What I see as "Milsim", I love it and hate it.

This section is for general discussion pertaining to TAC or airsoft

Moderator: Moderators

What I see as "Milsim", I love it and hate it.

Postby Sandman on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Alright, so here is my pitch. I've been around the world of airsoft and milsim a few times. I've owned many Systemas, GBBR's, tons of AEG's. I have owned all the gear from real Ops Core Ballistics' to AOR1 6094A's, NODS, CRYE, everything. I've played at many different milim games from John Lu with Lion Claws, American Milsim with Frosty and JP, John up with Blacksheep Milsim and many more. Now here is my problem with those guys, sorry if I offend you but Lion Claws is not milxim to me. AMS is not that bad nor is Blacksheep, they keep the milsim atmosphere alive with DAM Missions and such, but it seems to me that 90% of the time at John Lu games it's just fat guys running around re-living the glory days. It's not fun or realistic to me, almost as bad as paintball. Now here is where I love milsim. I love continuous simulation. I loved playing with Milsim West and locally, I loved Combat Challenge's AO in Prescott. I love camping in the field, doing land nav in the mountains at night, I love carrying 80 pounds of gear, and I love the real world situations such as being dropped off in the wrong spot at night and having to find your way back to a rally point to attack and enemy camp in the darkness of night. It's just what I like to do because its realistic, fun, and gives you a sense of accomplishment of doing something besides just killing the enemy because in real life, there is more to combat then just shooting. So here is my proposal, can we get enough guys in AZ to want to go back up t Prescott and run an OP like that? I miss doing this kind of stuff, John Lu's games are getting boring. Sorry if I offend you and correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like not has happened in Prescott since Red Dagger 2 which to this day is still my favorite event. Thats my take on milsim.
Sandman
Recruit

Re: What I see as "Milsim", I love it and hate it.

Postby yellow_fever on Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:09 pm

I am of the same opinion. The most fun I ever had playing airsoft was at Red Dagger II. The most fun I ever had filming airsoft was at Cold Burn. Combat Challenge always outdoes itself in terms of quality.
When in doubt, call it out.
Savage wrote:Good to know snow camo isn't desert issue anymore.
yellow_fever
Sergeant

Re: What I see as "Milsim", I love it and hate it.

Postby The Honey Badger on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:36 pm

Red Storm 3 was the best game I have played, even though I broke 2 Echo 1 RPK's, the OMG twice. 30000+ bbs and killed those fat guys over and over.

The last STALKER game was the best I have been staff for.

Cold Burn 2 was the best AO in AZ.

SVA had a great field and series.

I will play anywhere and anytime I can talk the Hawks into attending.

However, with all the dirt that have chewed and blood I have shed I not into real milsim. I do have no problem shoot the #%&* out of you fools. But, I don't think I want to rough it lol
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Return to General Discussion