9/19/09 Sasco Scenario

A 'read only' archive of past events

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 9/19/09 Sasco Scenario

Postby AxisOfOil on Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:39 pm

Okay, thanks.

So the southern route is the best bet for getting normal cars out there?
We have a lot of people coming a long way... and not all of us will be in trucks/etc.

Can we camp out the night before? (It's a 4 hour drive or so if we have to take the detour posted on the SASCO directions page)
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby PhaedrusZen on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:06 pm

It's a nice place to camp out. Just be sure to break camp in time for the game. If you can drop me a PM when you get a more solid count, it'd be appreciated. Also if you could give me details on whether you all want to be on the same team, or if you're ok with getting split up, it'd help. Thanks!
sky soldier wrote:...Oh wait, nevermind his lips are painted orange, they must not be real cuss words.
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Postby KileyHAZ on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:17 am

AxisOfOil wrote:Okay, thanks.

So the southern route is the best bet for getting normal cars out there?
We have a lot of people coming a long way... and not all of us will be in trucks/etc.

Can we camp out the night before? (It's a 4 hour drive or so if we have to take the detour posted on the SASCO directions page)

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10

If you look a paragraph or two down on the first post there is an 'alternate directions' entry. It has you going to Marana and getting off on Avra Valley road. That route adds about 30 to 45 minutes to the drive time but is passable by car as long as it is no real wet from rains.

The route through Sasco and Le Osa will take you through the river and will be a 'risky' crossing for cars or other low clearance vehicles.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby NHtucsonaz on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:39 am

count me in..if you need me tan(multicam) or green im fine eather team
NHtucsonaz
Sergeant

Postby Savage on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:06 pm

99.5% chance that I will be there. I'm most likely gonna camp it up at this infamous wash/river crossing, and hitch a ride with someone in the morning.
Count one in in multicam and ghille.
Also, is anyone going to bring a tank of water? I think everyone would be at least a little glad.
I may be bringing a +1 :twisted:
Last edited by Savage on Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby PhaedrusZen on Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:53 am

I should be able to have a water station for those who run dry. It's always appreciated if people can bring extra though.
sky soldier wrote:...Oh wait, nevermind his lips are painted orange, they must not be real cuss words.
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Postby ultimentra on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:07 pm

How long will each skirmish be? Are we looking at 40 min- hour scenarios or hour to 2hour scenarios?
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby PhaedrusZen on Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:07 pm

I'm expecting this will take at least a couple of hours to play out, possibly more, and it's a little flexible so it can be tweaked as we go depending on how the scenario goes.
It will be one continuous scenario with multiple objectives, so I highly encourage you all to be familiar with the objectives in the main post, especially if you plan on volunteering for a leadership role on your team. I'll be asking for two team leaders on game day. They will have the option to organize their teams as they see fit. (Kind of like HHE, but on a smaller scale.)

Again, be sure to be well hydrated and prepared (i.e sleep and eat) for this event. The best examples I can give you are the fact that one of the objectives involves carrying a person from point A to point B, and the faster you get back to your respawn, the faster you get back into the game... it'll be a workout by the end of the day. :twisted:

Possibly, there will be a short scenario afterward, but at the least we can expect pickup games for as long as people stick around. (I'll be sitting out the main scenario to admin, but that doesn't mean I don't want to play, right? :D )
PhaedrusZen
Executive Advisor

Postby TucsonAirsoft on Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:15 pm

were is this going to take place.
TucsonAirsoft
Recruit

Postby azsworst on Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:18 pm

SASCO, as stated in the title
TAC 2009 Shooters Competition: I came, I saw.....I conqured
I am like the old puma, I will sit and wait a long ass time for you to RUN by then jump you from behind and bam your my diner.........
azsworst
Executive Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Event Posts