"Operation Western Front"

A 'read only' archive of past events

Moderator: Moderators

"Operation Western Front"

Postby The Honey Badger on Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:21 pm

This is not a TAC event. The TAC organization allows this information to be made available on its web site to enhance public knowledge and promote a better understanding of local airsoft events. The TAC organization attempts to provide accurate, complete, and timely information on any given event posted on this site but cannot guarantee the information about this event as it is hosted by another group. TAC assumes no risk or liability in the content of this event nor endorses or opposes its orchestration. Attendance is at will and at the attendees own risk.

Russell_MaDonald wrote:I wnated to start this topic to anounce Operation westen front on this forum and to provide a place for TAC to comment on or ask questions about Operation Western Front. http://www.operationwf.com/ The web sight is up and accepting registrations if your interested sign up quick the slots are going fast.

This was directly copied from http://www.facebook.com/pages/Toxic-Airsoft/165147353519515?sk=wall&filter=12

Requirements for "Operation Western Front"; Minimum age 14, Max FPS 360, Midcaps ONLY, BIO BB'S ONLY, Tan or Off White. Green camo's Russian, Tan Camo's American, 10 man squads. All other requirements will be posted on our web site soon.

Operation "Western Front" will sell out fast, we already have 90 spots reserved leaving only 210 openings left. We have 4 confirmed vendors and seeking more, KWA, Umarex, Airsoftmegastore and more. This is the first event of this magnitude in AZ, it is being advertised nationally. There will be no discounts in pricing, sorry.

TOXIC AIRSOFT is proud to announce that we have just partnered with OLD TUCSON STUDIO'S to bring the first ever MILSIM to AZ. OPERATION: WESTERN FRONT will be held on October 1, 2011 at Old Tucson Studio's, gates will open at 7 AM, games will begin at 8 AM. The cost for this event is $95 to include Operation Patch and full lunch buffet. Web site will be up soon, contact me (Pat) about registration, we are capping this at 300 players.

Copied from http://www.operationwf.com/rules.html

EVENT RULES:

All Airsoft Weapons must be treated like real weapons at all times in the staging area.

The maximum fps for any airsoft gun on the playing field is 365 fps.

Players must chronograph (test the speed of their weapon) using a .25g 6mm bb.

All players must have a complete, signed release form on file to play at the field. There are no exceptions.

Test firing of weapons will take place in the designated area and in the designated direction. THERE IS NO FIRING IN THE STAGING AREA.

The playing area(s) will be defined at the start of each game. No player will go outside of the defined areas for any reason.

Safety equipment – ANSI rated safety glasses/goggles and/or a facemask must be worn at all times while on the field. (Anyone under 18 MUST wear Facemask)

“Safety” Calls are MANDATORY: You must surrender to an enemy if they are within 5 feet of you and you are unaware of his presence. They must have a clear shot at you when they call “Safety”.

“PARLEY” should be called if two players find themselves within 10 feet of each other, the players should then return to a safe distance of 30 feet and resume combat.

Minimum Engagement Distances:

10 feet with pistol
10 feet with AEG
100 feet for certified snipers/designated marksmen

Sniper rifles are allowed and they must be a single shot bolt action and may shoot up to a maximum 550fps with a .20g, 6mm bb. It is recommended that all sniper players carry a sidearm to engage in CQB at ranges closer than 100ft.

The permission to deploy multiple bb showers, booby traps, devices similar to the M203’s and any other devices will be determined by the Field Ref prior to deployment.

No Blind Fire! You MUST be able to see your target to engage it.

No alteration of any field structure is allowed. Do not move anything to improve a position (Barrels, Tables, Equipment, etc.)

No ‘Tactical Shields! will be used unless specified in the game briefing.

A hit ANYWHERE ON YOUR BODY OR GEAR is a kill. Weapon hits are NOT kills. Ricochets are not kills. Friendly fire is not friendly and is a kill.

When you are hit: Call out loudly HIT or DEAD, Wave your arms and Raise your weapon and walk out or call for a medic. If night time, be sure to bring a ‘dead light’ to avoid getting shot again. Exit the Field as quickly as possible and do not assume that you will not get shot anymore when you call yourself out.

DEAD MEN DO NOT TALK. Communicating with ‘live’ players while dead is cheating. If applicable to the scenario, you may request a medic and provide your location via radio. Other than that, shut up. If the game is a ‘respawn’ type game, go directly to the respawn area. Do not loiter on the field and watch the action.

Muster area for ‘dead’ players will be covered in the briefing as one or more specific locations. If no respawn areas are specified, the muster area will be back in the Staging Area.

This is a clean field. Cheaters and idiots will not be tolerated. You WILL be banned for not calling hits. Verbal or Physical altercations are grounds for immediate expulsion from the field. This is your warning.

Minimum age to participate in this event is 14 years old.

Swearing will not be tolerated on the field. Toxic Airsoft is a family atmosphere.

Anyone demonstrating any unsafe behavior will be deemed as unfit to participate and will be asked to leave with No Refund!

Pick up ALL of your trash and place in the designated trash cans.

Smoking is not allowed on the field due to the high fire hazard.

Have fun and play with honor and professionalism. Never cheat or break any of the above rules. If any of the rules are broken by a player they may be asked to leave the field with no refund. These rules are for your safety and the safety of others. Remember the referee is the judge on the field and his/her ruling is final.
Last edited by The Honey Badger on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Re: "Operation Western Front"

Postby KileyHAZ on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:49 am

Assuming I can come up with cash I'm down to give it a shot. I'm not going in with expectations that this will be anything on the level of Combat Challenge or Lion Claws. Even if it is just a few sponsors playing and a subset of the crowd from toxic I'd like to show up and lead by example. It's worth the cash to me to play on a unique venue.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby ultimentra on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:45 am

49th will be rolling russian for this one.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby yellow_fever on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:23 pm

It's just tan vs green I believe.
When in doubt, call it out.
Savage wrote:Good to know snow camo isn't desert issue anymore.
yellow_fever
Sergeant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:58 pm

yellow_fever wrote:It's just tan vs green I believe.

I beleive that is correct.Tan being Nato and green being Russian.when I spoke to "Pat" he distinctly said Russians would be playing a role..I love being the bad guys..or is it the good guys? :twisted:
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Russell_MaDonald on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:04 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that the site for registration is up and the slots are filling fast.

http://www.operationwf.com

As one of Toxics owners and the mission planer for this event if there are any questions or confusion please let me know and I’ll see what i can do to answer it. I know there has been a lot of confusion and the short time between getting permission and the date for the event has not helped.

As to questions i saw in the posts so far. The operation will use the entire town and surrounding area, the glass in the buildings is either safety glass or plexi so no prop with bb's there. A lot of the buildings have displays in them so we can’t go inside. However there are a few we can go in this will help limit the amount of building clearing to move through town. Also we can get on the roofs of several as well making snipers a big issue for commanders to worry about. :twisted:

In general TAN team will be considered: Desert, a-tacs and ACU.
GREEN team will be considered: Forest, multi-cam, and any other types.

I know this is a little confusing to players used to mil-sim and all the types of camo out there but to be honest I’m not much of a camo buff so i tried to keep things simple basically for now if it looks tanish its tan if it looks greenish its green and the weird stuff goes with green cause there’s usually less green running around :)

Also we are going to have a quick draw tournament during lunch with prizes probably cash and airsoft guns to be announced during the morning briefing. Format will be double elim tree using gun provided by us. Entry will be $10

As I’ve tried to make clear this is our first big event and while we are getting some help from people who have done this a few times we don’t expect everything to be perfect. We expect and encourage feedback from players. We do however plan to have a hell of a good time and hope you will join us.

sorry if this post is a little long
Thanks,
Russell
Russell_MaDonald
Recruit

Postby KileyHAZ on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:15 pm

Russell_MaDonald wrote:Just wanted to let everyone know that the site for registration is up and the slots are filling fast.

http://www.operationwf.com

As one of Toxics owners and the mission planer for this event if there are any questions or confusion please let me know and I’ll see what i can do to answer it. I know there has been a lot of confusion and the short time between getting permission and the date for the event has not helped.

As to questions i saw in the posts so far. The operation will use the entire town and surrounding area, the glass in the buildings is either safety glass or plexi so no prop with bb's there. A lot of the buildings have displays in them so we can’t go inside. However there are a few we can go in this will help limit the amount of building clearing to move through town. Also we can get on the roofs of several as well making snipers a big issue for commanders to worry about. :twisted:

In general TAN team will be considered: Desert, a-tacs and ACU.
GREEN team will be considered: Forest, multi-cam, and any other types.

I know this is a little confusing to players used to mil-sim and all the types of camo out there but to be honest I’m not much of a camo buff so i tried to keep things simple basically for now if it looks tanish its tan if it looks greenish its green and the weird stuff goes with green cause there’s usually less green running around :)

Also we are going to have a quick draw tournament during lunch with prizes probably cash and airsoft guns to be announced during the morning briefing. Format will be double elim tree using gun provided by us. Entry will be $10

As I’ve tried to make clear this is our first big event and while we are getting some help from people who have done this a few times we don’t expect everything to be perfect. We expect and encourage feedback from players. We do however plan to have a hell of a good time and hope you will join us.

sorry if this post is a little long
Thanks,
Russell

No problem with the long post at all, its probably the single most coherent and comprehensive communication we have gotten on the event thus far. Thanks for dropping in and letting us know. Scuttlebut is that a bunch of TAC players are going to attend. They won't be shy with feedback so make sure you take what they say objectively and with a grain of salt (some will be objective and some will just be ass hats, but all feedback is good).
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby IconarmsDealer on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:40 pm

Hers a reply to a PM I sent to Russ:
in brief

The first mission will be one hour with a short re-spawn time and the objective will be to destroy as many balloons as possible in the opponent’s side of the town it sounds corny but believe me when you see the lay out it makes a lot more sense.

Mission two will be a two hour hostage rescue with five min re-spawn times and medic rule for armbands. The hostages in buildings in the town each team will have a set of hostages to rescue while defending their own.

mission three will be a three hour take and hold with five min re-spawn times and medic rule for armbands. Five flag poles will be spaced throughout the town and points awarded at intervals for possession, also there will be a pyrotechnic objective for each team to blow up for extra points.

ok, all of old Tucson will be used including the inside of the building without displays inside and the rooftops of the buildings that have roof access also the surrounding area from the church in the back to the livery stables across the gorge. I will have laminated aerial maps for squad leaders but i haven’t been able to get one posted on the site yet.

Staging will be one team based in the church with re-spawn in the graveyard and the other team based in the stable with re-spawns in the corral adjacent to it.

and as far as camo i honestly don’t have much experience with the different names and types but i believe you are correct in your statement.

I hope that gives you what you need if not please call me at 520-xxx-xxxx
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby The Honey Badger on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:02 pm

more info added at the top
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby The Honey Badger on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:10 pm

hey Russell, if we had a party of like 20+ could we get like $10 or $15 off a head?
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Next

Return to Archived Event Posts