Stalker: Episode 1 - 5/14/11

A 'read only' archive of past events

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Stalker: Episode 1 - 5/14/11

Postby IconarmsDealer on Tue May 17, 2011 3:06 pm

THKInternational wrote:I agree there is work to be done but please start the game a little bit earlier

Ah Heck im not very concerned about start time..Heat Well Im a native and with proper preperation heat is not a big deal.Drink, drink , drink.
Staring to early can actual be as bad as it is good. Some folks just cant roll out of bed ao Oh'Darkthirty.
Just be strict, and on time.
If crono is 0730 then thats the time \If Guns up is at 0800-Stay with it.
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Crono0001 on Tue May 17, 2011 4:54 pm

Yea, Icon has it right. If you can't stand the heat, you're in the wrong state anyways. I started airsofting during the summers of AZ, and usually wouldn't leave until it was past noon. I don't know what half the people were thinking leaving at 9:30, so much potential game time left.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby SinfulPain on Tue May 17, 2011 5:06 pm

Does anyone know the forum name of the guy that was taking pictures, though? I know he took a few of me, when I was plinking with my L96, and I'd love to have a few of those.

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby RamboReserekted on Tue May 17, 2011 11:09 pm

I've suffered heat exhaustion multiple times, to the point I had tunnel vision.. anyway, my understanding is once it happens you're more susceptible to it in the future... I was drinking water the whole time and I could've gone ALL day running at the hard pace I was, I wasn't taking a walk in the park... anyway, try going out for a jog or something in the evening, it'll get you in shape, then make sure to eat a hearty breakfast and drink plenty water... there's no reason for people to be pooped by 11am... the weather actually got really nice when everybody left, that breeze was awesome... but maybe I'm just crazy, after being in Iraq where it was 145 degrees F, and the body armor added 10 degrees since your sweat didn't actually cool you off... but 90-100 degrees, really? that ain't shit... not for people who live in the desert... FYI Alaska is a couple thousand miles north... ;)

but again, I was greatly disappointed that just because we took a break, that everyone left, I know 60 people all didn't have something more important to do.. maybe a few, but almost everyone left... why the hell did yo drive out that far just for a 2 hour game??? I know I didn't, but I didn't have much of a choice, shooting bushes isn't as much fun, so I had to go home... :roll:
RamboReserekted
Private

Postby Crono0001 on Wed May 18, 2011 12:40 am

RamboReserekted wrote:I've suffered heat exhaustion multiple times, to the point I had tunnel vision.. anyway, my understanding is once it happens you're more susceptible to it in the future... I was drinking water the whole time and I could've gone ALL day running at the hard pace I was, I wasn't taking a walk in the park... anyway, try going out for a jog or something in the evening, it'll get you in shape, then make sure to eat a hearty breakfast and drink plenty water... there's no reason for people to be pooped by 11am... the weather actually got really nice when everybody left, that breeze was awesome... but maybe I'm just crazy, after being in Iraq where it was 145 degrees F, and the body armor added 10 degrees since your sweat didn't actually cool you off... but 90-100 degrees, really? that ain't shit... not for people who live in the desert... FYI Alaska is a couple thousand miles north... ;)

but again, I was greatly disappointed that just because we took a break, that everyone left, I know 60 people all didn't have something more important to do.. maybe a few, but almost everyone left... why the hell did yo drive out that far just for a 2 hour game??? I know I didn't, but I didn't have much of a choice, shooting bushes isn't as much fun, so I had to go home... :roll:

We had pistol fights; was good. I owe you one from that "almost" blindfire around the corner. That was a nice shot :)
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby RamboReserekted on Wed May 18, 2011 12:44 am

I loved it, but after the last fight everyone was gone! to my disappointment... and yes, it was almost a blind fire I'll admit... I rely on peripheral vision very much, and saw you the second I came around the corner... but I had to do what I had to do (cover fire)... If it makes you feel better my entire right arm is black and red from the shotgun I was shot with! (to this day) (i was shot before I even saw the shooter!)
RamboReserekted
Private

Postby IconarmsDealer on Wed May 18, 2011 7:39 am

I departed after the stalker portion was done. Not due to the heat..I have this little thing called Children! Nasty little things,But I understand the pretty much go away after 18 + years :D
Seriously though-Heat injury is bad news, and can kill you.Its not sweating its when you STOP sweating that you are in big trouble That means the tank is empty! :shock:
Start hydrating the night before..Stay away from Salty foods, and DONT DRINK BEER.

Eat a good pasta meal for the Carbs, and drink lots of good old fashion H2O.
You should feel the need to urinate avery 15 min +/-, Your Urin should be clear, and colorless. Dark urin and a strong smell = dehydration. Do not wait until you are thirsty to drink. Do not Save your water if you have gallon drink it.
Coconut water is almost the same PH and make up of our Blood. It works better than Sports drinks. Test it!
Next time you are out having a few Brews drink abig can or two of Coconut water, before ypu rack out. Wake up and hammer another one..will prevent or shorten that hangover feeling.
Hangovers are cuased by dehydration of your Cells..
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Crono0001 on Wed May 18, 2011 8:03 am

IconarmsDealer wrote: DONT DRINK BEER.

I think 80% of the games I go to, I am hungover.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Wed May 18, 2011 2:44 pm

Crono0001 wrote:
IconarmsDealer wrote: DONT DRINK BEER.

I think 80% of the games I go to, I am hungover.

well Im not going to act like your Dad , but if your hungover 80% of the games, then you are not on top of your game.You also run the risk of placing others at risk, or stalling the game while they carry your limp life less corps back to the Staging area, where we will go through all of your kit and divide it up amongst us. Of course we will then place your body into weird and distastefull positions and take photos that we will place on face book. :oops:
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby KileyHAZ on Thu May 19, 2011 7:01 pm

I'm really tired of everyone droning on and on about water, booze, and bread. So... I cleaned up a few posts and we are calling this good. Thanks for the game, hope you have the feedback you need. Thread locked.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Previous

Return to Archived Event Posts