Stalker: Episode 1 - 5/14/11

A 'read only' archive of past events

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Stalker: Episode 1 - 5/14/11

Postby RamboReserekted on Sun May 15, 2011 2:56 pm

sinful pain, please stop cursing and being offended, if you can't take constructive critisism then stop reading the posts and replying to them. Thank you for your maturity... (i'm not attacking you so please don't get defensive) ;)

on to more feedback,
Now that I'm able to hear more of the russian point of view on the whole "spawn scenario" I have figured out what you meant by "spawn camping" ... and again, i don't believe that was the intention. We ought to make sure the spawn points are away from desirable action areas, because as stalkers, we wanted to ambush and engage the enemy, and since the enemy (russians) were all at the spawn point then that's where we went... make sense now?

the stalker spawn point was way out in the desert, so I'm sure many stalkers just moved off a little bit to spawn instead of making the 20 min hike back to their area...
I know I was with a group and we circled the mountain and came up the back of the bunkers, at that point we saw hoards of russians and didn't want to run into them to attack being outnumbered, our idea was to infiltrate behind the russians and take them out... we didn't realize that plan was leading us straight through the russian spawn area (never made it that far myself)

summary: Make sure spawn points are evenly spaced and in equal distance to the play area. structures and bunkers attract airsofters in tucson because it's the only place we have them! this way we can avoid unintentional "spawn camping" and issues for one side to deploy... like yellow fever told us in the stalker breifing "there's no reason for the russians to come to your base" ... but stalkers had all the reason to go to the russians base.
RamboReserekted
Private

Postby ultimentra on Sun May 15, 2011 3:18 pm

Suggestion-
Something that may have helped with the spawn issue rambo talked about, was spacing out some secondary CCP spawn points for each faction. Since each faction had a team color, Russian = Orange, Stalkers = Green, some 10ft PVC pipes with the respective color on the end could serve as secondary spawn points incase the main spawn becomes too far away, or if it becomes contested.

Each team could have up to 5, or even just 1 secondary respawn area in different places. For example, Stalkers could have had a secondary CCP spawn area set up behind the hill some place, and the Russians had secondary spawn areas either past the black top (slag area) near one of those dirt hills, or even down the road a bit from the secondary bunker.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby yellow_fever on Sun May 15, 2011 3:36 pm

Secondary CCP's are a good idea. We did super-simple spawn rules partly to keep from overcomplicating an already complicated/untested scenario with any fancy medic rules or extra spawn points, so the topic was left a little underdeveloped. To be honest, once we agreed on spawn time and base location, it didn't even occur to me with the rest of what we planned out and prepped for.
When in doubt, call it out.
Savage wrote:Good to know snow camo isn't desert issue anymore.
yellow_fever
Sergeant

Postby THKInternational on Sun May 15, 2011 4:24 pm

To make the next stalker better i would suggest more admins and a better view of all the players like for an example have the admins be on top of the sasco hilll thatway they can observe all the players from a hight point
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Crono0001 on Sun May 15, 2011 5:37 pm

THKInternational wrote:To make the next stalker better i would suggest more admins and a better view of all the players like for an example have the admins be on top of the sasco hilll thatway they can observe all the players from a hight point

Can you learn to use punctuation?
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby THKInternational on Sun May 15, 2011 7:42 pm

Crono0001 wrote:
THKInternational wrote:To make the next stalker better i would suggest more admins and a better view of all the players like for an example have the admins be on top of the sasco hilll thatway they can observe all the players from a hight point

I don’t need you to criticize my posts when I stop getting A’s and B’s on my English papers then I’ll ask you for your input.
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby RamboReserekted on Sun May 15, 2011 8:00 pm

I started a thread in "GENERAL DISCUSSIONS" so that we can continue brainstorming ideas and drift away from the actaul game-play experience we had... for any of those who are actually interested in contributing something...

I don't know if this is dead already, but I like the idea of coming up with new ideas...
(I have a lot of "airsoft energy" I didn't get to expell, and probably won't make another game for a while, so the forums will have to satisfy that craving)
RamboReserekted
Private

Postby Exarach on Sun May 15, 2011 8:40 pm

IconarmsDealer wrote:I can speak for all the 34/49Th regardless of the few stumbling points we had a great time and look forward to another Stalkers event

Thanks for the compliment!

I think one major failing this game had, was the preference placed on the boxes, I had expected the boxes to be hunted for like hot cakes, instead, the first 5 minutes saw some good box captures, then broke down into a russian hunt :lol:

I think many players needed to release some pent up shooting fun that a box hunt just couldn't satisfy. :)
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby Crono0001 on Sun May 15, 2011 8:42 pm

THKInternational wrote:
Crono0001 wrote:

I don’t need you to criticize my posts when I stop getting A’s and B’s on my English papers then I’ll ask you for your input.

You see, without punctuation and correct grammar, your sentence doesn't make sense. Currently it has double negatives, and implies you need my help when you get A's and B's. Your sentence should read:

THKInternational wrote:Mr. Crono,
I don’t need you to criticize my posts. When I stop getting A’s and B’s on my English papers, I’ll ask you for your input.

Thank you for trying to help me and making me look like less of an idiot.

I give your post a 6/10, which on a straight scale is a D. Which also means, If I were your english teacher, I would fail your ass on this assignment, as you need a C or better to pass. You lost points because you failed to use punctuation, which is what your post was supposed to be about. You also lost a few points because you didn't respect your elders. English is my third language; don't get schooled by me when it comes to English.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

Postby Crono0001 on Sun May 15, 2011 8:53 pm

Also, I'm appalled you are getting A's and B's in high school. No wonder American Education is failing.
JAG-X
TAC Forum Troll
Crono0001
Master Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Event Posts