Does Tucson need a new airsoft/ paintball playing field?

New to the board? Please introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Does Tucson need a new airsoft/ paintball playing field?

Postby Mclovin on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:16 pm

if you want to open a field you may want to have a good mix of cqb with open fields as most of us normally play open fields with no buildings and if so we generally avoid them. Most of us on here are avid players when we can get to play. with the local fields such as Toxic which is the only sole purpose airsoft field its issues are that it is to small to hold a large amount of players and it is out in bfe which makes out 15$ feel more like 20-30$. meanwhile DP is a multipurpose that allows for paintball as well however i prefer to avoid going there because 1) most of the paintballers are dicks and will hit us as well as not making a fence to prevent such things. 2) there are not many airsofters to play with and some of them are not of a good crowd as well as most of the rest of the people. 3) Honestly i would like to prevent paintball paint from getting on my gear when i have to get cover or prone but at DP such a thing does not exist. Price wise 10-15$ for those of us with our own gear would sound nice but prices can be changed. If you would like to know more why not come meet some of the more regulars and talk with them for some better info.
Mclovin
Sergeant

Postby Firemann on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:57 am

Mclovin wrote:if you want to open a field you may want to have a good mix of cqb with open fields as most of us normally play open fields with no buildings and if so we generally avoid them. Most of us on here are avid players when we can get to play. with the local fields such as Toxic which is the only sole purpose airsoft field its issues are that it is to small to hold a large amount of players and it is out in bfe which makes out 15$ feel more like 20-30$. meanwhile DP is a multipurpose that allows for paintball as well however i prefer to avoid going there because 1) most of the paintballers are dicks and will hit us as well as not making a fence to prevent such things. 2) there are not many airsofters to play with and some of them are not of a good crowd as well as most of the rest of the people. 3) Honestly i would like to prevent paintball paint from getting on my gear when i have to get cover or prone but at DP such a thing does not exist. Price wise 10-15$ for those of us with our own gear would sound nice but prices can be changed. If you would like to know more why not come meet some of the more regulars and talk with them for some better info.

When do the regulars usually play and where at?
Firemann
Recruit

Postby Mclovin on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:30 pm

saturdays and you can look at the calender for times and can always ask for the place
Mclovin
Sergeant

Postby The Honey Badger on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:14 pm

Firemann wrote:I heard Disruptive is building something like a 44 acre playing field for both paintball and airsoft. Honestly, I just want a place to play that has both open field and CQB with two story buildings. That would be wonderful.

DP is opening and airsoft only field
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby The Honey Badger on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Hawk Eye wrote:I plan to have a 10 acre field with an open area leading to a number of hard structures. What would be most attractive to players?

TAC is the majority of the MilSim (less paintball more tactical simulation) community here in Tucson. There are are "fields" on both sides of town, and for the most part "we" seldom use them. Some of us never have. There are many things wrong with the fields and few things right. First and foremost, they are a business. Meaning they are out to make money. This means there needs to be a wide customer base and more lax maturity tolerance to make the money from. Most of us have little patience for the less mature. Its not truely about age though, I have seen some real mature and honorable 12 year olds.

Hawk Eye wrote:What do you want from you're local airsoft? What is missing? Where would be a good place for a huge playing area?

Real CQB. Buildings are nice but bare unprotected approaches and players to immature to follow minimum engagement rules are a recipe for hurt.

Hawk Eye wrote:How many airsofters or paintballers are out there?

There are tons of players in the immature category and a 50+ resposible, honerable players. Most of which (the good ones) only play large milsim games and seldom/never come out for "pick up" games or frequent "fields"

Hawk Eye wrote:Anything you can think of? I am new to airsoft, but one thing I know is that when people are into this sport their dedication is powerful. I look forward to each and every reply! Thank you.

If you are looking to start a "field" you will do fine. If you are hard lined with your rules and use the "National Standards" (our rules here used to be the standard but event coordinators such as OLCMSS lowered their FPS limits last year and we are 10fps higher than the standard) for your rule set, had knowledgeable and honerable staff that could put together objective based scenarios together, and had a field that was unique, you would have the best clients but fewer of them.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby KileyHAZ on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:10 pm

If your an investor then you probably have done the research already, but here goes...

A few minutes with the yellow pages and a call to the local airsoft business here and in Phoenix will tell you it wont sustain a full time business as airsoft alone. Part time it does ok and if you have an edge (such as already own land for development) you might come out ahead, but there simply are not enough players in the area that are willing to pay to keep you in the black every month. You could probably get by with adding paintball but its going to be a hard fight with established fields like DP and Desert Fox.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby Firemann on Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:56 am

The Honey Badger wrote:
Firemann wrote:I heard Disruptive is building something like a 44 acre playing field for both paintball and airsoft. Honestly, I just want a place to play that has both open field and CQB with two story buildings. That would be wonderful.

DP is opening and airsoft only field

Yeah, like 22 acres or something.
Firemann
Recruit

Previous

Return to Introductions