TAC @ TUCSON GUNSHOW SEPT, 22-23

A 'read only' archive of past events

Moderator: Moderators

Re: TAC @ TUCSON GUNSHOW SEPT, 22-23

Postby KileyHAZ on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:02 pm

THKInternational wrote:am I allowed in the staff section?

By staff section in this post he meant a forum that does not exist on these boards. If such a place existed it would be a violation of opsec to post about if that was the case. The first rule about fight club is that you don't talk about fight club.

Short answer no.

Long answer, this is actually a board internal matter. These guys (as in the board) have some kinks to work out about how to delegate and commit to tasks and how to handle things if one or more people get swamped. I think in this case everyone thought someone else was going to pick up and make things happen and so no one did. This is the exact reason you never say "someone call 911" in an emergency. You always pick 2 people and specifically tell them that they need to call 911.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"
KileyHAZ
Executive Advisor

Postby The Honey Badger on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:29 pm

:lol:
The Honey Badger
TAC CO

Postby IconarmsDealer on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:52 am

If we are going to split hairs the section I was refering to was: Staff discussion/Board members private thread.

Months ago I provided in military terms would be a SALUTE report.Passed it to the board(chain of command).It was then their duite to formulate and mount an attack based on that report. As the Sgt of Arms Deligation of duities is NOT in the positions description. When the XO was made aware of the Intel That position should have then taken the reported intel up tyhe chain of command, whener the CO/President/treasurer would have deligated the duties back down the chain of command-

SGT AT ARMS- Based on our(TAC) needs heresWhat Is the Responsibility of the Sergent at Arms amount to?

Welcome

The Sergeant-at-Arms will be the the primary point of welcome and facilitation during meetings of their organization. After preparing the meeting venue, they will greet all arrivals and ensure members and guests are provided with adequate provisions, such as paperwork and refreshments.

Enforcement

The Sergeant-at-Arms must enforce the rules and regulations regarding the conducting of business in the organization's meetings. This will include dealing with any physical or verbal infraction (which may later be reviewed by committee to determine any punitive action) and responsibility for ensuring voting procedures are fair and free from manipulation.

Support

The Sergeant-at-Arms is the primary representative of the president (or equivalent) of an organization. Regardless of their own affiliations, the Sergeant-at-Arms must support the decisions of the president, provide material requirements of the president and undertake any duties as prescribed by the president.
VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY IN ELECTION 2012 AND HELP RESTORE AMERICA
IconarmsDealer
TAC Sergeant of Arms

Postby Exarach on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:49 am

IconarmsDealer wrote:Support

The Sergeant-at-Arms is the primary representative of the president (or equivalent) of an organization. Regardless of their own affiliations, the Sergeant-at-Arms must support the decisions of the president, provide material requirements of the president and undertake any duties as prescribed by the president.

ya, but posting twice in a thread really isn't support, I had all my materials printed up, and over three hours of cool movies and media pictures that I had promised in my post, and some neat replicas ready to go, I even had that stuff in Tucson Saturday and Sunday on the offchance we would somehow score a booth.

Now I have four stacks of printed AEG handouts and parts diagrams I have to sit on, and a bunch invested into a computer presentation. Long story, this was an ok idea that got no support from people, perhaps an evaluation of the motives is in order?

I posted up what I could do, got all my stuff I promised, and drove myself to Tucson, it just didn't work out.

But seriously, the fact that we are going crazy in this thread now, when this shit doesn't matter, just shows asinine and childish behavior.

Don't get me wrong, I love the whole lot of you guys, but this thread not trying to solve what went wrong, or even if it was a good/bad idea in the first place, its trying to pitch around the blame and get off the hook for something that didn't pan out.

Attempting to try and push the shit up the line does nothing for anyone. Some people committed, some didn't, and the ball got drop/mangled/goatfucked. The gears didn't start, the wheel didn't turn, and it was a mess up that everyone who had a part in needs to take a claim on.

I think its a really good indicator of the Tac majority as a whole. If we are willing to commit to such an endeavor, it needs to be unified. If not, well, you see what happens.

As for this stupid thread, lets just stop this garbage. "Special threads" :roll: "Lets post the secret squirrel info!" :roll: seriously?

It went downhill. Its not worth arguing over, it didn't happen, its a shame, but it really isn't a big deal, were really not out any great sums of money, and we really aren't out a whole lot of planning time... :lol:
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?
IconarmsDealer wrote:We are just figureheads.

IconarmsDealer wrote:Fuck you you fat mother fucker
Exarach
Master Sergeant

Postby Savage on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:28 pm

I think that some introspection is in order. Individuals need to decide the difference between "That would be cool", and "Yes, I can do that."

Yes. A TAC booth would be wonderful and cool. This has been discussed in depth.

No. People are both unable, and unwilling to actually participate. And people still are willing to put out their vote for yes, which is, in this case, a verbal RSVP. Then, again and again, this teenage drama happens.

People. You need to decide if you think the idea is cool, or if you're *actually willing to participate* beyond your keyboard.
I think this is a wonderful idea. It brings everything from new faces, to the possibility of new game zones, to a potential of profit. However, I'm completely unable to actually *support* the decision. So I (and many others) abstain from the entire thing.

So to the folks who work most saturdays like me, maybe we should weigh in and say "yes, that's a good idea, but I'm unable to get any saturdays off. Evar." or "I don't think this is a good idea, maybe there's a better way we could represent ourselves. Insert structured reasoning."

Communicate before you act. Plan before you act. And when you act, succeed. There would be no second place at the gun show; everyone who comes to that booth is going to be adamant that you're either trollbait, or their new best friends. They're going to talk about you. Make sure they're saying good things. Don't just make waves, make the right waves.
PRAISE TO THE HOLY PROPHET CLANCY
Facial rugs may increase combat effectiveness?
Savage
Master Sergeant

Previous

Return to Archived Event Posts