Mile High Event at Copper Basin Nov 7, '09 16yr+

A 'read only' archive of past events

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Mile High Event at Copper Basin Nov 7, '09

Postby Savage on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:34 am

I don't live in Tuscon ;)
And according to my possible +1, who works for the forest service, has quite a rant about how it's perfectly OK to camp there.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby KileyHAZ on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:52 am

Savage wrote:I don't live in Tuscon ;)
And according to my possible +1, who works for the forest service, has quite a rant about how it's perfectly OK to camp there.

It is their venue, please don't put it at risk by camping there when they have asked you not to do so. It should be easy enough to find a spot close enough to the site but not at it, assuming those are the accommodations you need for your commute.

My impression is that is all they are asking. After all, should the Forest Service have a specific reason for that area being closed to camping, do we really want it coming back on the head of our hosts?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby AxisOfOil on Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:11 am

Thank you kiley, that's exactly what I was asking.
And, if your friend at the forest service thinks its alright to camp there, why are there forest service signs posted that say no camping? When he shows up in a forest service vehicle on duty and removes the signs, then it will be okay to camp there imo. Until then, please don't get the forest service angry at us, this is one of our favorite places to play and we don't want to lose our privilege to play there.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby Savage on Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:23 pm

He's a jerk is all, and I was being one too. I'll be camping somewhere within driving distance, or I'll just drive out. I may have a +1 with me
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I just have a bad sense of humor.
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby AxisOfOil on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:29 pm

Savage wrote:He's a jerk is all, and I was being one too. I'll be camping somewhere within driving distance, or I'll just drive out. I may have a +1 with me
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I just have a bad sense of humor.

Tell you what...
Make it up to me by showing up and having a great time? :mrgreen:

Lol. But seriously, I take everything except a direct attack on me or my team as lightly as possible.

But seriously... if yogi the bear gets pissed at me because of you... I may have to eat your pets.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby Savage on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:18 pm

Fair enough. Again, sorry.
Will there be a big communal campsite of guys from out of town for the game? (Not on-site 8-) )
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby T3hl33tn00b on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:02 pm

Savage wrote:Fair enough. Again, sorry.
Will there be a big communal campsite of guys from out of town for the game? (Not on-site 8-) )

I was hoping for one, I need to either get some spare cash for new tires, or a ride, but if I am driving up, I'd be camping out Friday night.
T3hl33tn00b
Master Sergeant

Postby AxisOfOil on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:06 pm

There are plenty of campsites around the national forest.
Our team won't be setting up camp anywhere as of this moment.

I will ask around about a place to recommend, but all the campsites around here that I know of are pay-sites (the downside to living in one of the 'most beautiful' areas in the country)
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

Postby Savage on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:40 pm

Alright, I'll wait for the news. If not, there's bound to be an unsupervised meadow somewhere within a half hour or so. I'll try something from sat imaging, in a bit, and I'll probably drive over friday morning. Kiley, would it be OK with TAC rules if I brought my real-steel for shooting friday afternoon only? (Absolutely not at the game. Providing I find a safe area)
Savage
Master Sergeant

Postby AxisOfOil on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:00 pm

Savage wrote:Alright, I'll wait for the news. If not, there's bound to be an unsupervised meadow somewhere within a half hour or so. I'll try something from sat imaging, in a bit, and I'll probably drive over friday morning. Kiley, would it be OK with TAC rules if I brought my real-steel for shooting friday afternoon only? (Absolutely not at the game. Providing I find a safe area)

I don't know about TAC rules...
BUT There are plenty of places in the national forest that people shoot. If you're doing it somewhere besides the AO, it's your business as far as I'm concerned. Just make sure the real steel is completely unloaded, locked up, and stowed away anytime you're near the game, of course.
AxisOfOil
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Event Posts