OP: RED STORM 03.19-03.21

Photos and Video of large organized events local and abroad

Moderator: Moderators

OP: RED STORM 03.19-03.21

Postby KileyHAZ on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:19 am

A group from the Desert Hawks made it out to the Lion Claws series Red Storm game this past weekend. We had a great time. All in all an awesome experience. We arrived Friday to check in and brief and tour the AO. Saturday had us playing from 7 am to around 6 pm with a short lunch break and a short 30 minute break in the afternoon. Sunday had us playing from 7 am to noon with no break.

Buffalo, Bio, Hollywood, Quadro, and myself were all in attendance. We formed a squad designated Red 2 with myself as squad leader, Bio and Asst Squad leader and our platoon leader was Tom G (Paladin06) from the Regiment. We had Randall, General manager of steel hawk airsoft as well as Reaver and Boxley from the Regiment in the squad with us. While ultimately the USFOR took the field for the weekend with a score of 325 to our 298 it was a close game considering how much USFOR outnumbered Renegade forces.

Red 2 held all objectives we were tasked with, never giving up any ground. Combat took us from holding a courtyard monument to sweeping buildings all the way to defending key objectives such as the town hall, gymnasium, and strategic choke points. Civilians were interrogated, buildings captured and held, a spy withing our ranks attempting to assasinate our VIP Sgt Dobroff were thwarted.

All in all a great weekend, worth the time and expense.

Here are some photos for you all to drool over while kicking yourselves:

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/gr ... rm%202010/

Some of my favorites...

Patch and challenge coin
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/gr ... 072944.jpg

Red 2

Kilo and Tom our 1st Sgt and Platoon leader

Reaver

Top T

Renegade command staff (Sgt Dobroff, Heath, Tom)

Our commander sgt Dobroff and the Russian Angels

Airsofter1

Closing Ceremony

Renegade forces who made it through the whole weekend

AO shots

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Re: OP: RED STORM 03.19-03.21

Postby AlexDean on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:46 pm

one day... one day
Here I sit all broken hearted; came to poop and only farted.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby KileyHAZ on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:19 am

More pics here:
http://www.oplionclaws.com/gallery/main ... emId=32924

Here is a shot of all Renegade and USFOR who made it through the weekend... I'd say nearly a 1/3rd called it quits before this point and thus were not in the picture...

http://www.oplionclaws.com/gallery/main ... emId=33920
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Savage on Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Where'd that dude find authentic Estrangere camo and patches?
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby azsworst on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:12 am

Estrangere! :lol:
TAC 2009 Shooters Competition: I came, I saw.....I conqured
I am like the old puma, I will sit and wait a long ass time for you to RUN by then jump you from behind and bam your my diner.........
azsworst
Executive Advisor

Postby Savage on Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:30 am

azsworst wrote:Estrangere! :lol:

Some dude running around in foreign legion gear. I don't think china's started making fake gear of it.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby AlexDean on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:29 pm

whta guy?
Here I sit all broken hearted; came to poop and only farted.
AlexDean
Master Sergeant

Postby ultimentra on Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:17 pm

When I turn 18 I will save up to go to one of these. It will be worth the wait. I have a couple questions for you kiley :) I hope you don't mind answering them.

Since it was multi days event, did you guys stay at a hotel near the opsite or was there places to sleep at the OPsite?

Where there places to refill water out there? besides waiting until going back to the hotel room and getting water from the sink.

What did you guys do for food in the mean time whilest not playing? Brought your own food?

Did you guys bring multiple batteries and need them? Did you ever get a chance to recharge your batteries?

How much ammo did you end up using altogether?

Random questions I know, but these are things I wanted to know about going to airsoft game out of state because I don't know them.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby quadro on Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:44 am

Since it was multi days event, did you guys stay at a hotel near the opsite or was there places to sleep at the OPsite?
We stayed at a hotel about 10 minutes away, however they did offer camping with very tight restrictions.

Where there places to refill water out there? besides waiting until going back to the hotel room and getting water from the sink.
I don't recall any fill stations at the site. We just bought a few gallons of water before we got to the AO.

What did you guys do for food in the mean time whilest not playing? Brought your own food?

For lunch we brought MRE's and dinner we went out to local restaurants.

Did you guys bring multiple batteries and need them? Did you ever get a chance to recharge your batteries?
For me I needed two 1800mAh batteries per full day of play. Buffalo on the other hand used 2 4500mAh and a couple of 1800mAh batteries in a full day.

How much ammo did you end up using altogether?
I used two bags of G&G biodegradable for the weekend(roughly 8k). I know buffalo used 12k just on Saturday. I was also shooting semi-auto only for both day's. Had I used full auto I would have gone through a lot more.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Postby KileyHAZ on Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:38 am

Quadro got the answer above, only thing to add is that we were afforded a lunch break back at the main parade ground and that was the best time to swap broken weapons/gear and refill water. Also, for those who needed water and did not have the foresight to bring their own, there was an aid station on the field with shade, water, and first aid as well as control vehicles to get you to and from the field if you were hurt.
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Next

Return to Major OP Event Photos and Video