What do you want to do with TAC in 2013/2014?

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

What do you want to do with TAC in 2013/2014?

Postby KileyHAZ on Tue May 21, 2013 9:13 pm

Title says it all. What do you want to do with TAC in 2013/2014? Interested in hearing member and non member opinions on the topic. We have an election window coming up soon so this could very well drive selections and priorities for the rest of the year.

Do you want to see more pickups? More major events? More milsim? More competitive matches? More involvement with the commercial ventures in town (TA/DP)? Less/more rules? More AOs? Other items?

I have a few of my own ideas that relate to board structure, organization goas and website items as well as evening the experience levels at casual games. But what I am primarily interested in are those top few items we all have in common that would draw you out to events and/or motivate you to host your own events.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Re: What do you want to do with TAC in 2013/2014?

Postby ultimentra on Tue May 21, 2013 10:27 pm

The only thing I can say here is that I think we need more people, how to go about doing that is beyond me aside from doing group visits to DP and Toxic, and trying to "convert" some of the people who are unhappy with playing in the same arena every weekend.

Pickups structure, commonality, games, etc are all fine, but I would like to see at least 20+ at pickups, because 7 on 7 with the same people can get old, and can sometimes make it not really worth the gas to drive out to an AO, especially now that NWop and SASCO are all we have, Silverbell was very close to me distance wise.

That's really the only gripe I can make. Getting the people who won't come out purely for this reason, 20 person pickups at the least might bring them out of hibernation and maybe we can start seeing the days of 30-40 person pickups again. The more the merrier, and I realize there are some here that do not agree with me and that TAC should be kept secret or exclusive, but honestly we have so few people that come out on random weekends as it is, in my opinion if TAC doesn't get some more new people coming in, our 12 person pickups will only get smaller.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Re: What do you want to do with TAC in 2013/2014?

Postby Tonk on Tue May 21, 2013 10:44 pm

KileyHAZ wrote:Title says it all. What do you want to do with TAC in 2013/2014? Interested in hearing member and non member opinions on the topic. We have an election window coming up soon so this could very well drive selections and priorities for the rest of the year.

Do you want to see more pickups? More major events? More milsim? More competitive matches? More involvement with the commercial ventures in town (TA/DP)? Less/more rules? More AOs? Other items?

I have a few of my own ideas that relate to board structure, organization goas and website items as well as evening the experience levels at casual games. But what I am primarily interested in are those top few items we all have in common that would draw you out to events and/or motivate you to host your own events.

As you know I am MilSim through and through and don't normally enjoy the force on force/ctf pickup games .. Id love to have nothing but MilSim major events every weekend. I realize this isn't possible. Smaller MilSim games on the other hand with deeper objective lines is though. Maybe have a smaller Biweekly Saturday games build into a major game once every three months. Just a thought.

Competitive matches reminds me of Paintball so no thanks, TA/DP remind me of paintball so no thanks. I do feel like we can try to do a "MilSim" night maybe once a month at TA/DP and try to get some new people keyed into MilSim. I'm confident we can get something going with them. Thoughts?

If anyone needs help or advice on hosting a Game I'm sure Kiley as well as myself will help wherever we can. We just need to be asked.

I feel the ruleset we have is right on with national ops and so makes sense. I wouldn't change a thing.

Yes we need more AOs. I feel like we are stuck and need another set of eyes so to speak. Ill see what I can do, they are out there. How far is someone willing to drive to play? Scott had some Great ideas.... far away but none the less great ideas.

The board ... Ill help wherever I can. I don't know wtf happened but it shouldn't of had the effect it did. New elections will help. I nominate myself for whatever needs to be done ....

This is a great community .. there are loads of people paying to play airsoft at TA and DP but why? They obviously don't know what MilSim Airsoft truly is. I feel like we just need to do more than pickups and get the word out. I dont know. I feel like TAC is "older" is that bad? I think its good personally but does TAC being "older" intimidate the newer player?

As for other items Ive got nothing right now. I look forward to a new board and whatever energy they can inject in TAC. Id hate to see TAC die after being a part of it for 12 years now.
"Si Placet Necamus"
http://www.52Zulu.com
Tonk
Executive Advisor

Return to General Discussion