Facebook

Your suggestions regarding content, layout, ease of use etc

Moderator: Moderators

Facebook

Postby THKInternational on Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:15 am

I think it would be coil if TAC had a facebook or even better a group. More players can socialize and plus alot of searches online take people to organizations facebook page rather than their website like evike echo1 Ect. And with alot of people on facebook checking their status someone can post on the page that a pickup game is canceled I'm not sure if I'm the Only person that wakes up and checks their facebook and most of the time it's nothing. But hey it would be nice to see a game is canceled postponed or starts later in the day before putting on all my gear. Just a thought
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Facebook

Postby KileyHAZ on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:49 am

Then what use would this site be?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Mclovin on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:46 pm

KileyHAZ wrote:Then what use would this site be?

i actually think that a group would be a good idea to get TAC out to more people but instead of posting why not direct people to the site and leave the FB part for important information or chatting with people interested in TAC.
Yet leave the site for more specific matters and all game information so we can spread the word and not get rid of our forum.
Mclovin
Sergeant

Postby THKInternational on Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:03 pm

yeah like MHS band group let the public know whats up
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby The Honey Badger on Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:33 pm

Some of us do not Face book... me for one. If I did my ex-wives might track me down. Not to mention all the illegitimate, I digress.

Truly, Face book is absolutely a violation Department Order 102, so for me I could not check at work unless I want to risk a suspension when my system caught the FB virus'
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby airsoftguy on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:38 pm

It would be a bad idea because all the TAC haters from Disruptive would say things on the site saying "ohh don't play with those people and "TAC sucks" giving us a bad name to the public.
Free body piercing, anywhere any size, if you stand in front of my iron sights.
airsoftguy
Sergeant

Postby ultimentra on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:53 pm

I actually find myself agreeing with airsoftguy on this, among others. A facebook group for TAC would be superfluous. 49th has a facebook group that we hardly use, its mainly just for linking team mates together on facebook so we can add each other.
Last edited by ultimentra on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby Crono0001 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:09 am

I don't want to be your friends
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby THKInternational on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:37 am

^ I was just waiting for that.
plus i can hardly navigate a FB page but a group can be closed that means only members can see the page its more of socializing like I know MHS band has a good forum but they use a group too. there are three types of groups tho and its just like a chatbox
open: Anyone can see the group, who's in it, and what members post.
closed: Anyone can see the group and who's in it. Only members see posts.
secret: Only members see the group, who's in it, and what members post.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Slim on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:15 am

thats band, not highly trained bad asses with mock guns and real gear,

lol

no facebook, its another way for news and politics to infiltrate tac and possibly destroy us.
Slim
Sergeant

Next

Return to Site Suggestions