From AA: STALKER; Black Box (SASCO)

A 'read only' archive of past events

Moderator: Moderators

From AA: STALKER; Black Box (SASCO)

Postby ultimentra on Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:59 pm

A 3rd party from AA is hosting an OP that is shaping up to be quite the event! Its being sponsored by Arizona Airsoft Innovations, and being held at SASCO!

Date- December 3rd
Time- SHOW UP/Registration 0830
Lets get a group going as SASCO is our turf! :)

http://www.airsoftarizona.com/index.php?topic=31923.0

TAC Roster-
Ultimentra (Military)
Combine (Military)

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/2088/mapcopy.jpg
Not a bad idea...
Last edited by ultimentra on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ultimentra
TAC XO

Re: From AA: STALKER; Black Box (SASCO)

Postby The Honey Badger on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:15 pm

Looks like someone beat you to it Exarach...
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Exarach on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:47 pm

TJC10 wrote:Looks like someone beat you to it Exarach...

No worries here. I have a feeling I know how this event will turn out.....

Also, there's the Exarach promise, I will NEVER charge for an event, even if the props run into the $300 like SSOS:1 lol.

This guy wants $5+ for you to drive to SASCO

Its the difference between providing hosting because you love the game and the material, and trying to turn a quick moneymaking event.

STALKER 2 will be happening later this year, we just caught up by the sudden arrival of the combat challenge games the past few months.
BUT,
Props are being gathered as we speak. It will be a blast when it happens :D
My first OP opened up the field for STALKER based scenarios here, and hopefully we see more people embrace it in the future, after speaking to the event organizer however, I just hope that this op doesn't turn everyone off to the idea for future games.

Wheres the Grozny 4 Dh?
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby DarrK on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:50 pm

As I said on the other forum, this is a sponsored game, and the token fee of $5 covers expenses, I don't have the disposable income to pay for props on my own, so a small fee spread out among all the participants seems fair. It's not like paying for a game at a regular airsoft event which can run you $20+ for half the time, and half the fun this will be.

We're also having raffle prizes, a booth from AAI, a BBQ Lunch for sale, and actors to play the roles of noncombatants, such as scientists, and other sort of things.

Carpool meets in South Phoenix at 7am, more info on that on the thread on AA.
DarrK
Private

Postby ultimentra on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Honestly 5 dollars isn't that much to me. One less lunch at McD's or whatever wont hurt me any. Plus the fact that there will be actual infrastructure for this game, and multiple factions makes it worth the drive and the 5 bucks. It looks like actual effort is being put into the staffing/planning at this one. Kudos to you DarrK. :D
ultimentra
TAC XO

Postby DarrK on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:32 pm

ultimentra wrote:Honestly 5 dollars isn't that much to me. One less lunch at McD's or whatever wont hurt me any. Plus the fact that there will be actual infrastructure for this game, and multiple factions makes it worth the drive and the 5 bucks. It looks like actual effort is being put into the staffing/planning at this one. Kudos to you DarrK. :D

Thanks!
But the thanks go to AAI on this, they are providing us with a lot of the things that would have increased the price, such as a Chronograph, and they are taking care of the food aspect of it. Along with staff shirts and such, I'm glad I was able to keep the pre-reserve down to $5, initially I imagined it being much higher.
DarrK
Private

Postby combine21 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:37 pm

Ulti, throw me in for Military, ive got spart woodland lying around here somewere. just need to work on mids for my M4
combine21
Private 1st Class

Postby Slim on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:35 am

get me for military too,
Slim
Sergeant

Postby The Honey Badger on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Military Stalkers (6-8 Players)
-Government soldiers trained to protect the integrity of the Zone from outside elements, notably, Stalkers trying to sneak in. They want to recover the Black Box because it was their helicopter that crashed near the city of Pripyat.
Uniforms - Woodland Camo (Requires AEG or Rifle)
Missions
Secure the Black Box and recover all the intelligence related to it
Prevent Stalkers from entering the Zone
Destroy the base of Duty and Freedom

DarrK wouldn't you rather have "Military Stalkers" in VDV/MVD (Soviet or RFed) uniforms instead of Woodland or will you make exception on the field?

There is a big advantage being a "Military Stalker" with full auto from the start. Seemingly, (6-8 Players) is a pipe dream because everyone in the milsim community has a US Woodland impression since it is the easiest to compile.

I only say that because the people that are "signing up" from here are the 49th Commandos(34th Speznatz) airsoft team who practically live in Russian Flora when not in Multicam. The same can be said about the Desert Hawks (in kamysh tigr) when and if we decide to attend. So in essence, and I hate to say it, there may be a lot of us show up in a full Russian impression and a lot of people in woodland expecting to fight on the Military side. I could be wrong though.

My second question is, are there actually 7 factions in this game?
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby MusicMan on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:29 pm

I'll be going in woodland as STALKER Military unless they take TJCs advise, then rolling Russian Camos as 34th Spetz. Just waiting til Thursday money.
Echo1 AKM 47 // Cyma RPK 74 // Cyma Glock 18c // KWA Glock 19
MusicMan
Sergeant

Next

Return to Archived Event Posts