DH Recon: NWOpsite 05.02.09

Photos and Video of small local events and pickup games

Moderator: Moderators

Re: DH Recon: NWOpsite 05.02.09

Postby PhaedrusZen on Wed May 06, 2009 11:39 am

I have to say that pick-up games have their place...I would have been lost if I had started playing from the cars my first game out, although I think playing from the moment your boots hit the dirt would be a blast too. It's just harder for those of us who aren't part of a regular team and don't have all the gear, to coordinate with guys we may never have played with before. I think once I've been out to a few more games I'll be down for the more realistic scenarios. In the mean time, I think it's awesome that the D Hawks could use the game for training. I'll be doing a little more recon myself, when I get out there next.
sky soldier wrote:...Oh wait, nevermind his lips are painted orange, they must not be real cuss words.
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Postby HiSkoolFunf on Wed May 06, 2009 2:43 pm

Well if your going into that detail of realism I may leave some IED's out there.
HiSkoolFunf
Private 1st Class

Postby clayton on Wed May 06, 2009 3:32 pm

how do you make an airsoft ied? cherrybomb launches packed with bbs?
clayton
1st Lieutenant

Postby HiSkoolFunf on Wed May 06, 2009 4:07 pm

IED stands for..........Improvised Explosive Device, so pretty much what ever you can think of.
HiSkoolFunf
Private 1st Class

Postby usafabrad on Wed May 06, 2009 6:02 pm

Airsoft m203 with the trigger rigged to a tripwire
usafabrad
Private

Postby Farslayer on Wed May 06, 2009 11:01 pm

Smoothcat wrote:It looks more like recon on OJ and Al Cowlings. :) What's up Far?
The glove fit Kiley..... :o
Farslayer
Private 1st Class

Postby Savage on Thu May 07, 2009 8:08 am

Krash, I do believe that post did make you friends. Zombies belong in video games and movies. And stupid crap belongs in paintball ;) (don't kill me)
I'd love a day of stalking people in the field, waiting until people get so relaxed and complacent that it takes a full auto burst to the head to get them to know what's going on.
May I borrow that picture of the sniper team? I'm wondering if I need to get rid of my caveman-style ghille suit and get a pro-made desert piece for games down near the border.
clayton wrote:how do you make an airsoft ied? cherrybomb launches packed with bbs?

Attach some ever-handy paracord to a tree branch, and a 1/2 pulled grenade pin with a short fuse. Keep it a little bit tight, and stretch the line across a much-traveled area. Snick, boom.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby krash on Thu May 07, 2009 8:27 am

thread jackers

Kiley put up some sweet shots and we just had to pich at it, think we should have started a new thread line for all the talk, since we were not there we should all just be quiet and stand it in wonder!!!!!!!!!

ZOMBIE ==== ******* 'BAD WORDS' I can't use here, fill in the blank, THE only cool part about zmobie, I can shoot you OVER AND OVER AGAIN!
krash
Executive Advisor

Postby Farslayer on Thu May 07, 2009 9:28 am

@Savage:

PM me your email and I'll send you a ton of pics plus a cool website that show a step by step how to. I picked up some pointers.
Farslayer
Private 1st Class

Postby Savage on Thu May 07, 2009 12:25 pm

I'm fine with making ghille, but I've never used it in extremely hot, arid areas. My current suit, (if I ever find it) was made for the jungles on the northwest coast. After looking through a bunch of albums, I saw you guys are in an area 99.9% like where I live. The only real difference is that I live at the exact elevation where Juniper trees change to Pine trees. I'm wanting to host an OP up here once I know more about current airsoft equipment, tactics, planning and all.
My secret email is fuzzytuxedo@hotmail.com
<-- notice the MSN board game dude.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to General Event Photos and Video