempts me to build something different...just to be well...different. XD
Shinn
Private

Postby ultimentra on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:50 pm

I have yet to see a PLA (China) team or even loadout. Also, you could a WWII thing as well, doesn't have to be modern. I have never seen a player here use Reich camo or any of the german WWII weapons.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby Slim on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:10 am

Oi, I've worn flektarn before... anywho;

Everyone wants and goes for US and Marines and Seals and any/everything modern up to date us issue, asides from our russian impressionists and our british friends out there, almost any other nation.time period would be new.

Canada, Polish GROM, GSG-9, Afghan police or dirka dirka, chinese would sound fun actually, theres a lot of options.

ps, look for some Swiss alpine fall mountain camo, so i won't be alone, lol
Slim
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion