A 'read only' archive of past events

Moderator: Moderators

9/19/09 Sasco Scenario

Postby PhaedrusZen on Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:50 am

Tug of WAR

Allied Forces
(TAN)
Objective:
You are a part of AFSR (Allied Forces Search & Rescue). You have just been informed that an aircraft carrying sensitive material has gone down in enemy territory and that there is one surviving pilot. You must make your way to the crash site and secure the package and withdraw along with the survivor to the extrication point, where you will call in your position and sit tight.

There are known hostiles in the area with a communications site near the crash site. It may be beneficial to destroy the Communications tower to disrupt enemy forces.

Primary objective:

*Recover the package and defend it at your base.
Secondary objectives:
*Destroy the enemy communications tower.
*Rescue the pilot, and return him to your base.
Victory condition:
Return to your extrication site with the recovered package. Defend your location and wait for extrication.
(You will be advised when victory has been achieved.)

Elite Rebel Underground (ERU) (GREEN)
Objective:
You are a coalition of indigent rebels fighting against what you believe is a despotic government. Your squad was away from your base on patrol when one of your observation posts reported an aircraft that went down and forwarded your team the approximate location, in close proximity to a rebel operated communications site. You have been ordered to secure the crash site and salvage anything that may be of use in providing intel about the enemy.

Primary objective:
*Recover the package and defend it at your base.
Secondary objectives:
*Defend your communications tower.
*Capture the pilot and return him to your base.
Victory condition:
Secure any recovered material back at your base and defend against any possible enemy recovery team until another rebel force can arrive to transport it to ERU HQ.
(You will be advised when victory has been achieved.)

Setup and play:

Both teams will begin at their designated FOBs. Play will be started at designated times over the radios. Both sides may be receiving intel over their radios, so they are highly recommended.

Special rules for this scenario:

There will be a gurney at the crash site that is representative of the injured pilot. AFSR needs to bring this gurney to their base to complete the objective. The gurney may NOT be moved without someone in it. It doesn't have to be the same person the entire time, and the person on the gurney is subject to the same kill and respawn rules as anyone else. They may shoot while on the gurney. If they are shot, they may choose to remain on the gurney without shooting, or get off and respawn, at which point the gurney stops moving until someone else is in it (once you are on the gurney, the only way off is to respawn. You may not step off the gurney and back into action). If the gurney bearers are killed, the person on the gurney may continue to fight from the gurney or choose to call a hit and proceed as normal to a respawn point. The gurney may be abandoned and recaptured later, but is not to move without someone in it. The ERU may "capture" the pilot by taking the gurney and moving it back to their base in the same manner above (i.e. an ERU player must be in the gurney for it to be moved). For safety reasons, please DO NOT RUN with the gurney. If you are caught running, anyone on or holding the gurney will be called out and forced to respawn. Repeated running will be dealt with accordingly.

There are different consequences based on choices in the battlefield while completing the objectives. These will be communicated to players as they occur in the game.

Respawn:

There is no respawn time limit. After donning a death rag, players must simply return to their home base or to their inital spawn points. Upon physically touching the base, they are immediately back in play; there is no waiting period either on the field or at the base. If the base is under attack, players must proceed to the initial respawn point. The initial respawn points are not within playable boundaries, and opposing forces should concentrate on completing their objective. (Basically, no spawn camping at INITIAL spawn points, however if they take your BASE...well, take it back!) IF for any reason you need to step out of the scenario (to fix a gun, take a break, whatever) put on your death rag, move to the staging area, and take care of business. Tag your base to get back into action.

Be loaded and ready to play by 6am. Guns up at 6:30 SHARP. Arrive early!
This should be a fast paced, tactical scenario with some challenging physical aspects. I would recommend packing light. (Remember, your respawn down time is only limited by how fast you tag your base and get back into action.)

I'm opening this up to Team Requests, but I may ask for some changes to balance teams. (Teams designated by armband, but similar camo I'm sure will help during the heat of the fight. You can edit your original posts or PM me with your preferences and camo...I'll be checking old posts for updates.

AFSR (Tan) _____________________________ERU (Green)
Bio____________________________________IconArmsDealer
Quadro_________________________________75th Ranger
Buddha_________________________________Joseph GD
AP_____________________________________MusicMan
Boles___________________________________Genji09
KileyHAZ________________________________Cpt. Wonton
Pryde___________________________________NHTucsonaz
Dorado Fever____________________________Seal-4-Life
Buffalo_________________________________Clayton
Seedy__________________________________Entreri
David__________________________________Tmog66
Friendly Fire____________________________Gills
Team Mile High (13 members)_____________Ghost Brandon
_______________________________________Cranford
_______________________________________Rogue Fox
_______________________________________Ben
_______________________________________Striker (Admin) (+-2)
_______________________________________Airbornemedic (+-4)
Last edited by PhaedrusZen on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Re: 9/19/09 NWops Scenario

Postby HiSkoolFunf on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:29 pm

Sounds like a solid scenario you got going.
HiSkoolFunf
Private 1st Class

Postby dejavu on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:58 pm

This sounds like it could be pretty fun, as long as it doesn't get too complicated. Good idea to plan far in advanced.
dejavu
Master Sergeant

Postby BIO on Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:16 pm

I'm in
BIO
TAC Treasurer

Postby ultimentra on Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:41 pm

This sounds really cool, sign me up! 8-)
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby PhaedrusZen on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:59 pm

I want this to be a little more than a run & gun kind of game. It's going to involve some decision making about priorities and an element of physical tasks. The spawn rules are meant to keep the game flowing fairly quickly, and the objectives will require teamwork to complete. I'm expecting everyone to have a good workout by the end of the game. :)

Any questions, comments or suggestions are more than welcome.
sky soldier wrote:...Oh wait, nevermind his lips are painted orange, they must not be real cuss words.
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Postby combine21 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:08 am

Ill be 14 by then sign me up man.
combine21
Private 1st Class

Postby quadro on Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:04 am

combine21 wrote:Ill be 14 by then sign me up man.

Make sure a parent/guardian will be playing with you otherwise you will not be able to play per TAC rules and regulations.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Postby combine21 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:13 am

quadro wrote:
combine21 wrote:Ill be 14 by then sign me up man.

Make sure a parent/guardian will be playing with you otherwise you will not be able to play per TAC rules and regulations.

Yea i definetely need to get my Mom or someone that plays airsoft to go with me. But i know it wont be my mom but in any other case yea definetely.

EDIT: i CANT GO IM GOING TO YUMA THAT WEEKEND TAKE ME OFF THE LIST THANKS!
Last edited by combine21 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
combine21
Private 1st Class

Postby tmog66 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:14 pm

sure ill try to be there. multicam
"clever girl...yar!!!.....snarf...." and he was no more.
tmog66
Recruit

Next

Return to Archived Event Posts