Ghoul of Team Knight Watch coming to South Arizona

New to the board? Please introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Ghoul of Team Knight Watch coming to South Arizona

Postby Ghoul on Sat May 18, 2013 6:53 pm

Hello shooters.

As the topic line indicates, I'm coming back from deployment soon and being stationed at Ft Huachuca, AZ. As soon as I heard that news, I did a google search for "Arizona airsoft" and AirsoftArizona was at the top of the list ( predictably ). I've perused your site, forums, and pictures and am impressed at what I see. What really makes me smile is the active community. It appears AA has a lot to offer.

So, they question is...what does Ghoul bring to the table? Short answer: hopefully enough to make me a valued member of the community.

I'm an officer in the ARMY. 42 years old. Married. I've been playing airsoft for about 7-8 years. I was a paintballer back before markers were chromed-out electric paint throwers. I left that sport when it became competition focused and the attitude and cheaters became a rampant problem. Ironically, I found airsoft to be the same caliber of community that ol' school paintball used to be.

I joined a large team in San Antonio called Ultimate War Games (UWG). After settling into the community, I was voted in the Texas Airsoft Organization (TASO) to represent the Southern Region. I moved to Lubbock TX, and founded the Lubbock Airsoft (LAS) site and built the Knight Watch team. We traveled to several statewide Ops and even visited New Mexico to skirmish with some teams there. A few years later, I moved to El Paso. I joined the state-wide team T.E.A.R.S and assumed command of my own "squad".

I've spent my first three years in the ARMY training at Ft Benning's Infantry school, getting commisioned, and then transferring over to MI. I've deployed to Iraq and am now stationed at Ft Huachuca.

I own an arsenal of over 20 replicas, with all the gear to match. I'm introducing my wife (Lotus) to airsoft. She has already purchased her gun (TM MP5 RIS) and is geared up in Multicam. Getting her some BDUs will be too easy.

I know how to shoot, move and communicate. I'm looking forward to being an active member of the community. I am also a video effects artist (After Effects). To see some of my initial efforts, feel free to visit my YouTube channel : paraicmulgrew

My wife and I are excited to get to know the community. I hope to see you soon.

- Ghoul
Ghoul
Private

Re: Ghoul of Team Knight Watch coming to South Arizona

Postby Tonk on Sat May 18, 2013 7:01 pm

Very cool. Welcome to TAC. I turn 39 this year so you aren't alone. I look forward to seeing you guys in the field.
"Si Placet Necamus"
http://www.52Zulu.com
Tonk
Executive Advisor

Postby psykoboy on Sat May 18, 2013 8:17 pm

Welcome to tac we can't wait to have you come out and play
eta afucking taka
psykoboy
Private

Postby KileyHAZ on Sat May 18, 2013 8:34 pm

Welcome!
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Ghoul on Sun May 19, 2013 5:18 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Once I get settled in, I'm going to start work on a short film, which will feature several action scenes which will need actors (read: airsofters w/ gear!) I will start a thread in the near future with more details. I've anyone has an interest in film making / cinematography drop me a line.

Has anyone had experience with the local Ft Huachuca players? I've seen some disturbing photos of kids running around Sierra Vista neighborhoods with their AEGs in full view.
Ghoul
Private

Postby Tonk on Sun May 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Ghoul wrote:
Has anyone had experience with the local Ft Huachuca players? I've seen some disturbing photos of kids running around Sierra Vista neighborhoods with their AEGs in full view.

Fantastic isn't it?
"Si Placet Necamus"
http://www.52Zulu.com
Tonk
Executive Advisor

Postby ultimentra on Mon May 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Looking forward to meeting you on the field! :)
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby BigDog on Mon May 27, 2013 10:52 pm

The youtube vids are pretty cool. I loved the talking dog one. Where did the cat go? :lol:
BigDog
Recruit

Postby KileyHAZ on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Ha! Just checked out your facebook group while collecting information for your shipment and recognized some of your other hobbies. You will fit in fine with most of our members, we have a lot of the geek and ex-geek types here. Plenty of people who trade and barter their airsoft funds/time to do table top wargaming and the like as well as a few current and former service. Too bad you are all the way in SV.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Ghoul on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:57 pm

I've quickly realized that Sierra Vista is not a mecca of geekdom. I subscribe to the idea that if you can't find a group to join, make one from scratch. There isn't enough hours in the day or time in the week to be an ARMY officer, Command an airsoft team, be the Dungeon Master, compete in Magic:TG tournaments, race the motorcycles, and play all the PC video games I want to. But, darn, isn't it great to have options? For now, airsoft has my attention and I hope I can contribute something lasting to the community.

Did I mention I'm lucky enough to have an awesome wife that not only supports these endeavors but does them as well?
Ghoul
Private

Next

Return to Introductions