Camo?

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

Camo?

Postby Shinn on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:10 pm

First off I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Having only been in the city when I visited Tucson...I find myself wondering what you as players think is the best pattern/color for playing there is. This way I can get some of an idea...and basically sell what I don't need before getting there...Plus a discussion topic such as this will allow me to get to know some of ya. :P
Shinn
Private

Re: Camo?

Postby KileyHAZ on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:51 pm

Teams use different camo. If your going to join a team you might want to look at team uniforms as well. Weighing it totally on what our native area looks like I think Multicam is the clear winner IMO.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Shinn on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:55 pm

I think the only time I've seen Multicam not be effective is in a true woodland area..Though I confess they could've been wearing a knock off brand. How effective is MARPAT? I love both my sets. :p
Shinn
Private

Postby Striker on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:31 pm

Desert marpat works good down in the south part of the state. Woodland marpat works up north in the mountains. Honestly you can roll in solid tan,brown, and khaki and still be effective here.
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby BIO on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Id wear what you have till you get to test the play areas and go from there,Airsoft is really a CQB sport compared to the real world.Camo can only hid you so well at close range,and as soon as you move you'll most likely be spotted no matter what your wearing.
Pic something that will win you the airsoft fashion show :)
BIO
TAC Treasurer

Postby combine21 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:31 am

I do agree with kiley, Multicam is a very effective camo in the surrounding areas we play in, i use it atm but not for much longer.
combine21
Private 1st Class

Postby Mclovin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:47 am

i agree with bio with the whole dont move part cause most camo will work as long as you dont move and there are a few people that can catch any sort of movement even with the best of camo
Mclovin
Sergeant

Postby Shinn on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:04 am

The only time i'm not moving is if i'm defending an objective,running recon/DMR,or 'dead'.

I never really caught into Multicam tbh. Everyone here started to get it and well...I'd rather be different than part of the herd. Our original team actually went with the PMC look for the longest time.
Shinn
Private

Postby The Honey Badger on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:39 am

Mclovin wrote:i agree with bio with the whole dont move part cause most camo will work as long as you dont move and there are a few people that can catch any sort of movement even with the best of camo

You move, I see you... don't matter what you have on. Truly the "Greener" camo works better in the summer and the "Tanner" camos in the winter. Milsim teams have their own camo that they call a "requirement" The Hawks currently use British Desert 2 colour. We also get caught in US woodland, Russian Kamysh, and splits on occasion.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Shinn on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:27 pm

Must resist reason to build Russian loadout. >.>
Shinn
Private

Next

Return to General Discussion