Video/Picture capturing

Photos and Video of small local events and pickup games

Moderator: Moderators

Video/Picture capturing

Postby Raptor on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:11 pm

Hello and good evening everyone,

I'm Raptor, and I'm a new member, and plan on attending the meeting/pick up game this Saturday, January 7th. I understand some other members capture a fair amount of Photo/Video, and albeit my lack of experience in the professional realm, I'm an avid action sports recorder.

Currently, I use 3 gadgets for On-The-Go action recording:
1. A velcro, trigger activated camera. Great for still shots on those occasional quite moments, or quick captures. Simple design, a 1.5 x 1.5 x .5 inch rectangle housing the compact camera, with a detonator sized battery/trigger compartment. Small and compact, easy to use on the fly.

2. Video Glasses: A set of bulky and sex-appeal demolishing safety glasses with video/audio recording capabilities. Great for intense pickup of action, gives the watcher an almost first person experience view through the user. 'Nuff said.

3. Mountable Mini-Cam: this tiny little baby is great for helmet, side-head, gun cam, or any other general purpose recording. A bit more versatile in it's own respects than the video glasses, it can provide a gun barrel perspective, or any other viewing experience you can stick it to. currently, this gadget is MIA somewhere in my Room/Basement, currently conducting SAR to find this baby =(

Product view of the glasses.
Desert Hawk Hopeful
Raptor
Private

Re: Video/Picture capturing

Postby KileyHAZ on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:40 am

My fiancee was just telling me she wanted to get a set of these glasses for me. I'd be interested in seeing the quality of the output video at some point.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Re: Video/Picture capturing

Postby Raptor on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:39 am

The quality with any mobile, unconventional recording device will always suffer, however I've come to find that the quality is good enough to get the action. I use them in various shotgun events, such as trap and skeet, and quality is good enough to see the small orange targets moving a fast speed at a distance.
Desert Hawk Hopeful
Raptor
Private

Return to General Event Photos and Video