Stalker: Episode 1 - 5/14/11

A 'read only' archive of past events

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Stalker: Episode 1 - 5/14/11

Postby SinfulPain on Sun May 15, 2011 8:57 pm

Crono, THK, please take this to PM, rather than threadcrapping the thread.

Rambo,
Thank you for making the other thread. You don't have to keep the ideas specific to just the Stalker game. You can just bring up ideas in general, because someone else might find it useful to apply towards their game.

~Brian
Don't bother calling "Surrender" on me, unless you are A) Right by me or B) Shooting 450+ with .20's. I WILL shoot you if I see you, otherwise. I am stubborn, and don't like to surrender. Consider yourself warned.
SinfulPain
Sergeant

Postby Crono0001 on Sun May 15, 2011 9:01 pm

Flame wars are only fun if it's public for people to read and laugh.

Although, because you drove me home from that frat party and continued to drag my ass out to an airsoft game the morning after, I will refrain...

...At least, until THK retaliates. :mrgreen:
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby THKInternational on Mon May 16, 2011 6:39 am

Crono0001 wrote:Also, I'm appalled you are getting A's and B's in high school. No wonder American Education is failing.

Did you ever stop to think maybe he just chooses not to use correct grammar? Because as human beings we all have free will, I made the choice not to use correct grammar and I know that it is incorrect so stop being a pest!
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby yellow_fever on Mon May 16, 2011 6:47 am

When in doubt, call it out.
Savage wrote:Good to know snow camo isn't desert issue anymore.
yellow_fever
Sergeant

Postby Reaver on Mon May 16, 2011 10:57 am

Ok, after digesting the 'after action' reports, it's time for my two cents.

AFTER ACTION REPORT

OPERATION: STALKER EPISODE 1

ACTION AT SASCO

IN THREE SECTIONS

I -- PREFACE

II – NARRATIVE

III - SUMMARY

SECTION I - PREFACE
One day of action without need of relief or replacements required. Every mission accomplished. No ground gained was ever relinquished.

STALKER COMBAT EFFICIENCY: Excellent.

SECTION II - NARRATIVE

This is the after-action report for STALKER Operation, for actions performed on 14 MAY 2011.

The scenario was a good one, and ultimately I think a good idea. The only downside with it was the AO chosen for the time of year. Humping all over the desert to go back to spawn or deliver ammo cans gets rough in 90+ degree weather and most don't think it's fun after the first few trips.

Recommendation: During the summer months, chose AO's that allow for more shade. Or, find creative ways to keep spawn points at shorter distances, yet not interfere with game play. This will increase morale and keep player retention throughout the game.

On the issue of Russian performance and 'spawn camping'. In the first evolution of the operation, the Russian resistance was actually quite effective and aggressive at points. Our flanking maneuver was effective at taking and commanding the hill overlooking the entire AO. While there, I instructed my people NOT to shoot down at the Russian spawn point unless Russian forces started pushing up towards us... which never happened. We then got the word that we had been highly successful at gathering ammo boxes and decided to head down and 'kill more Russians,' as I was hoping to at least tag Kiley once in the game. ;)
When we headed down the hill, I instructed my squad to move wide left of the Russian base as to avoid spawn camping the field. The plan was to take out the rear guard and draw enemy forces away from the front line. The Russians did an excellent job at stopping our attempt. Kudos to the guy who shot me in the face. ;)
In the second evolution, the Russian defense was effective. It was not, however, very aggressive. As to the call of 'spawn camping' on this evolution, a number of active Russian soldiers where firing from the camp area. This left the STALKER side little choice but to lay fire on the spawn point area. We we're also instructed to steal any ammo boxes that were in the Russian base. As such, we mercs do what we do best... we we're in your base stealing your stuff. ;)

Recommendation: Spawn points should be away from obvious action areas and should not be the target of extraction operations in any scenario. If sides are to have a base of operations, they should be separate from the spawn points. Or, allow for medics and medic rules to reduce the need for spawn points.

SECTION III - SUMMARY

Overall I enjoyed the operation. It was an excellent turn out, with a good target rich environment. We had good players and I heard very little in the way of bickering or issues with calling of hits. The scenario and its implementation had a few hiccups, but that can happen. So long as everyone keeps an open mind and just has fun... it all evens out in the end. Time permitting, I will attend the next one. :)

Oh, and Kiley... I'll get you next time. ;)
Reaver
Recruit

Postby IconarmsDealer on Mon May 16, 2011 11:09 am

By Reaver-During the summer months, chose AO's that allow for more shade.

An alternate AO such as SRBG, or a brand new one..Mt Lemon maybe?
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby yellow_fever on Mon May 16, 2011 11:20 am

Thanks Reaver. That about matches what I was observed and noted (and straight up told) from the STALKERs.

Icon, I think SRBG caught fire, remember? I might get down there and check it out soon.
When in doubt, call it out.
Savage wrote:Good to know snow camo isn't desert issue anymore.
yellow_fever
Sergeant

Postby Exarach on Mon May 16, 2011 11:29 am

yellow_fever wrote:Thanks Reaver. That about matches what I was observed and noted (and straight up told) from the STALKERs.

Icon, I think SRBG caught fire, remember? I might get down there and check it out soon.

Either way, its still out do to the construction yes?
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Tue May 17, 2011 8:51 am

I have read all of these post,and AAR's. What it boils down to IMO

Stalkers had a head start-I watched them advancing on the bunker areas while we [Russians} were still being breifed. They were on top of us from the call of Game on. Admins should have been in closer com, and not released the factions until both were set.

Respawns/Fobs- as was stated in other post STALKERS did not want to return all the way back to FOB to respawn,They gruoped up to mass respawn at or near where they were hit. Russians on the other hand did return to their FOBs.Red5 and Red 4 engaged Stalkers well south east of Bunkers, This was a 500 +meter walk back to FOB. with few exceptions Red 5&4 had a Min 150-200 meter hike back to Respawn.
As to Russians returning fire from the Spawn point...well what else could they do when they are being fired at from 50 feet away

There was confusion on both parts, and one team was following the rules a bit closer than the other.Had Stalkers returned to FOB the end results would have been a bit diffrent.

Lets put this to rest, and concentrate on the next STALKERS event. The host has received plenty of feedback and iI am sure that they will take it all and apply it to the next event-Again the 34/49Th had a great time and we are looking forward to taking part in the next one. Let us know what we can do to help-Goldleader 49Th Commando Grenadiers
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby THKInternational on Tue May 17, 2011 2:45 pm

I agree there is work to be done but please start the game a little bit earlier
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Event Posts