Hello

New to the board? Please introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hello

Postby Sandman on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:44 pm

Hello, I am new to the whole TAC thing. I have been play airsoft for I think 6 years now. I am a big milsim player. I have attended many national level milsim's and hopefully I will be traveling to Europe for one soon. I attended Red Dagger 2, Cold Burn 2, Western Front (Terrible) on the state level if you call it that. For Lion Claws, I have gone to the Army Birthday for the last three years in Southern California, last Years Lion Claws, Lightening Strike in New York, and I have gone to one Irene. For American Milsim/Milsim Event, I went to Oklahoma Invasion 6 last year and this year Operation: Broken Home in Oklahoma. I also was lucky enough to get into a Blacksheep event in New York to. I love to play milsim as you can see. I am kind of a Gearwhore. I only use real stuff like LBT, Eagle, Etc... I got two complete loadouts one in full AOR1 and one in Coyote Brown. For guns I got a Systema PTW, Polar Star PR-15, VFC 416, King Arms GBBR, and a Sig P226. I love real steal to. I used to help out at Toxic, I left because it is un-safe, a dump, and little kids with high caps are not a good combination. So now I only really play every few months at milsims and on occasion I will go up to Vanguard but you still have high-cap mania. I saved this for last, I am only 17. I hope this in not to much info. I actually have two questions for TAC. Since I am 17, can I play with you guys? If I can, how do your games work? Thanks.
Sandman
Recruit

Re: Hello

Postby ultimentra on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Welcome sandman! Let me first say that you are totally welcome here, your age of 17 will not be an issue. I started playing with TAC at 16, and although there are a couple of annoying hurdles, it is worth it, as they are not only for your safety, but also for keeping the organisation out of legal trouble. I have played at Toxic a few times in the past, I also went to Operation cold burn 2, and Red Dagger 2, and Western Front. Trust me when I say, not only are we a more serious bunch and safer, but also we have alot more fun doing it, and 95% of our games are free. The only games you will ever pay for, are usually large event games and the payment usually goes towards supporting some kind of charity. STALKER events like the one we had yesterday are an exception to this, though the money was invested completely into game props.

If you would like to get more involved in the community, your welcome to purchase TAC membership, which either 12 dollars per year (1 dollar per month) or a lifetime membership of $40. This basically allows you to vote at TAC meetings.

The way our usual games work is that we have pickups at NWop, Silverbell, or SASCO (check the AO information section for directions) and there is a posted show up time, and game ready time. Games vary from objectives, Force Vs Force, etc. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here.

Like I said before, we are a more serious group, but we do everything with a big goofy smile on our faces. I'm sure you'll fit right in :D .

Hope to see you on the field soon!
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby Sandman on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:48 pm

Ok, sounds good. Two more quick questions. Do I need a TAC membership to play? If so, I have no issue buying one and I probably do want to buy one anyway. Where can I do that? Also, what are the hurdles I need to jump to play since legally I am a minor? Waiver? Vouch? Thanks.
Sandman
Recruit

Postby ultimentra on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:39 pm

Playing is totally free, TAC membership is purchased by paying the TAC Treasurer (BIO) or any TAC officer such as myself, HoneyBadger, or Buffalo.

The two hurdles are-
1) Filling out a waiver and turning it in. This should be handed to Buffalo or BIO. The waivers can be found on the main site. here-
http://tucsonairsoftcoalition.com/news/ ... &Itemid=31

2) According to TAC rules, you have to wear your regular ANSI-rated Eye pro, and a mask that covers your face. This can be a paintball style mask, one of those new airsoft mesh masks, or pretty much anything that has a hard surface in front of that purty smile of yours :mrgreen: . This may seem annoying, but putting up it with it for awhile will seem like nothing in time. There are tons of options out there to make satisfying this requirement as comfortable as possible for you.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby Sandman on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:23 am

Ok, sounds good. I will try to make it out to a game soon. I am assuming I just show up and bring the waiver? And I do hate lower masks but I have played ate enough indoor CQB Places throughout the country have a set up that works that meets that requirement. Thank for all the help.
Sandman
Recruit

Postby BIO on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:16 am

Welcome Sandman,Its nice to see a large milsim vet on TAC.I too have attended the Red Daggers,Balkin Hammers most the Combat Challenge events,Red Storms and Lion Claws.Hope to see you on the field and trade plastic with you and chat about the events we attended together and didn't know it :)
BIO
TAC Treasurer

Postby Gills on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:17 pm

Welcome to TAC and the forums.
USMC
"Your Gods and my Gods-do you or I know which are stronger?"
Gills
Sergeant

Postby Grinch on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:09 pm

Jared? Haha new moniker huh?