Operation Warrior Down TAC Charity Event

A 'read only' archive of past events

Moderator: Moderators

Operation Warrior Down TAC Charity Event

Postby ultimentra on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:13 pm

WHAT
TAC & MILLERS SURPLUS Summer Charity event! Support the cause of the Wounded Warrior Project and help a serviceman in need! All monetary donations will be tallied up at the end of the day and the sum donated to the Wounded Warriors Project. Alternatively, you can bring canned food to help local people at the food bank. There will be raffle at the end of the event where you have a chance to win swag from Millers Surplus!
For more information see: http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

WHEN
Saturday, August 20th 2011
Show: 0500
Chrono: 0520
Briefing: 0545
Start: 0600

WHERE
SASCO
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10

ADMISSION
This is a pay-to-play event! TAC suggests a donation of $5 or more. Remember, all proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project. If you choose to bring a donation for the local food bank please be sure to bring a selection of items that totals $5 or more.

SCENARIO
A German pilot has been shot down during no-fly zone operations in Libya. NATO has called upon the United States special forces to extract the pilot. However, an illegal mercenary group allied with Gaddaffi's government forces has been seen operating in the area. They may want to capture this pilot and extract any information regarding weaknesses of the NATO forces operating in the area. Once the pilot is secured, he will need to brought to a fortified location where he can decode and transmit a message containing intel over radio (either at gunpoint, or with promise of an extraction.) There may or may not be some unexpected complications in the course of completing your objective!

This game will make use of Green and Blue arm bands. All players are required to have an arm band. When signing up, you can specify whether you want to be on Blue Team (Mercenaries) or Green Team (United States Special Forces). Any camo/uniform is welcome. Please note that if there are too many players on either side, people will be moved to help balance the teams.

RULES
All players must comply with TAC code of conduct.
All players must have a zip-tie on their gun to show that they have chrono'd and paid.

Respawn rules are very simple. CCP posts will be placed in random areas around the OPsite. These CCP posts are colored according to team color, both blue and green. To respawn you must wait at a CCP post for 2 minutes, and afterwards, yell "RESPAWN!". There is 1 neutral CCP post, if there are enemy players near this CCP post, or dead enemies respawning at it, it is considered captured.

You may NOT use a CCP post IF- 1) Enemy players are active within AEG range
2) Enemy players are using the 1 neutral respawn point.

Vehicles- There will be no vehicles in use during gameplay, No exceptions.

Miscellanious: Radios are not required, but HIGHLY recommended. Each Faction is not required to split into fire teams, but it is recommended as maps are handed out only to squad leaders, as each faction gets a limited number. Objectives will be provided from HQ over radio. Please bring lots of water, the summer can be dangerous here. If you run out of water or start to feel dehydrated (light headed, stop sweating, dizzy) then please feel free to sit down at the parking lot.

RSVP: To RSVP please put your name, and what team you wish to be on. EX- (Ultimentra, Green team). If you have others coming with you please but +# and their name. EX- (Ultimentra +2Glenn,Charles, Green team).

Pills, Cougar- Game Staff
Musicman- Pilot
Roster
GREEN TEAM (UNITED STATES SPECIAL FORCES)
Ultimentra (admin)
ben
Clayton
Lima Delta
Mahabrah
David
Panther
Biohazard
Desert Hawks (5)
DMAN007 +2
Alexdean

BLUE TEAM (MERCENARIES)
Goldleader (admin)
Rebel Union +3
Smoothcat
Krash
Rambo
Tonk
Hawk
Far
Bones
CT+3
Willy Kass
Mighty Mouse +1
Rouge Fox
Mr. G +3 (may be moved to green team depending on attendance)

ADMIN EDIT
Just got back from checking the crossing out. Does not look good. A lifted 4X4 should be able to make it but I doubt anything 2WD will make it and I have doubts about stock height 4WDs. I took the Isuzu about 3/4 of the way to the river before I turned around. Close enough to see that the river is actually lower then the swamp leading up to it.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/gr ... 081911.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/gr ... 081911.jpg

I may well just park on the red rock size and walk in or make arrangements for one of you back road guys to meet me on the clear side of the water.
Last edited by ultimentra on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:18 am, edited 12 times in total.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Re: PLACEHOLDER

Postby Slim on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:37 pm

i'll be there, i'll do Us forces if thats cool?
Slim
Sergeant

Postby quadro on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:02 am

Won't be able to support this sadly. I have manual training for ARNG and will be out of town.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Harold R. McAlindon

quadro
Executive Advisor

Postby clayton on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:38 pm

I'll be there reguardless
clayton
1st Lieutenant

Re: Operation Warrior Down TAC Charity Event

Postby ultimentra on Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:18 pm

Thread finalized. Registration is now open!
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby Reaver on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:30 am

I will gladly join the Mercs side, provided I'm not doing any filming that weekend.
Reaver
Recruit

Postby KileyHAZ on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:21 am

DH will for sure make a showing at this event. We will RSVP as soon as we see which side has the bulk of sign ups. For figuring purposes you can probably count of 5 or 6 of us as undetermined at this point. We will RSVP the proper way as the vent gets closer.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby ben on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:17 pm

im in green
ben
TAC Vice President

Postby Mclovin on Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:22 pm

sorry wont be able to go i will be in Nebraska at this time for vacation
Mclovin
Sergeant

Postby Smoothcat on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Count SCUM in. Smoothcat, Krash, Rambo...for the blue team.
Rolling with Reaver :twisted:
Smoothcat
Private 1st Class

Next

Return to Archived Event Posts