Mile High Event at Copper Basin Nov 7, '09 16yr+

A 'read only' archive of past events

Moderator: Moderators

Mile High Event at Copper Basin Nov 7, '09 16yr+

Postby AxisOfOil on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:25 pm

This is not a TAC event. The TAC organization allows this information to be made available on its web site to enhance public knowledge and promote a better understanding of local airsoft events. The TAC organization attempts to provide accurate, complete, and timely information on any given event posted on this site but cannot guarantee the information about this event as it is hosted by another group. TAC assumes no risk or liability in the content of this event nor endorses or opposes its orchestration. Attendance is at will and at the attendees own risk.

Mile High Airsoft is proud to announce our first event on Saturday November 07, in Prescott, AZ.

Schedule:
9:00am - Quick tour of the field for anyone interested.
Chrono opens
10:15am- Safety Briefing
10:30am -Game Briefing
11:00am -Guns Up... Game time!

For liability reasons, we can only allow adults (18+) and 16+year olds (with a parent present at the field) to attend.

The Game!

This will be a force on force game with multiple objectives and a focus on recon and rapid troop deployment. There will be two primary forces: the UPN Force in tan-based patterns and the local Calamitania Military Junta in green-based patterns (colors will be adjusted for the sake of balance and teams will be further separated with the use of armbands). Each team will complete objectives to gain points.

The Field:
The field is located in the an alpine forest with terrain composed of a mix of trees, rocky outcroppings, and some scrub. There will be no CQC situations and, while there is a good supply of cover in most areas, long sight lines will be prevalent.

Directions to the field:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&do ... 09&t=h&z=7

Key Points
Map/Coordinates/Key Points
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie ... 8&t=h&z=14

Pictures to go with Key Points
http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f209/ ... asin%20AO/

Premise:
An aging UPN (United Principalities of Nod) spy satellite reaches the end of its lifespan and is set to de-orbit and burn in the atmosphere. However, a malfunction causes it to change trajectory and a portion survives re-entry. This portion includes the nuclear fuel used to power the satellite. Most of the debris lands within the nation of Calamatania, controlled by a hostile military junta, which seizes the opportunity to further their nuclear weapons program. A UPN task force is dispatched in an effort to recover the lost fuel. Further complicating matters, rumor of the event has spread sufficiently far to attract the interest of various private contractors looking to capitalize on situation.

Objectives:

The Calamitanian primary objective will be to collect enough fuel to create a bomb, which they then must hold long enough for their nuclear scientist to complete before extracting from the field.

The UPN force will be trying to prevent this by both collecting fuel and capturing the nuclear scientist.

-Pieces of fuel can only be moved if placed within a designated containment canister (each team will be provided with several).

Each team will have a complement of secondary objectives, given to them separately in the briefing, which can be completed for additional points. They will range from capturing persons of interest, to securing intel or rescuing wounded comrades. These will be worth enough points that each team can still achieve victory if they cannot accomplish their primary objective. There will also be a number of tactical objectives throughout the game that do not reward any points, but instead yield in-game benefits such as intel or temporary respawn points.

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT:

FPS Limits:
-AEG: 1.6Joules or ~420fps with .20g bb
-Sniper (semi-only): 3.5Joules or ~ 617 fps with .20g bb *see below for sniper limitations*

Minimum Engagement Distance:
25ft for AEG’s and 75ft* for snipers. Within 25ft, players are expected to call either safety-kill or parley based upon the situation.
*Snipers must carry sidearms or a backup to use within 75ft. Snipers may NOT fire their primary weapon within 75 feet, and "Safety Kill" is NOT extended to 75 feet, however. That is why a sidearm is essential for snipers.

Hits:
All hits to your person or gear, no matter how minor, count as kills.
If your gun is hit, you must switch to a backup. If you do not have a backup, you are out.

Respawns:
Respawns will operate on the Rule of 3’s. You may respawn after you have been waiting at the designated respawn point for three minutes, or after you have assembled a group of three dead players at a respawn point, whichever comes first.

Further discussion of the rules will occur during the briefing.

Camping is available on site. It will probably be rather cold at night, so if you plan to camp, come prepared.
This was posted incorrectly before. There is a dispersed camp site just before the staging area.
+34° 29' 55.68", -112° 32' 27.36"

There is no fee for this game, and we are hoping for as many people to come as possible.

If you are interested in coming up and seeing what we have to offer, Post here and let me know if you want to come.

Current Roster
MHA (15-30, will be split up + admin etc... don't worry, we're not going to go us vs. everyone else on our home turf)
NHtucsonAZ +2
Quadro
Bio
Boles
Buddha23861
Buffalo
Azsworst
B3ANZOR +2
Shadowviper +1-2
Dr. J
Trees
Under 90 degree weather (for those of you looking to cool off)

Tentative Players: (I think I can, I think I can)
XavierMace
Screwloose

-Dan "LP" Tyler
-Secretary (of War) to Mile High Airsoft
Last edited by AxisOfOil on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 23 times in total.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Re: Mile High Event at Copper Basin Nov 7, '09

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:41 am

Desert Hawks should be a go for this one. I'll update our RSVP number as I coordinate with team members. One thing that will make it easier for me to gauge attendance is getting directions to the AO so we can plan drive time etc.

Posting what factions are playing is also good information once you have them locked down. We can field a few impressions of both green and tan uniforms but others outside the team may have to chose one or the other and plan accordingly.

Looking forward to this!
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby AxisOfOil on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:31 am

I'll get you somewhere close right now... I should be able to have good driving directions to the AO within a couple days (Have to talk to the people who actually know the road names, no more than 20 mins from downtown prescott though, and most normal cars "ie, not lowered" can make it to the staging area.)

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=W+Cop ... F8&t=h&z=7

I believe that gets you to the correct road, and the AO isn't far from there.
I will get GPS coords and actual directions soon.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby KileyHAZ on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:33 am

Thank you! Close is good enough for our planning purposes. Looks to be about a 4 hour trip from central Tucson doing the speed limit.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby AxisOfOil on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:30 am

The game rules and basic scenario have been posted.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby Striker on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:47 pm

This looks like it could turn out to be decent event. Im looking forward to the change of venue. Hopefully I will be able to make it.
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby AxisOfOil on Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Hope to see you there. and I hope everyone else that has viewed this (Over 60 views last I checked) can also come. The more the merrier.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby ultimentra on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:53 am

I am gonna talk to the other commandos and see if we can make it up there. It sounds like a good game.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby AxisOfOil on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:50 am

Great!!!
Just keep me updated on how many and what camo patterns thr 49th is going to show up with.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby ultimentra on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:55 pm

If we do go it will be multicam.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Next

Return to Archived Event Posts