Stalker: Episode 1 - 5/14/11

A 'read only' archive of past events

Moderator: Moderators

Stalker: Episode 1 - 5/14/11

Postby Exarach on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:40 pm

In 2006, a second, catastrophic, and unexplained explosion occurred inside the Chernobyl exclusion zone, no reports were released, and no data made available to any public sources, but the rumor was that a second meltdown had occurred, and created a new infected area around the plant. Simply dubbed "The Zone" this second blast area not only destroyed the area surrounding the doomed Number 4 reactor, but began to mutate and alter the surrounding landscape, it continued to grow in both size and potency.

Following the reports of strange occurrences, and the appearance "anomalies," areas completely mutated by the zone, that produced strange and powerful objects, the Russian Military rushed into the zone in an attempt to secure its borders, and probe the depths in search of new sciences and valuable technologies. They were met headlong by groups and individuals, know simply as ''S.T.A.L.K.E.R's" to the Russian forces, who appeared in an attempt to claim the fantastic riches, fame, and fortune that they perceived within the zone. They encountered strong resistance and unabashed loathing from the Russian military forces, who viewed they as pathetic scavengers, determined thieves, and unruly outlaws. Tensions escalated quickly, and the Stalkers were forced to sneek into the zone undected, or fight/bribe there way through the Russian lines.

Early on morning of May 12th, the Russian HQ received a garbled distress call from a convey on the outskirts of the exclusion zone, the message was largely unintelligible, but the Russian forces reacted quickly. A full company of the Russians finest forward infantry was sent to recover any information they could about the convey, as it had been carrying a payload of cargo deemed "Of extreme importance" to the future of the Russian people. When the forces arrived, they found the convey in ruins, and the cargo missing, scattered all across the surrounding zone ..... there were no signs of what had occurred there.

The Russian forward team was immediately reassigned to figure out whatever they could about the nature of the accident, and to retrieve the cargo at all costs, crushing all those who stood in there way.

Meanwhile the S.T.A.L.K.E.R's Alerted to the area by a large explosion, begin to arrive in ever increasing swarms, determined to obtain the convoys cargo, and either sell it for the largest paycheck available, or use it to there own ends. To them, this haul is worth there lives in a gamble for there futures, some will go home rich and prosperous, and some will never return at all.....

And all the while, a creeping menace lurks in the shadows of the zone, eying both sides with hunger and interest....seeking to further its own insidious plans......

When: May 14th 2011
Where: SASCO AO
Arrival 7:00am
Chrono 7:30 SHARP!
Game begins 8:00

Main game will last 3-4 hours, I can go longer, but I will need to see what condition everyone is in. Possibly a pistol challenge or two in the ruins afterwards.

This game is designed to be a good "first step" if you will into the STALEKR series. It will incorporate several hard gameplay elements, as well as a few new twists on the usual gameplay strategy.

This current Episode of STALKER, will be a Daytime, objective based, early series game.
What this means for the players:
Day game: Going to need the usual water/sunscreen, good clothes and shoes
Objective based: Be prepared for props and real-world objectives
Early Series: Stalkers are going to be relatively well equipped, both sides still have good ammo reserves, and both the Russians and the STALKERS are able to be resupplied.

Basic Rules:
FPS is limited to the Standard TAC limits, found here:
http://tucsonairsoftcoalition.com/news/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=31

All rifles will be chrono'd and marked, anyone caught using a non-marked or modified marked arm will be asked to leave.
Radios are not required, but will come in handy.
There are no mag restrictions for this episode of STALKER, but, in the essence of milsim, once players leave there cars for the staging zone, they will not be allowed to return there for ammo. All ammunition and magazines that are going to be used during the op, must be carried with the players, or stashed in-game.
Same goes for water. Water is not provided, so your going to need your own, and to carry/stash it.

NO PYROTECHNICS ALLOWED
Do not bring real guns to this event, if you are planning to shoot RS elsewhere after the game, find a safe place
for your guns and leave them there.

Now onto the fun stuff

Russians!

Players will be tasked with a series of objectives, with some specialized tasks. The Russians seek to retrieve and lockdown the lost contents of there convoy, at the same time, protecting as much of it as possible, and preventing as many of the STALKERS from gaining a foothold in the zone.

The Russian team will be tasked with recovery and safeguard of the cargo.
The Russian force will be squad based, and must follow all of the game requirements above.
The Russians will be working in squads and small units for the duration of the game, so be sure to pick your comrades wisely!

Each Russian squad MUST be able to contact the other Russian squads. This means that at least one person in each Russian group must have a radio. I know this isn't a problem for many of you, but it is a requirement, so make sure your group has a radio operator.

The Russians have no uniform requirements, other than woodland camo. THAT SAID, Russian Milsim/replica squads, and teams with Russian kit, WILL be given first priority, I know we have enough of them out there.

I am looking at currently opening (20) slots for Russian team members, this cap will only be increased If the STALKERS fill out at a similar rate. The Russian forces must be divided into squads of 4 or 5, until a cap of 20 players is reached, so get those squad rsvps in early!

Join the Russian team if you are looking for a more tightly knit, squad based, for the motherland action!

I am looking for stalwart Russian soldiers to get to the bottom of a good investigation, and recover some valuable cargo for the good of the motherland, no questions asked.

1. Mahabra695
2. TBA
3. Ultimentra
4. David23717
5. Lima Delta
6. MusicMan +2
7. Chistopher
8. +1
9. +2
10.+3
11. ICON
12. Gills
13. Genji09
14. Savage
15. T3hl33tn00b
16. SVT Cobra
17. Mcgee
18. +2
19. +3
20. Lonewolf
21. KileyHAZ
22. SittingKobra
23. TJC10
24. Buddah
25. Bio
26. Viperjet
27. Ben

S.T.A.L.K.E.R's

Stalkers can be anyone, and rage from highly trained ex-special forces agents, to ordinary civilians who have decided to stake a claim in the zone. They are all drawn to the same thing, money and adventure. Stalkers seek to make fame and fortune by selling any valuable intelligence they have gathered, as well as the mysterious "Artifacts" found deep inside the Chernobyl zone. Sometimes they group up to survive, and sometimes out of a desire to gain more than they could alone, however, not all Stalkers are as trustworthy as there fellows, and some will sell each other out for profit in the blink of an eye.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R's have no uniform requirements, this team will be marked with armbands. Stalkers have no mag restrictions other than the general game requirements.

I am looking for (20) Hardened adventurers and profit seekers to comb the face of the Chernobyl zone, join the STALKER's if you seek adventure, fortune, and the right to forge your own destiny!

1. Rogue Fox +2
2. Striker
3. 19dcav
4. +1 Warlord
5. +1 Warlord
6. +1 Warlord
7. +1 Warlord
8. TMills
9. Shadow
10. Sg-1
11. TPA Paradox
12. shinycrobat40
13. +1
14. +2
15. Combine21
16. RamboReserekted
17. Panther1
18. THK +2
19. airbornemedic +1
20. DRC92
21. +1
22. Bacardi75 +5
23. Mooncruiser
24. TwiceTheIce +1
25. Smoothcat
26. Clayton
27. Mclovin
28. Brad +6
29. Grandchamp7
30. NH +1

Hope to see you there! :D
Last edited by Exarach on Thu May 12, 2011 10:22 am, edited 45 times in total.
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Re: Stalker: Episode 1 - 5/14/11

Postby Mclovin on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:09 pm

YESSSS!!!!
This will be the best birthday weekend ever
Mclovin
Sergeant

Postby Exarach on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:05 pm

Infos up! Feel free to start signing in!
Please list if you have Russian Kit or not, when applying for the Russian forces.
Thanks!
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby Rogue Fox on Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:05 pm

put me down for stalkers since Ill be running a semi german loadout
Rogue Fox
Private

Postby Exarach on Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:19 pm

Rogue Fox wrote:put me down for stalkers since Ill be running a semi german loadout

Excellent! Will do.

First player reward assigned.
"Friendly fire isn't"

Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby mahabra695 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Put me down as Russian-Ill be in Russian kit
mahabra695
Sergeant

Postby Striker on Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:43 pm

Ill give this a try. I dont have a russian kit, so i guess that means in a stalker?
Striker
Executive Advisor

Postby Mclovin on Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:00 pm

ill play Russian in either semi russian load or wood cam but i also think that Lima will be in Russian loadout for this
ill have him say it tomorrow
Mclovin
Sergeant

Postby Exarach on Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:30 pm

Striker wrote:Ill give this a try. I dont have a russian kit, so i guess that means in a stalker?

You can be either, BUT if I get a full team of Russians, who all have full replica uniforms, they will bump into top slots, either way, you claim the last 3rd place applicant game award. :)

Let me know if you would like to be Russian or a Stalker. Either are awesome roles.
"Friendly fire isn't"

Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby ultimentra on Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:50 pm

Russian
ultimentra
TAC XO

Next

Return to Archived Event Posts