Greetings.

New to the board? Please introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Greetings.

Postby Grinch on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Hello everyone! I just happened to stumble across this site while searching for MILSIM within Tucson. I'm glad I've finally found a place to discuss airsoft with the locals.
My name is Mason (Grinch), I'm fairly new to to Tucson. I moved here about 6 months ago. I generally play at Toxic airsoft (because it's closer to my house), but I have heard good things about other fields in town. My personal background, I have been the captain of one team (disbanded) and I was an officer of a sponsored team in Washington D.C. I've been playing airsoft competitively for about two years. Of course, as most players, I got my start with not-so-legal backyard skirmishes. After that I joined Cookie Jar Security when I moved to Washington D.C. Now with my third move I am here, I ran a small "team" for about 4 months but certain matters came between us. I'm most certainly not the best player, but making those small mistakes and learning from them make me a better player. Currently I am wanting to join a team, and I'm willing to work for it. I'm 16, but quite mature for my age. I think that's because I can't deal with whiny babies :) Thank you very much for your time, and I'm incredibly happy to be here.
"I hurt myself today to see if I still feel."
Grinch
Private 1st Class

Re: Greetings.

Postby quadro on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Welcome! My best suggestion for teams would be to show up to the pickups and start talking with everyone.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Postby Grinch on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Well thank you very much for the tip :)
I must admit, I'm waiting to get all my gear before I get involved with another team. My gun just crapped out on me, so I have to get all my stuff together.
Grinch
Private 1st Class

Postby THKInternational on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:39 pm

better not be here to steal my christmas boy!!! :lol:
welcome 8-)
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby quadro on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:40 pm

Even if you don't have gun or equipment you could always stop by and interact with everyone and even watch a game to see what it is like here. It may make you change your load out...especially when summer hits.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Postby Grinch on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:55 pm

@Quadro, that's exactly what I was thinking. I'm tired of being the door-breacher. Instead of an OTV I', going to try to get a low drag loadout. I'm debating harness and battle belt or PC and drop leg pouches. It's such a hard decision! Could you possibly direct me to where the pickups and what not are, I've seen one thread that said "pickup" but that was it.

@THK I do love me some Christmas :D
Thanks!
Grinch
Private 1st Class

Postby Grinch on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Disregard that, found it. Now I just need directions :O
Grinch
Private 1st Class

Postby quadro on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:03 pm

All games will be posted in the event calender near the botom of the main forum page. Just choose the month and you will be able to see any posted games. For this weekend just look in april and find the one labeled for the 14th.

Directions to the fields can be found in the AO Information forum.

quadro
Executive Advisor

Postby Grinch on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Thank you kind sir! Hopefully I can make it out! I do have to volunteer for my school, but I'll try to get out of that.
Grinch
Private 1st Class

Postby Gills on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:07 pm

Welcome to the TAC forums. Hope to see you at a game soon.
USMC
"Your Gods and my Gods-do you or I know which are stronger?"
Gills
Sergeant

Return to Introductions