Forum Down Time

Important Announcements from leadership

Moderator: Moderators

Forum Down Time

Postby KileyHAZ on Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:30 am

Many of you have probably noticed we had 2 or 3 outages this past few days that were several hours each. This is due to our hosting provider getting 'denial of service' (dos) attacks. These attacks flood the host with fake url requests which grind the host to a stop as if they were experiencing horrendous traffic load.

I am working on getting us moved over to a new hosting service which has better support and better load balancing in an effort to proactively prevent this from happening again.

Expect there to be a short outtage initiated by me when the new host is setup and being tested. This outtage will be short but needs to happen so that I can sync the two forums and not loose any posts. I will drop a post letting folks know whats going on when this takes place.

Thank you for your understanding.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Re: Forum Down Time

Postby KileyHAZ on Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:13 pm

Heads up! I'll probably do the migration on Saturday afternoon. Expect the forums to be down for an hour or two. You will know when it happens as the forums will be reachable but you will not be able to login.
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby KileyHAZ on Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:00 pm

Forum will be moved to a new host today, expect some down time.
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby KileyHAZ on Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:13 pm

Forum has been successfully moved to a new host! Please let me know if you have any issues. You can reach me at kileyhaz@gmail.com

The only thing you may see is that you may not be able to use your password to log back in if it was sufficiently long or had strange characters. If that is the case simply use the link for resetting a forgotten password and reset it.

Thank you all for your patience, this new host should be much more stable.
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Return to Announcements