TAC @ TUCSON GUNSHOW SEPT, 22-23

A 'read only' archive of past events

Moderator: Moderators

Re: TAC @ TUCSON GUNSHOW SEPT, 22-23

Postby THKInternational on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:12 am

hehe well its not complete because I wanted to add more photos but i used what I had ill probobly add some other photos for the final project.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldy-JR6Qr6k&list=UUSNNZAfr-OgyexcCGxgCkbg&index=1&feature=plcp
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby KileyHAZ on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:45 am

THKInternational wrote:hehe well its not complete because I wanted to add more photos but i used what I had ill probobly add some other photos for the final project.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldy-JR6Qr6k&list=UUSNNZAfr-OgyexcCGxgCkbg&index=1&feature=plcp

Not bad at all.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby BIO on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:47 am

Very nice THK,thanks for posting
BIO
TAC Treasurer

Postby THKInternational on Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:12 am

lol I didnt mean to put the nose picking picture in :lol: Ill make the final project now ill put it on a CD for the gun show if its still going on.
dhammapada wrote: If you see an intelligent man who tells you where true treasures are to be found, who shows what is to be avoided, and administers reproofs, follow that wise man; it will be better, not worse, for those who follow him.
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby The Honey Badger on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:02 pm

Is the show a go or is it postponed? I could commit after October 1, but not while on graves. Its all I can do to make it a couple hours for pick ups. In late, out early. If it wasn't for the fact that I am changing shifts I would have to play hooky from work for Saturday and that's after working all night Friday.
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby Exarach on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:39 am

The Honey Badger wrote:Is the show a go or is it postponed? I could commit after October 1, but not while on graves. Its all I can do to make it a couple hours for pick ups. In late, out early. If it wasn't for the fact that I am changing shifts I would have to play hooky from work for Saturday and that's after working all night Friday.

Ya, I have been wondering this too.....
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby THKInternational on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:28 am

its obvious with 2 days remaining its not Ill be going still but hey next year someone setup a pickup
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

Postby IconarmsDealer on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:06 pm

the following was posted in the staff thread-No one stepped up so Im not wasting another second on this -

From Staff section: Gun Show plan-B
TAC-
Ok getting a table this close to go time is not going to happen.$85.00 a Pop and all the have are way back in a corner.
Print off the information as highlighted by Kiley describing what air-soft and Mil-sim is all about. Along with a safety guidlines. A nice looking cover page on colored paper with TAC logo and Web address to forums. Staple it together.**
Everyone get together the evening of the 21st(friday) and get a stack of fliers, and business cards.
On the reverse of each card place your screen name/call sign.

Saturday morning we again link up at the show parking lot. select your coolest AEG,GBB and sling it over your shoulder. We will each have to pay our own way in. once inside we devide the hall up into quads, and in groups of two stop at every table and engage the vendors in conversation. Show them your AEG
When you see young folks TEENS stop and talk with their parents first, and then the teen. There may be vendors selling airsoft type items.
There will be several LEO and these folks will be a great place to pass off your TAC card,let them know that if they run across kids/Teens playing where they should not to simply point them our way.
I will stop short of scripting your approach to each vendor, but you should start by looking at something they are selling Itroduce yourself Hand them a card, show them your Gun and finish with 'can I leave one of these information packets with you.You will have some who wont give you the time of day so dont get butt hurt.
The vendors you want to focus on- Any vendor selling Tactical gear, guns , scopes and so on.be sure to let them know We(mil-Simmers) buy a lot of their type of products. Also let them know 90% of us also are real steel shooters.
What to wear- Dont show up ina full camo uniform and Tac vest, keep it simple/ casual and professional/. Be polite and respectful even to the folks who think you are a person who plays with toys.

This will give you an idea of what to expect the next time we have a GUN SHOW coming

** We can staple the items together on friday night.

Move along.................
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby IconarmsDealer on Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:47 am

Well is'nt that the shit? We have a bunch of people who want to go to the gun show, and not a single one posted in the staff section concerning a last minute rally to pull the materials together, and at least make a half assed attempt to make a showing.
LEts forget it! we can keep playing with the same group of folks(and thats not saying these folks are bad). We can all come up with great ideas about promoting TAC and the sport and then we can sit around and do NOTHING about it.
We have had plenty of time..thats been pissed away!
We had all better sit down at the next meeting and decide what roles each of the board positions are to play or we might as well forget it.
Honestly I feel as if we are just figureheads.
I will give three cheers to Hollywood! she took point on the cards and with in no time had us the cards in hand.
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby THKInternational on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:14 pm

am I allowed in the staff section?
THKInternational
2nd Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Event Posts